Racism

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:30 am

So quite a few players decided not to wear the Kick It Out T-shirts.

We know why, and yet nobody has come out and said it. Even now its like they are scared to say why they boycotted it. Each player who boycotted the shirt have given one reason or another, but not one of them have touched on the reason why. Fine, ok, i'll say what we all know.

JOHN TERRY.

His ban was as biased, as lenient as you can get. Even the BBC website, despite reporting all the upsets, refuse to say why. But they do drop hints by insisting on printing the fact that Terry got a 4 game ban while Suarez got 8.

The players who held the grievance have a fear of speaking what is on their mind. Why dont they just come out and say it? The punishment John Terry got stinks. I have read the excuses, that Suarez referred to Evras colour more than once while Terry only said it once. Bull. I dont buy it. And so it would appear to be the case with the Ferdinands and other black players.

What is this hold that John Terry has over the FA? Is it because he is English? Is it because he represent English football? Is it because he was England captain?

I dont know, but the fact that many have a grievance with racism, and yet nobody is coming out and saying exactly what they have a problem with, is, for me at least, raising more questions about our footballing authorites than ever.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 am

Kharhaz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 am wrote:So quite a few players decided not to wear the Kick It Out T-shirts.

We know why, and yet nobody has come out and said it. Even now its like they are scared to say why they boycotted it. Each player who boycotted the shirt have given one reason or another, but not one of them have touched on the reason why. Fine, ok, i'll say what we all know.

JOHN TERRY.

His ban was as biased, as lenient as you can get. Even the BBC website, despite reporting all the upsets, refuse to say why. But they do drop hints by insisting on printing the fact that Terry got a 4 game ban while Suarez got 8.

The players who held the grievance have a fear of speaking what is on their mind. Why dont they just come out and say it? The punishment John Terry got stinks. I have read the excuses, that Suarez referred to Evras colour more than once while Terry only said it once. Bull. I dont buy it. And so it would appear to be the case with the Ferdinands and other black players.

What is this hold that John Terry has over the FA? Is it because he is English? Is it because he represent English football? Is it because he was England captain?

I dont know, but the fact that many have a grievance with racism, and yet nobody is coming out and saying exactly what they have a problem with, is, for me at least, raising more questions about our footballing authorites than ever.

Storm in a tea cup if you ask me. Everyone should grow up.

FIFA and UEFA have much bigger racism problems in other parts of Europe, English football is no-where near that bad.

Yes the FA are imbalanced, but lets move on i reckon.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 am

FIFA and UEFA have much bigger racism problems in other parts of Europe, English football is no-where near that bad.

I think your right about this. How Serbia and eastern bloc countries can still get away with monkey chants beggars belief. It's another example of the weakness and toothlessness of FIFA and UEFA. Such blatant racism would not be tolerated in the UK. However I think the FA and PFA have responsibilities to highlight this and stand up to it, instead of quietly tolerating it, thats simply is not good enough. I admire the players for making it clear to footballs governing bodies that racism of any kind is unacceptable in modern football. There is no question that more can be done.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:50 pm

fivecups » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:58 am wrote:

I think your right about this. How Serbia and eastern bloc countries can still get away with monkey chants beggars belief. It's another example of the weakness and toothlessness of FIFA and UEFA. Such blatant racism would not be tolerated in the UK. However I think the FA and PFA have responsibilities to highlight this and stand up to it, instead of quietly tolerating it, thats simply is not good enough. I admire the players for making it clear to footballs governing bodies that racism of any kind is unacceptable in modern football. There is no question that more can be done.

agree with you. I was not trying to suggest it should ever be accepted (just in case readers assume that).

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:03 pm

fair play to the players who protested by not wearing the tee shirts.
the F.A made a balls of the terry case and made an absolute joke of the whole campaign in the process so i wouldnt blame them at all.
Kudos to rio as well for standing his ground and making whiskey nose eat up his words :laugh: .thats not easily done.
some of the players and coaches have been banned by the serbian fa for a year and proper order but its up to fifa to punish them further with a ban from competition as it isnt the first time they have been in this situation.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm

People need to get over racism. Some people are racists, get over it. As Mark Hughes says 'racism will never be eradicated from football or society', so why bother trying to stamp it out? As John Barnes says, just because racism doesn't exists on the terraces in the same fashion as it did when he was playing doesn't mean there aren't racists sitting in the stands does it? All a racist has to do is keep his mouth shut at a match and then he can go home and being as racist as he wants.

This Kick it Out nonsense is a complete waste of time and money because it will never work.
Boxscarf

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Get over Racism ?!?

Well you should print T Shirts with that .
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:11 am

Boxscarf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:50 pm wrote:People need to get over racism. Some people are racists, get over it. As Mark Hughes says 'racism will never be eradicated from football or society', so why bother trying to stamp it out? As John Barnes says, just because racism doesn't exists on the terraces in the same fashion as it did when he was playing doesn't mean there aren't racists sitting in the stands does it? All a racist has to do is keep his mouth shut at a match and then he can go home and being as racist as he wants.

This Kick it Out nonsense is a complete waste of time and money because it will never work.

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:22 am

Boxscarf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm wrote:People need to get over racism. Some people are racists, get over it. As Mark Hughes says 'racism will never be eradicated from football or society', so why bother trying to stamp it out? As John Barnes says, just because racism doesn't exists on the terraces in the same fashion as it did when he was playing doesn't mean there aren't racists sitting in the stands does it? All a racist has to do is keep his mouth shut at a match and then he can go home and being as racist as he wants.

You sound like you are about 14 years old?
Eagle

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 am

Boxscarf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm wrote:People need to get over racism. Some people are racists, get over it. As Mark Hughes says 'racism will never be eradicated from football or society', so why bother trying to stamp it out? As John Barnes says, just because racism doesn't exists on the terraces in the same fashion as it did when he was playing doesn't mean there aren't racists sitting in the stands does it? All a racist has to do is keep his mouth shut at a match and then he can go home and being as racist as he wants.

Your ignorance is why campaigns like Kick it Out exist.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:46 am

babu » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 am wrote:
Kharhaz » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 am wrote:So quite a few players decided not to wear the Kick It Out T-shirts.

JOHN TERRY.

Storm in a tea cup if you ask me. Everyone should grow up.

Yes the FA are imbalanced, but lets move on i reckon.

Fair enough, but my point isnt about UEFA or FIFA, its about our own game, and the grievance that is with our FA. I disagree with the move on comment as well. Our FA is corrupt as f*ck, and this latest Terry incident is giving the FA the attention it doesnt want. So no, lets not move on, this FA is corrupt, and it needs changing.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:30 am

It's all getting a bit OTT if you ask me. The Terry verdict stinks and doesn't reconcile with the Suarez decision and the FA have shown themselves up and left them open to criticism. This idea of a black players association is only going to create more division imo
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 am

Boxscarf » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:50 pm wrote:People need to get over racism. Some people are racists, get over it. As Mark Hughes says 'racism will never be eradicated from football or society', so why bother trying to stamp it out? As John Barnes says, just because racism doesn't exists on the terraces in the same fashion as it did when he was playing doesn't mean there aren't racists sitting in the stands does it? All a racist has to do is keep his mouth shut at a match and then he can go home and being as racist as he wants.

i disagree, you can't have players like john terry being caught on camera saying 'black c*nt' and it going unpunished. It sends a message to kids watching that it is an acceptable thing to say.

You may never kick racism out of society or football completely but you can send a message that it is unacceptable.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:52 am

Possibly the most disappointing post I've ever seen in the forum.

Racists rarely keep their gob shut when they know they can get away with spouting their venom.

If we all had your attitude ie
People need to get over racism. Some people are racists, get over it.

Europe may now be part of Hitlers Third Riech, Nelson Mandela would still be in prison and black people in South Africa would still be little more than "serfs".

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:31 pm

People need to get over racism.

That's a stupid thing to say.

Some people are racists, get over it. As Mark Hughes says 'racism will never be eradicated from football or society', so why bother trying to stamp it out? As John Barnes says, just because racism doesn't exists on the terraces in the same fashion as it did when he was playing doesn't mean there aren't racists sitting in the stands does it? All a racist has to do is keep his mouth shut at a match and then he can go home and being as racist as he wants.

You've answered (topics issue) the problem because as you quite rightly say racism will never be eradicated from society. However, if a racist keeps his mouth shut that's the best you'll get out of this situation. I know many including the thought police on here would have you arrested for having racist views in your head even though you've kept them to yourself, but until reading people's minds becomes a possibility, unfortunately for them they won't be able to arrest anyone. Failing that though is the next best thing, suppressing one's racist views from public opinion, this doesn't mean it cannot controversially be discussed but if the absence of pure vitriol and abuse is suppressed that's the best you are going to get.

This specific Ferdinand/Terry case is boring now, Terry is a k.unt and so is Rio in my view. I mean, where was the hysteria when Rio called Ashley Cole a choc-ice? Until the phenomenon of racism is treated with formal equity as opposed to substantial equity then I think all morals and laws regarding it are as farcical as the notion that; 'John Terry is a stand-up geezer, the epitome of a true English gent, whom will never cheat on his best mate with his best mates girlfriend'.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion