Matchresult - Result

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:07 am

well reds we played well and i look forward to u coming to my city liverpool second home in CARDIFF if we play like that 4 the rest of the season we'll b ok
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby Owzat » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:33 am

We'll come up against better defences than Newcastle's this year. I can't help but feel we were a little lucky, Shearer was pretty quiet
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:48 pm

we can go all the way in the f.a cup this year
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby SCOUSER9 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:03 am

i dont see why not....we can go all the way to turn this season around if we wanted to.
SCOUSER9

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:13 pm

We're always in with a shout in either domestic cup, but in truth any Premiership side can win it. I know they were building up the Man City vs Tottenham game but they reckoned both sides have a good chance. I guess any side has a chance while they are still in it..........

:D ??? :;):
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:53 am

Liverpool usually do well in the cups (worthington, FA, Carling, UEFA etc.) so I think we're in with a good chance, especially as Chelsea and Arsenal play each other.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby sunburntred » Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:41 pm

To do well in the Cup is only masking the real problem that have separated us from the Mancs and the Gunners. We have to get our act together and put some points in the end collumn and some distance between us and the likes of Charlton, Newcastle and Fulham. Get into the Champions League and put some greenstuff into the coffers and build for next season and make our priority to topple the top two, not just content to be also rans again.
Let's face it at the moment we are not good enough to challenge for the title we have to many substandard players putting on the Glorious Red shirt. Clear them out and put some quality in the team. All this cr#p about Heskey could be the best striker in Europe, and Biscan could be the best defender in Europe, this kind of talk makes me cringe, they have had long enough. GET RID while we can.
sunburntred

Postby greenred » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:05 pm

The worst compliment we can pay liverpool is that they are a good cup side,they said that about spurs years ago and look at them.Second rate clubs are good cup sides and second rate players raise themselves only when its a televised cup match.We need a decent run of form in the league,the rest is just bullsh#t.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:18 pm

Even Everton have lifted a trophy in the last decade! I think becoming a good cup side is a bad thing, it distracts you from the league and relieves pressure from the manager when he probably deserves the sack for poor league form. We already play too many games a season, if you are successful it means more games and maybe manu have the right idea by fielding weakened sides. If you go out so be it, if not you've rested key players and given other players chances. I don;t advocate this policy as fans pay good money and don'd want to see reserves, but there are too many competitions to realistically play your 1st XI every game and compete in two or more competitions
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion