Nicky butt

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Brian Lord » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:25 pm

Speculation is mounting that Nicky Butt is on the brink of sealing a move away from Manchester United, with Liverpool in pole position to land the England international.

Butt suffered the agony of missing out on Euro 2004 after injuring his knee in training during the tournament, but his place had already been taken by Frank Lampard at that stage after a season spent largely on the periphery at Old Trafford.

Although it will be a wrench to leave United for the 29-year-old, he grew increasingly frustrated at being overlooked in favour of the likes of Phil Neville and Darren Fletcher, and asked for a transfer earlier this year.

Birmingham City and Middlesbrough were keen on Butt but United's valuation of the player and his own terms were not met and he remained in Manchester, watching from the bench as The Red Devils won the FA Cup against Millwall.

Liverpool are willing to pay around £14 million for the defensive midfielder. Old Trafford chief executive David Gill has already revealed there are likely to be several outgoings from the club, contrary to what Sir Alex Ferguson has stated.

Butt will lead the exodus, which is expected to include Diego Forlan and possibly even Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, if buyers can be found.

The question will then be whether Ferguson sticks with his senior summer captures of Liam Miller, Alan Smith and Gabriel Heinze or goes for a bigger name addition to his squad - perhaps Everton's teen sensation Wayne Rooney.
Brian Lord

Postby fivecups » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:30 pm

14 million!!!!!

Your havin a laugh!

What's your source?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:34 pm

you must be taking the p#ss. if we want to go past likes of manure we need to sign players who are better than what they've got, not players who can't get in their side.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:35 pm

cheesey havin' a laugh using one of his pseudonyms.Be careful he is also using mustapha parp,today
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Mustapha Parp » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:36 pm

why you call  my name in jester :D
Mustapha Parp

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:37 pm

supersub wrote:cheesey havin' a laugh using one of his pseudonyms.Be careful he is also using mustapha parp,today

ah I always thought Cheesy was Brian Lord, because when me and Cheesy were arch rivals, Brian Lord started slagging me off and lets face it that wouldnt happen everyone on here loves me :D
116-1065305004

Postby Mustapha Parp » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:37 pm

chester  :D
Mustapha Parp

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:39 pm

Leeds :D
116-1065305004

Postby Brian Lord » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:40 pm

fivecups wrote:14 million!!!!!

Your havin a laugh!

What's your source?

What??? thats cheap these days
Brian Lord

Postby 116-1065305004 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:42 pm

Bristol :D
116-1065305004

Postby The retrun of beavis » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:43 pm

Brian Lord wrote:
fivecups wrote:14 million!!!!!

Your havin a laugh!

What's your source?

What??? thats cheap these days

anyone like a dance?
Im f##king hilarious me!

The Sensei of Wit

The 2004 Big Brother

'I am that funny that a lot of the time I crack myself up'

President of the Beavis Crew
The retrun of beavis

Postby blind » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Brian Lord wrote:Speculation is mounting that Nicky Butt is on the brink of sealing a move away from Manchester United, with Liverpool in pole position to land the England international.

Butt suffered the agony of missing out on Euro 2004 after injuring his knee in training during the tournament, but his place had already been taken by Frank Lampard at that stage after a season spent largely on the periphery at Old Trafford.

Although it will be a wrench to leave United for the 29-year-old, he grew increasingly frustrated at being overlooked in favour of the likes of Phil Neville and Darren Fletcher, and asked for a transfer earlier this year.

Birmingham City and Middlesbrough were keen on Butt but United's valuation of the player and his own terms were not met and he remained in Manchester, watching from the bench as The Red Devils won the FA Cup against Millwall.

Liverpool are willing to pay around £14 million for the defensive midfielder. Old Trafford chief executive David Gill has already revealed there are likely to be several outgoings from the club, contrary to what Sir Alex Ferguson has stated.

Butt will lead the exodus, which is expected to include Diego Forlan and possibly even Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, if buyers can be found.

The question will then be whether Ferguson sticks with his senior summer captures of Liam Miller, Alan Smith and Gabriel Heinze or goes for a bigger name addition to his squad - perhaps Everton's teen sensation Wayne Rooney.

ok in side which comic did you find that gem and seeing as he is only valued at about £4-5 million and that he is expected to go to Middleborough. The rest of the story seemed quite plausable seeing as you have only just escaped from the Asylum. :D
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The retrun of beavis » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:46 pm

blind wrote:
Brian Lord wrote:Speculation is mounting that Nicky Butt is on the brink of sealing a move away from Manchester United, with Liverpool in pole position to land the England international.

ok in side which comic did you find that gem and seeing as he is only valued at about £4-5 million and that he is expected to go to Middleborough. The rest of the story seemed quite plausable seeing as you have only just escaped from the Asylum. :D

yeah i wrote it sorry
Im f##king hilarious me!

The Sensei of Wit

The 2004 Big Brother

'I am that funny that a lot of the time I crack myself up'

President of the Beavis Crew
The retrun of beavis

Postby madred » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:10 pm

Nicky Butt might be coming to merseyside but it wont be to the red half and it will be for 13 million less i reckon!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:05 pm

Butt is maybe worth £ 2 mio. But what can he offer? Next to nothing.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion