Sharp

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:12 pm

After watching the Arsenal-Everton game, Arsenal seemed very sharp but they did play Everton so I can't give them too much credit . As we all know, Liverpool is magic and Everton is tragic.

I am more worried about Arsenal being our competion then I am about Chelsea [Chelsea only managed to score one goal against Man Utd while Arsenal beat them 3-1 withtout any problems]

If we want to challenge Arsenal's title we need to get the players we need, fast. When we do play Arsenal or any other club for that matter,possesion of the ball is important. One mistake and we might let a goal in, so LFC has a lot of work to do.

But I think games against Arsenal we can draw and win one at Anfield.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:30 pm

We can beat any team in the league or even the world if we played at our potential, i think we have the ability to be feared by everyone again under Benitez.

I missed the Arsenal game, but i watch the Chelsea vs Man UTD game and i was not impressed at all, by neither of them. If Mourinho thinks hes going to win the EPL by playing like that, hes another thing coming...a kick in the balls.

It kind of looked like every man for himself, with the occasional nice link up play. I also noticed they defended in drastic numbers, i found myself wondering if they had more than 11 players on the pitch a few times!
Last edited by Gareth G on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:41 pm

As much as i dislike that cocky g*t Mourihno its a little unfair to say Chelsea dont stand a chance of winning the prem although i think it will be a hard job stopping Arsenal again. He has got to mould Chelsea the way he wants and if anyone judged Benitez on our game at Spurs saying stuff like that we would be dissapointed.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:45 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:We can beat any team in the league or even the world if we played at our potential, i think we have the ability to be feared by everyone again under Benitez.

I missed the Arsenal game, but i watch the Chelsea vs Man UTD game and i was not impressed at all, by neither of them. If Mourinho thinks hes going to win the EPL by playing like that, hes another thing coming...a kick in the balls.

It kind of looked like every man for himself, with the occasional nice link up play. I also noticed they defended in drastic numbers, i found myself wondering if they had more than 11 players on the pitch a few times!

Thats Chelski's weakness, their whole team is basicaly new meaning that they don't know each other very well and if you want to play as a team you have to know your team mates gameplay.

Chelsea has a 50-50 of winning, and I think Arsenal are far bigger competion than Chelsea. However Arsenal gets cocky too much after they score which will be their downfall when they play us  :devil:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:49 pm

I know what you mean madred and its probably unfair of me to say that. But going by their supporters and such, it a fair comment. I think every one has over rated Chelsea because of the quality in their squad, but getting them to play together is another story.

Time will tell with them, theres a lot of different playing styles in that team to consider, they may need a whole year to learn how to gel with one another. But imo, they are far more beatable than what people think.
Last edited by Gareth G on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:53 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I know what you mean madred and its probably unfair of me to say that. But going by their supporters and such, it a fair comment. I think every one has over rated Chelsea because of the quality in their squad, but getting them to play together is another story.

Time will tell with them, theres a lot of different playing styles in that team to consider, they may need a whole year to learn how to gel with one another. But imo, they are far more beatable than what people think.

Chelsea is a carbon copy of Real Madrid and if you have seen the Spanish league the past two seasons, Real has been a failure.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:06 pm

I think sometimes football clubs need 2-3 players that are not top quality but have more passion. It adds team spirit imo, kind of like Carragher and Liverpool. Im not saying Jamie is a bad player, but hes not world class, his abilities are his passion and commitment, his willingness to always give his all no matter what situation hes in.

I think world class players drop the head too easily, imagine that in a squad full of them!

I hope you all understand what i mean by that and don't rag on me lol.   :p
Last edited by Gareth G on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:12 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:I think sometimes football clubs need 2-3 players that are not top quality but have more passion. It adds team spirit imo, kind of like Carragher and Liverpool. Im not saying Jamie is a bad player, but hes not world class, his abilities are his passion and commitment, his willingness to always give his all no matter what situation hes in.

I think world class players drop the head too easily, imagine that in a squad full of them!

I hope you all understand what i mean by that and don't rag on me lol.   :p

I get what you're saying, I feel the same way.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:17 pm

A.B. wrote:After watching the Arsenal-Everton game, Arsenal seemed very sharp but they did play Everton so I can't give them too much credit . As we all know, Liverpool is magic and Everton is tragic.

I am more worried about Arsenal being our competion then I am about Chelsea [Chelsea only managed to score one goal against Man Utd while Arsenal beat them 3-1 withtout any problems]

If we want to challenge Arsenal's title we need to get the players we need, fast. When we do play Arsenal or any other club for that matter,possesion of the ball is important. One mistake and we might let a goal in, so LFC has a lot of work to do.

For once you make an Excellent point!

This is what Ive been saying all along. BUt the likes of Stu the red thinks you can just give Danny Murphy and Diouf and other Ex players there a "magic" team talk and they will become better players! Without any changes

Im relying on Rafa to bring in these players, but we do need them quick.
72-1090627431

Postby madred » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:17 pm

Yeah id agree with that KOP 1892. Thats why i was gutted to see Danny go. Granted he wasnt the most spectacular player but you could see he loved the club and gave everything.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:25 pm

Joe aged 92 in row 7 of the kop loved LFC too, and gave all his pension money to watch murphys dyer performances
72-1090627431

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:28 am

Hustlers Revenge wrote:
A.B. wrote:After watching the Arsenal-Everton game, Arsenal seemed very sharp but they did play Everton so I can't give them too much credit . As we all know, Liverpool is magic and Everton is tragic.

For once you make an Excellent point!

This is what Ive been saying all along. BUt the likes of Stu the red thinks you can just give Danny Murphy and Diouf and other Ex players there a "magic" team talk and they will become better players! Without any changes

Im relying on Rafa to bring in these players, but we do need them quick.

He loved the club that much he left and then slated choices that the club had made, he was just bitter because he wasn't good enough  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:30 am

madred wrote:Yeah id agree with that KOP 1892. Thats why i was gutted to see Danny go. Granted he wasnt the most spectacular player but you could see he loved the club and gave everything.

Oppsss, this is the quote I meant to use  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:33 pm

We can do fine without Owen, I have already moved on pretty quick even though I thought it was going to take a long time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion