The toffee's first mistake - They've lost their stevie g

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:22 am

To Everton fans Thomas Gravesen was their very own Stevie G (although I hate that comparrison because the gulf in class is obviously so vast, we couldn't reaally say he was the new Salif Diao could we) and I believe that this will be their downfall.

It sickens me to see Liverpool chasing Everton but the time has now come for their downfall. In truth their first mistake was buying James Beattie. I know this sounds wierd but hear me out. Beattie is not a lone striker and the only reason that Everton had got into the position that they are in now, is the fact that they have taken that man from attack and flooded the midfield and not allowing teams to get their shots in. And the most important piece in this jigsaw was T. G. who I like to think of as the poor man's Makele. With him out of the picture and Everton's sub-par midfielders a man down, their uppence has come. With Liverpools steady form and the signing of Morientes, the returned fitness of Baros, the possitive backup of Pellegrino and the ever wonderful Stevie, we will have them caught in no time.

The time is nye! Strike while the spaniards are hot and we will have our rightful place back. (of course, at the moment our rightful place is fourth, but at least it's a step in the right direction.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:36 am

Can only see them going backwards now. It's a catastrophic day for them, particularly the price (even though he was out of contract in the summer).

The only thing going for them now is the fact that they still have money in hand after the Rooney sale.
ivor_the_injun

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:40 am

They will replace him and anyone who thikns Moyes is a poor manager is a bloody idiot.

As for Beattie, don't give me that ****** about not being able to play upfront on his own. Any striker who has quality can play up there on there own if the system around them is correct. It wouldn't suprise me if they signed Parker who is a more than capable replacement.

They aren't a one man side, this will effect there season tho i think. Hopefully the way we all think it will.
115-1073096938

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:48 am

I'm not saying that Beattie won't be able to play on his own, I just don't think that he will do as well as he has done. Great partnerships have always been the key. I dare say he''l bang a couple in, but he won't be as prolific.
I never said that Moyes was not a great manager, and one day he will end up at a top side and I'm sure that he will do well, but he is having to work with strained resources at Everton, and now, without Gravesen, you cannot expect (or want) him to perform miracles. Look what happened to Charlton when they sold Parker.
They are not a one man side, but their giant has just left the building.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:54 am

Good post mate :cool: .
I also agree on the graveson issue, but lets not get to carried away, as we thought everton would be relegated without Rooney, ok he was a kid and didnt play that much for them, but they are playing with anger.
And avengence no other team in the prem is, thats why Stevie is such a major asset to us, him and Carragher both realise the importance of wearing that Liverpool shirt, in the derby not one of our players realised this, against the scum in september when stevie got a broken bone in his foot, the result 2-1 the goal to us coming from an own goal from Oshea.
Ok Xabi was new and Garcia, I will let them off for that mistake, but on the derby day, maybe It was a high from our qualifying for the champions league I dont know, what happened that day, but we where p#ss poor.
Everton in my opinion had a greivance with Rooney 19 wanting to go to a bigger club, scottish manager fires the team up, that little b@stard reckons were no good etc...........
We always succeeded with scottish in our team and so are everton, its that fighting mentality, sometimes that wins you games.

We never have 2 halfs the same always a good one and a bad one, Rafa gets them in at half time and gives them a bolloking, what they are doing wrong.
If we want any chance of success we have to play well for 90 mins plus, not think we can turn things around with 45 mins to play, we are going to become unstuck with this attitude and its certainly not one that Rafa portrays when you see him in the dugout screamin at them.

Thats why Tommy Gravestone was good for the bluenoses this season he dug in and made them fight had a repitore with the fans boing radinski when he came to goodison the other week, getting the fans riled, making a cult status for himself, while in the meantime he was putting himself in the shop window.

James Beattie brings his own jinx with him he wont be a success at everton and they know it, hes a pretty boy not some scally that will appreciate thinkin hes hard and the best ever to be put in the prem.
But for us we now have Morientes, Baros, Pongolle, Mellor all won awards for being the best strikers, Mori has a list as long as my arm, Baros euro 2004 golden boot, Pongo frances under 17s, and Mellor the best goal for the under 18s.
People can laugh all they want, but im proud of my team, and players dont get them awards for nothing.

Im glad Tommy Gravestone has gone and we will take over them, and its not before time class will always outshine mediocre and im afraid to say that thats all the bluesh#te are, a mediocre team riding on luck and boring 1-0 :sleepy: .
But now the wheels have fell off they will become a morris minor.
Startin on sunday against boro, they will get beat and slowly start to deminish into ablivion.

Theres only one team on merseyside Liverpool FC  :love:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:03 am

cisses_gonna_get_ya? How is it that whenever I put up a post that I am proud of, you come along, hi-jack it, and make all the points that I was tryin to make. I'm not complaining, I'd just like to know your secret.
However, I still think that Beattie will score goals and that he was, for them, a good signing. But he will not compliment Everton's style that has got them this far, and unless they adapt quickly to the changes that will have to be made to accomodate him, they will fall. Let's hope that they drop harder than a dead albatross with a brick tied around it's feet.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:08 am

The Ace1983 wrote:cisses_gonna_get_ya? How is it that whenever I put up a post that I am proud of, you come along, hi-jack it, and make all the points that I was tryin to make. I'm not complaining, I'd just like to know your secret.
However, I still think that Beattie will score goals and that he was, for them, a good signing. But he will not compliment Everton's style that has got them this far, and unless they adapt quickly to the changes that will have to be made to accomodate him, they will fall. Let's hope that they drop harder than a dead albatross with a brick tied around it's feet.

Listen mate I said good post refering to you, when I was typing that but others jumped in and started dissagreeing.
I didnt try to Hy jack it atall its just my point of view on everton and I was glad you started that topic.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:14 am

I'm definatley not complaining, I was complimenting you. I'm glad that you appreciated my comment and I'm glad that you posted mine. I was just telling you that you have a good way with words.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:15 am

I meant to say that I was glad that you posted yours.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:22 am

The secret is she spends a bit of time and puts some careful thought into it just like st mike
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:28 am

It wouldn't suprise me if they signed Parker who is a more than capable replacement.

Parker is done for the season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:45 am

I thought I heard somewhere that they were after Jenas but that will never happen.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:46 am

no way would newcastle let him go
plus the toffees arent allowed to have players like Jenas
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The Ace1983 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:49 am

I know, isn't it great?
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:50 am

Everton will slip now even faster than expected. Gravesen was their key player, he was the one who created things for them in the midfield and I don't see any of their other players being able to do the same.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion