Stand up sit down - update

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Amanda » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:32 pm

www.standupsitdown.co.uk

We are to meet with the FLA in January to discuss our proposals. An
summary of the meeting will follow.

We have written again to several people from within the game who we know are supportive of what we wish to achieve asking that they back our objectives and speak out.

Derby County Supporters Trust have placed on the record that they feel that supporter groups should now lobby for safe standing.  We are hoping other Trusts will follow suit and have also contacted Supporters Direct asking for their support.

We have compiled dossier of supporter feedback on issues surrounding
safe standing. Comments very supportive of our aims and many critical  about seating arrangements at various grounds.  For example, from a seated position at many grounds you cannot see the whole pitch.

We are awaiting result of survey carried out by Football Fans Census. Early indications are that the results are in our favour with only 10% of respondents against seperate standing areas.

We still need to boost our membership and number of signatures on our
petition.  The more people respond, the more weight we carry.

Further details may be found at www.standupsitdown.co.uk and if you have any questions, I may be emailed at ajm22769@yahoo.co.uk
Amanda

Postby Woollyback » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:35 pm

They have standing areas at most Bundesliga grounds don't they, and it's never led to any safety issues? I'm all for it but obviously needs due diligence especially as it's such a sensitive subject for LFC.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Amanda » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:47 pm

I understand of course that it is sensitive for Liverpool but this is the second time I've posted here and first time around didn't attract any adverse comments so thought I'd come back with an update of our progress.
Amanda

Postby lakes10 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:18 pm

i dont think we should get rid of the seats but should be aloud to stand in front of them if you wish , what we should be looking out for is that in the next few years is football hooliganism, its coming back and its going to be big , bigger than before.
right now its just building , there are a few teams in london and there fans are already having fights aranged after the game , the fights take place up to 20 miles away from the game but soon it will spread back to the grounds ...so take note
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby E7. » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:29 pm

They should have standing at our game with the Millwank this Sunday. It would give us more leg room when things get a bit warm. :angry:
E7.

Postby the great one » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:16 am

E7. wrote:They should have standing at our game with the Millwank this Sunday. It would give us more leg room when things get a bit warm. :angry:

thugs against thugs wat aload of hooligans there is for the police to collect there money  :suspect:
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion