Derby (65)
Wolves (61)
Sheff Utd (60)
Middlesbrough (60)
Birmingham (56)
Nottingham Forest (56)
MASTER

Postby MASTER » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:14 am

I don't pretend to have done this research myself. It has come via Martin Tyler at Skysports: http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12038_5913982,00.html

I posted this as there is always talk of "history" and this kind of gives a different insight to it.
Of course, I am aware some of you already knew the general stats for longest teams in the top-flight. It is mainly for those who accuse certain teams in Blue of having no "history".
Not wishing to start arguments, just came across it.
MASTER

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 am

Bla Bla

Everton first club to have blue gravel YAWN........

Everton first club to play under lights YAWN........

we dont care what the redside say

Well you and the rest of them obviously do by posting this up, we dont give a shite.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:38 am

"Research", I could have told you that, how many times each team has finished in what position blah blah blah as I have all the top flight tables in one neat spreadsheet.

Does being in the top flight mean a team has more "history" than a team that spent less? Or perhaps that stat is supposed to prove the bitters have more "history".................................... "meaningless" is the word you should have used, not "useless". Man Utd got relegated in the 70s, does that mean any team that's been in the top flight longer has more "history" and is a "bigger club" ?!?!?! Notts Forest have won more European Cups than most of the teams above them.

The "no history" jibe is always a cheap shot which is rubbish anyway, every club has "history". Number of seasons in the top flight proves nothing, has a player who plays 30 times at Wimbledon and never gets past the first round more "history" than Federer if Federer plays less times?!?! Number of appearances in a competition is meaningless.

mods - if this doesn't belong in the garbage it does at least belong somewhere else. A thread purely to defend the bitters is a waste of a thread, if you could move it to somewhere that cares then do so but I'm sure it isn't possible to move it over to a BS forum
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MASTER » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:38 am

Ciggy wrote:Bla Bla

Everton first club to have blue gravel YAWN........

Everton first club to play under lights YAWN........

we dont care what the redside say

Well you and the rest of them obviously do by posting this up, we dont give a shite.

Yep, I should have said: "Moyes is better than Rafa!"
Then you might have justification, the team I was talking about was Chelsea, not Everton. They are accused by 90% of LFC fans of having no history, but they have 75 years in the Top Flight. But Leeds United, "a sleeping giant", don't make the top 20........
Still, nothing like a good lie to cover the truth, right?

Just a minor point, why can't you give Everton a break?
They at least are run like a business, where as LFC is run by a Dictator and 2 monkeys. I know which I prefer.
MASTER

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:43 am

MASTER wrote:Yep, I should have said: "Moyes is better than Rafa!"
Then you might have justification, the team I was talking about was Chelsea, not Everton. They are accused by 90% of LFC fans of having no history, but they have 75 years in the Top Flight. But Leeds United, "a sleeping giant", don't make the top 20........
Still, nothing like a good lie to cover the truth, right?

Just a minor point, why can't you give Everton a break?
They at least are run like a business, where as LFC is run by a Dictator and 2 monkeys. I know which I prefer.

Post it on a mongrel forum we dont give a shite. OBSESSED !!!!!
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:55 am

MASTER wrote:Then you might have justification, the team I was talking about was Chelsea, not Everton. They are accused by 90% of LFC fans of having no history, but they have 75 years in the Top Flight.

Well funnily enough you mention a blue in a Liverpool forum with a side that plays in blue at the top of a pile of numbers and expect us to conclude you were talking about CHELSEA out of the blue. They're midway down that list, have won what three league titles of which two were bought, have a massive 12 domestic trophies overall and HALF of those are in the RA era.

You need to make yourself clearer, although the thread remains just as pointless. I nearly mentioned Chelsea in my reply, but it's a pointless thread and debate, as if people who do say they have no history would stop saying it just because of this thread.

Mods should/will move this somewhere, the bin might be the best destination. It's not generating discussion, you're trying to lecture us and not even about our own club ffs

Oh and don't make up statistics (the 90% one), if you truly care for statistics don't give the knockers ammunition
Last edited by Owzat on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MASTER » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:00 am

Owzat wrote:
MASTER wrote:Then you might have justification, the team I was talking about was Chelsea, not Everton. They are accused by 90% of LFC fans of having no history, but they have 75 years in the Top Flight.

Well funnily enough you mention a blue in a Liverpool forum with a side that plays in blue at the top of a pile of numbers and expect us to conclude you were talking about CHELSEA out of the blue. They're midway down that list, have won what three league titles of which two were bought, have a massive 12 domestic trophies overall and HALF of those are in the RA era.

You need to make yourself clearer, although the thread remains just as pointless. I nearly mentioned Chelsea in my reply, but it's a pointless thread and debate, as if people who do say they have no history would stop saying it just because of this thread.

Mods should/will move this somewhere, the bin might be the best destination. It's not generating discussion, you're trying to lecture us and not even about our own club ffs

Oh and don't make up statistics (the 90% one), if you truly care for statistics don't give the knockers ammunition

Just for the sake of argument, neutrals could suggest that other than a brilliant 30 year run, LFC are playing to their level.
After all, if Bill Shankly had gone a bit further down the M62 and arrived at Old Trafford, would anyone care about LFC?
Just a minor point.
I am not lecturing, just offering an alternate viewpoint.
The purpose of "General Discussion" is to get everyone's thoughts, not just yours.
MASTER

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:06 am

Your profile says your names Wayne from Salford, then you post useless info about the bitters and Chelsea  ???

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MASTER » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 am

Hmmmmmm.................Perception like that you could be a politician..........no wonder LFC gets such stereotypes..........You ever heard of a Neutral?
Someone who is not particularly bothered about any particular club?
Oh, yeah I forgot.........to enjoy football, it must be a life and death issue.........ludicrous............
MASTER

Postby made in UK » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:54 am

"Research", I could have told you that, how many times each team has finished in what position blah blah blah as I have all the top flight tables in one neat spreadsheet

:laugh:

You sad gi.t.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion