Premier league transfers 2010/11

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:49 am

WIth this mornings announcement of Man City capturing David Silva, I thought I'd start a topic for anyone who wishes to discuss other clubs transfers – who they think will be a good buy, who’s a waste of money. 

Below are the main ones for the big clubs so far:

ARSENAL
Maroune Chamakh - Free
Laurent Koscielny - £10m

CHELSEA
Yossi Benayoun - £5m
Ramires - £18m

MANCHESTER CITY
Jérôme Boateng  - £10.5m
David Silva - £21m
Yaya Toure - £27.5m
Aleksandar Kolarov - £16m
Mario Balotelli - £22.5m
James Milner - £18m + Stephen Ireland

MANCHESTER UNITED
Javier Hernandez - £8m
Chris Smalling - £10m
Bebe - £7.4m

TOTTENHAM
Sandro - £9m
Last edited by Redman in wales on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:13 pm

wasn't Smalling £10m?

Cant believe City are gonna sign Silva. I heard £25m, they must be paying him quite a bit to give up CL football and go to a club that hasnt won anything for 35 years
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:32 pm

also this was on SSN:

Fulham youngster Christopher Buchtmann has returned to Germany to join Cologne on a three-year contract. - So our promising youngster didn't settle there either.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:46 pm

I thought Silva was 21 million?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:59 am

Surely you can add for us -

Shelvy
Jovanovic
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Surely you can add for us -

Shelvy
Jovanovic

this thread is for other clubs transfers. hence why its in this section of the forum. There's already loadsa threads for our signings, etc. This one's primarily for the other premier league clubs.....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:07 am

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: NOT A TRANFER EVEN JUST WALKED OUT  :laugh:

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/England-U21-starlet-Dan-Gosling-walks-out-of-Everton-for-nothing-after-amazing-admin-error
-Exclusive-article517849.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news....49.html[/url]

Lets :censored: them off even more and go in for him
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:37 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: NOT A TRANFER EVEN JUST WALKED OUT  :laugh:

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/England-U21-starlet-Dan-Gosling-walks-out-of-Everton-for-nothing-after-amazing-admin-error

-Exclusive-article517849.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news....49.html[/url]

Lets :censored: them off even more and go in for him

Just saw that on SSN, cant get the smile off my face  :D

Should Roy make him a cheeky offer?
burjennio

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:52 pm

The result is a bitter blow for cash-conscious Everton who will be bitter about the outcome :laugh:

apparently Miroslav was/is very Klose to joining West Ham.  LINK!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm

supposedly a hot prospect that Gosling, or am I thinking of Rodwell?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:48 pm

Rodwell is the better of the two .
Benny The Noon

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:43 am

Thierry Henry signs for MLS side New York Red Bulls from Barcelona

The New York Red Bulls have signed Thierry Henry from Barcelona on a "multi-year contract".

14 Jul 2010

Telegraph Sport first broke the news that Henry would be joining the Red Bulls back in March.

The 32-year-old former Arsenal captain moved to the Nou Camp in 2007 and had one year remaining on his Barca contract, but the club agreed last month that he could leave.

Iniesta desperate for Fabregas move to Barca "Red Bull New York announced today that it has signed star French forward Thierry Henry to a multi-year contract as its second designated player," the club said today in a statement on their website.

He is expected to make his debut on July 22 against Tottenham at Red Bull Arena.

The statement continued: "Henry, a World Cup, European Championship and Uefa Champions League winner, will be available for selection for New York pending receipt of his international transfer certificate and after the July 15 international transfer window.

"His debut for the Red Bulls is expected to be on July 22 against English Premiership club, Tottenham Hotspur, in the Barclays New York Challenge at Red Bull Arena."

Henry will be introduced at a press conference on Thursday at Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey at 1315 local time (1815 BST).

The Frenchman is relishing the challenge ahead.

"This marks an exciting new chapter in my career and life," said Henry.

"It is an honour to play for the New York Red Bulls. I am fully aware of the team's history and my sole goal during my time here is to help win the club its first championship.

"Knowing Red Bull's significant commitment to soccer locally and internationally, I am confident that my team-mates and I will succeed."

Erik Soler, Red Bull New York general manager and sporting director, was equally thrilled with the acquisition.

"Thierry is not only a world-class player who will undoubtedly improve our squad, but he has shown most importantly throughout his career that he is a winner," said Soler.

"He has made it clear to us that he is committed in the short and long term to help in our vision of making our organisation the premium franchise in Major League Soccer."

Dietmar Beiersdorfer, head of Red Bull Global Soccer, added: "It is without question that Thierry Henry is one of the most successful and recognisable soccer players over the past 15 years.

"We are thrilled that Thierry has decided to come to New York to help the Red Bulls compete for championships this year and for years to come. His international pedigree is second to none and he is a proven winner."

Henry, who has scored a national record 51 goals in 123 appearances for France, competed at his fourth World Cup last summer but was unable to prevent Les Bleus crashing out in the group stage in South Africa.

He started his career with Monaco in 1994 and then had a short spell with Juventus in 1999 before being reunited with his former Monaco coach Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.

Wenger transformed Henry's career by switching him from a winger to a striker and reaped the dividends over the next eight years as the player helped Arsenal to two league titles and three FA Cups, and he became the club's all-time record goalscorer.

He moved to Barcelona three years ago and was top scorer at the Nou Camp in his first season and was an integral part of the squad that clinched six trophies in 2008/09 under rookie coach Pep Guardiola.

His first-team opportunities were limited last term, however, and outgoing president Joan Laporta confirmed in May he would be allowed to leave if he wished to do so.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

updated
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Rodwell is the better of the two .

Surely you mean the more bitter of the two!

Isn't Gosling just one of the many kids bitters walk around with hard ons over and turn out to be sh 1te. Can't see Rodwell staying put too much longer if he is as good as some claim.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:33 pm

Manchester United have signed Vitoria Guimaraes striker Tiago Manuel Dias Correia, better known as Bebe, subject to a medical, the Barclays Premier League club have announced.

Personal terms have been agreed with the 20-year-old and he will move to Old Trafford for an undisclosed fee.

The Portuguese forward had also been closely linked with Jose Mourinho's Real Madrid but he will join fellow new signing Javier Hernandez as Sir Alex Ferguson bolsters the Red Devils' forward line.

Bebe made a name for himself at Vitoria after joining from Estrela da Amadora and, despite his tender years, has a strong physical presence as well as technical aptitude, vision and good passing skills.

7.4 million?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion