Liverpool fan's fantasy league - Join the rafalutoin

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:20 pm

It doesn't matter where the players play across the midfield so you could go for 5 wingers if you liked! 

BUT

"Squads must consist of:

2 Goalkeepers
5 Defenders
5 Midfielders
3 Forwards
You can select up to 3 players from any one team. If a player is transferred during the season and this transfer takes you over this limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

Each player has been given a value. The total value of your initial squad must not exceed 100 million. The value of each player can be found here.

Formations
From your 15 player-squad you select 11 players to form your team each Gameweek. Only starting or automatically substituted players will earn points for your team. Your team can play in any formation providing one goalkeeper and at least three defenders and one forward are selected.

To change your formation simply select your chosen eleven players on the My Team page. The computer will automatically chose your formation based on the players you have selected.

Players can only play in their designated position. For example, you can't play a defender as an attacker.

Captains
You must nominate a member of your team to be captain. This player will score double the number of points he would usually have been awarded that Gameweek. You can change your captain at any time, though the change will not take affect until the next deadline.

If your captain does not play then the bonus will be lost. Another player will not take over the captaincy in his place. "

:bowdown

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:21 pm

Also

Scoring
During the season, the fantasy football players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in the matches. Only official Barclays Premiership games are included.

The Points will be calculated using data provided to us by the Press Association. Neither we nor the Press Association will enter into any correspondence relating to the allocation of points to players. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of this data.

Action Points
For playing in a game 1
For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
For each goal scored by your goalkeeper or defenders 6
For each goal scored by your midfielders 5
For each goal scored by your forwards 4
For each goal assist 3
For your goalkeeper / defender conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
For your midfielder conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
For every 3 saves made by your goalkeeper 1
For every penalty save 5
For every penalty miss -2
Bonus points based on Actim Index 1-3
For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
For every yellow card -1
For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3

Assists
First Assists
These are awarded to a team-mate making the last pass before a goal is scored. If an own goal is scored there is no assist.

If a goalkeeper does not have control of the ball and parries a shot or drops a cross or the ball rebounds off the woodwork, the attacking player shooting or crossing the ball receives the assist if a goal directly ensues.

In the event of a penalty, the player earning the penalty gets an assist if the it is successfully scored, but not if he takes it himself in which case no assist is given. No assist is given for a player who earns a free kick that subsequently results in a goal.

No assist is given to a player who simply touches the ball sideways from a free kick, or to the penalty taker when penalties are saved or come back off the woodwork before a goal is scored.
An assist is only given if the pass from the free kick enhances the opportunity to score.

Also, if during a pass to a team-mate that results in a goal, an opposing player significantly alters the speed or direction of the ball, then no assist is given.

Second Assists
If an additional player makes a significant contribution before a goal is scored, then that player is awarded a second assist. This would involve having a major influence in the move either directly before or after the first assist.

:bowdown

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redcard » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:23 pm

no it doesn't matter...
so far we have 11 players...it would be so cool if we had 20, we can pretend the top 4 will qual. for the champions league while the next 3 for the uefa cup and the bottom 3 relegation..haha
Redcard

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:25 pm

ARRRGGGHHH! They made me register my old squad and it sucks. I made one up a week ago and forgot about it, and now I have to stick with it and it is Sh!te. :angry:
Should be a laugh though. :laugh:
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pie » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:17 am

im signed up, Pie United.:p should be INTRESTING!!!
Good Things Come To Those Who..........Wait

Steven Gerrard         Rafa Benitez 
The Great Escape & The Italien Job
Pie

Postby RedRoots » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:04 pm

I'm in as Pat Bateman and my team are the Crazy Horses, just one day to go now!!!!! Jesus i'm so excited.
RedRoots

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion