News from the weekend

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kindaconfused » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:14 am

Did anyone see Sky Saturday morning with Sven E and some other Scottish manager (?)and they discussed zonal marking.

The scotsman explained zonal marking and they showed Liverpool defending in Athens letting the goal. The point I'm trying to make is that Sven was asked his opinion on the technical aspect and he hadn't a clue.

The scotsman explained that some teams use a combination, zonal at the back and man marking at the front. The zonal is to just protect the area in front of you, if the ball goes over the head of the defender in front then its his ball.

The concensus (if yer can count Svens mumbles) was that man marking was the way forward.

I think the issue that concerned me was Sven's lack of ideas on tactical issues and when the questions continued on technical issues he didn't answer them, very worrying indead.

Alan Hansen

Has said today that there is no way LFC are gonna be a challenge for this season as they are too far off the mark but on a positive note he did say the player transfer market was in the doldrums which means cheaper players.

Houlier

Admits in the news today that some of his purchases have not been good and the reason given was their inability to adapt to the English game!
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:10 am

lol never seen it but i seem some of goals on sunday and when not kamara the other guys asked him about the players not talking to the media he doddged the question. but even i know more about zonal marking may i should be england manger :D  but i know sven dnt no about the techincal side of football
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:39 pm

Yeah the scotsman and the swede spoke well and the ......oooh  wots his name mmm
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:43 pm

:D now ya know why he calls himself kindaconfused. i dont think even he knows what he's going on about half the time. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kindaconfused » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:33 pm

stmichael

Half time or full time :D

Yer right of course and next time I'll get the begining but do you think it detracts from the contents of whats being said? :cool:
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:49 pm

I saw the Sven interview !!
Wow !! the man is not capable of holding an intelligent conversation about tactic's. I have wondered about his coaching skills for a while, but he sure revealed a lack of willingness to engage in a technical discussion that most contributors to this forum would have given him chapter and verse.
I am convinced that the man is a fraud, don't know how he has ever coached a club side. All I can think is that Tord Grip is the real knowledge and Sven just the 'mouth piece'!!  Fancy a bit of Oral Sven ? :laugh:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:35 pm

REdrider

He did know where to park the coach though :D
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:47 pm

I'll bet he always sits on the back seat with the girls !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:58 pm

They did say that zonal marking is only really for set pieces not open play some peeps get confused with that.

You can also use 4 at the back zonal and 4 players playing man to man in the front which is used a lot.

England use the man to man and both managers preferred the man to man.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion