HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:01 pm

The call of the sea was too great, I suppose. :D

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:14 pm

total bottle job, will he ever work again? Would anyone want him?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:30 pm

:laugh:

:censored:, the going got tough and he jumped ship.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:47 pm

i actually agree with that knobhead dumphy on this one. keane might have been an excellent player and is without a doubt a smart guy, he just doesn't seem cut out for management. or at least not at the moment. if he's going to be the next manager of man united like a lot of people predict then ferguson is going to have to hang on well into senility while keane learns the skills in the lower leagues.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:27 pm

£80m spent to be bottom three, it's no great surprise. He did better without money to waste, perhaps the players he started with were better than, or not much worse, the ones he has now...................... :D

Then again he's not the first Sunderland manager to do well, have higher things expected and be gone - Chimp and McCarthy both did well did they not?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Ha Ha
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:06 pm

dawson99 wrote:total bottle job, will he ever work again? Would anyone want him?

Echoed.
JamCar05

Postby tonyeh » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:13 pm

I've never liked Keane, I have to say. He was a great player for Utd and not bad as a manager for Sunderland whne they were in the Championship, but he's a dispicable person too it seems. He had some every good qualities, but they were overshadowed by an incredible petulance and a genuine nasty streak, which was fully exposed in his assualt on Alf Inge Haaland at the beginning of the decade. A good player perhaps, but a dirty player nonetheless.

Keane walking out on Sunderland when the heat got turned up is just another indication of his petulant attitude AFAIC.

Can't hack a bit of hardship...so walk away. I can't imagine there are too many players at Sunderland sorry to see hil go anyway.
tonyeh

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 pm

he took over a side in the relegation zone in the Championship and ended up winning the league, did he not? Still a successful stint at the helm.
JoeTerp

Postby Big Niall » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:37 pm

Best midfielder in premiership history but a rubbish manager. I have no sympathy for him since the Haaland cowardly assault. I hope to see him signing on down the local dole office.

Wasted loads of money too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:54 pm

tonyeh wrote:I've never liked Keane, I have to say. He was a great player for Utd and not bad as a manager for Sunderland whne they were in the Championship, but he's a dispicable person too it seems. He had some every good qualities, but they were overshadowed by an incredible petulance and a genuine nasty streak, which was fully exposed in his assualt on Alf Inge Haaland at the beginning of the decade. A good player perhaps, but a dirty player nonetheless.

Keane walking out on Sunderland when the heat got turned up is just another indication of his petulant attitude AFAIC.

Can't hack a bit of hardship...so walk away. I can't imagine there are too many players at Sunderland sorry to see hil go anyway.

This'll get me hated on here no doub, but I secretly admired him as a manager cos again I think he reminds me of old school british football management and work ethics. I agree he could be shocking on the pitch at the time he was playing, but he was never caught up in the spice boy age and he seemed to be instilling that into his team too.

I actually think that he is a guy who sees only black and white and is actually very morale, probably way too hard on himself and a real jekyll and hyde character when it comes to self confidence.

I feel most for niall quinn who actually seemed to be approaching the building of a club around his manager and making the partnership that most managers would die for.

Still Fergies boy though and I won't be surprised to see him as part of the coaching staff for Man U before the season is out.
Homebooby

Postby Reg » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:05 pm

He looks like a U-Boat captain during the war, except U-Boat capatins had more bottle.

W@nker.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:00 pm

Total cop out from Keane,Quinn wanted him to stay.
He was all full of himself when things were good.It has to be said he done a fantastic job getting them from where they were when he took over into the Prem.

Saying that his "tough guy" image is shot to sh'it IMO.Any dirty :censored: can make bad tackles on a pitch,you dont need to be hard to do that...just a bad kunt with no respect for fellow pro's.The real Roy Keane has been shown today..no balls,bailed out when the going got tough..gutless!
:nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:14 am

Feel a bit sorry for Niall Quinn who I think is one of the top blokes in football.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion