I'm sorry but i have to say this............ - I think we are going the way of seria a

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby eds » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:32 pm

Yes, shame on me for watching those Scumchester clowns last night but I am very very dis-illusioned this morning!

To watch that despicable gimp Owen put the ball in the back of the net was one thing, but to do it in such a manner where the neutral world was asking how 4 minutes became 6 is another on a completely different level? ??? 

A few years ago I use to follow Seria A quite a lot and in particular Inter Milan (because of Zamarano). All of this changed when I was watching a game between Juventus and Inter. A particular incident which saw Ronaldo (yes the fat one, when he wasn't so fat) chopped down in the box and a blantent penalty not given could have been passed off as a "referee's mistake" but then only 30 seconds, a Del Piero "swan dive" at the other end resulting in disgraceful penalty made me see this league for what it truly was........ Corrupt!

From that moment on, my love of the game sunk a little bit and as I could not follow Inter anymore, I knew the league was "destined" to go the way of Juventus. They went on to win that year.      :no

I talked about it a great lengths with a number of people, but everyone brushed it off as, "ah that's just football". "Happens ALL the time". I didn't care what other people thought, I hated Seria A and despised Juventus and their bull.sh.it.

But then the most remarkable thing happened.

The lies, bureucracy and double standards was exposed. Juventus, Milan and their croonies were all sent packing after explosive proceedings rocked the football world. My faith in my assumptions was redeemed, this was not football, it was crime that had been exposed and (lightly) punished. God how I loved it when we creamed those black and white fu.cks a few years ago on our way to winning number 5!

Anyway I digress, last night for me was a wake up call. Seeing Manure get as much time to score a "winner" at the hands of ridiculous "officials" is and should be held as a farce. My head sunk as I saw Mark Hughes pushing and shoving Wiley after that last minute call, my heart felt the same as that Inter vs Juventus game when I saw that whiskey nose drongo laughing and jumping around with Wiley as they both "celebrated" that goal.

The question I ask myself now, is how can the mighty 'pool compete with that level of bull. :censored: bias and unfairness???
I thought that the Premier League would never go the way of Seria A, but slowly it is, as much as Juventus' record breaking titles have now come into question, the same must be asked of Manure's titles.

But I am sure, just like a few years ago, once again my pleas will fall on deaf.  :down: 
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Bammo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:59 pm

Utd have always got dubious extra minutes and decisions when they need it. It's nothing new.

Italian football was corrupt to the core and finally got found out. It'll never be that bad here (although some dodgy stuff takes place - Matt Le Tissier and his throw ins :D )
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:22 pm

I think that's why if I was the manager of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Man City I'd be getting stuck in right now. The whole of football can see that the City extra time situation is bullsh!t, and unless the FA do something the integrity of the Premier League, the goose which annually lays many golden eggs is in danger. I'd be ramping it up,keeping it on the front and back pages as I asked questions of occialdom, producing figures on how many goals they score after the 90 is up, how many goals scored against them are disallowed, how many penalties they get given at Old Trafford etc etc.

Play it right and they'd be sh!t scared to give them anything. Tell you what if Mourinho was still in England he'd be all over it like a rash.

On the subject of Mourinho, I remember after one of his more dispicable episodes at Barcelona where his gamesmanship led to the eventual retirement of Anders Frisk thinking that whatever happened, Chelsea would not be allowed to win the Champions League that year. Somewhere along the line fate/referees would connspire against them to put them out. As it happened, it was in the guise of a Luis Garcia goal that the stake was put through their hearts, but the same situation could apply to Man Utd here. Put the right type of pressure on (and rewind 20 years what do you think Ferguson would be giving it if we were the ones always getting favours) and there ought to be no way the Mancs can make if four from four.

Nor should they either. They aren't a great team, they are ugly, and they are cheating c...s
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:50 pm

bigmick wrote:I think that's why if I was the manager of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Man City I'd be getting stuck in right now. The whole of football can see that the City extra time situation is bullsh!t, and unless the FA do something the integrity of the Premier League, the goose which annually lays many golden eggs is in danger. I'd be ramping it up,keeping it on the front and back pages as I asked questions of occialdom, producing figures on how many goals they score after the 90 is up, how many goals scored against them are disallowed, how many penalties they get given at Old Trafford etc etc.

Play it right and they'd be sh!t scared to give them anything. Tell you what if Mourinho was still in England he'd be all over it like a rash.

On the subject of Mourinho, I remember after one of his more dispicable episodes at Barcelona where his gamesmanship led to the eventual retirement of Anders Frisk thinking that whatever happened, Chelsea would not be allowed to win the Champions League that year. Somewhere along the line fate/referees would connspire against them to put them out. As it happened, it was in the guise of a Luis Garcia goal that the stake was put through their hearts, but the same situation could apply to Man Utd here. Put the right type of pressure on (and rewind 20 years what do you think Ferguson would be giving it if we were the ones always getting favours) and there ought to be no way the Mancs can make if four from four.

Nor should they either. They aren't a great team, they are ugly, and they are cheating c...s

United aren't the team to worry about this year Mick.  Chelsea will take some stopping from what I've seen.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:56 pm

After the Renault Formula 1 incident with the comments that business and sport dont mix I believe anythingdisasteful is possible.

ManUre are so in debt they cant afford NOT to win the league and results like to today and the way they are won are highly suspect.

Imagine at work....  fella has a big house, fancy car and many holidays. He's then found to be on the take... no one's surprised because all the signs were there werent they? Well all Ure's signs are there arent they?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 am

john craig wrote:
bigmick wrote:I think that's why if I was the manager of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Man City I'd be getting stuck in right now. The whole of football can see that the City extra time situation is bullsh!t, and unless the FA do something the integrity of the Premier League, the goose which annually lays many golden eggs is in danger. I'd be ramping it up,keeping it on the front and back pages as I asked questions of occialdom, producing figures on how many goals they score after the 90 is up, how many goals scored against them are disallowed, how many penalties they get given at Old Trafford etc etc.

United aren't the team to worry about this year Mick.  Chelsea will take some stopping from what I've seen.

I'm pretty worried about the pair of them to be honest John
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Richj » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:19 pm

I was watching a Prem years from the mid 90's the other day and forgot what manager it was but he was saying yes United are prob the best team in the league at the moment but do they get a stupid amount of decisions go their way - Yes!.
This thing has been going on for so long now it's just a joke, It's not like it's every now and again with them it's every other game.
Do not know how it's still going on there has to be back handers involved.
Richj

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:19 pm

I got a kick out of how they tried to justify the 6 minutes on the review show.  They said that Bellamy's celebration added another minute and the sub another 30 seconds blah blah blah.  Why not just call a spade a spade.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Richj » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:38 pm

I also don't get why Mark Lawrenson was there defending it as well, Why don't any of them on TV have anything to say about it!
Richj

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:44 pm

BBC.

So there it is. The FA living up to their name. Bellamy will not be punished, as if he was punished then United would have to be punished also for allowing a fan to get onto the pitch in the first place. So thats out of the question. Also coin throwing is overlooked. Despite it hitting a player nothings done. And of Neville. He goads the away supporters inciting trouble and gets a slap on the wrist, Adebayor gets a 3 match ban.

Unbelievable.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:37 pm

On the subject of the added on time, i dont even recall an injury in the second half of that game to warrant 4 minutes in the first place.
The fact that the referee ended up playing 6 and a half was a disgrace and it was clearly a lets play until they score situation.
Andy Gray in the last word touched on the explanation from the ref about adding 55 second extra for the Bellamy goal celebration. Saying why arent all goal celebrations added on then ?
That is a very valid point. The fact is it happens too often for this to just be a mistake.

What has bothered me most is not much has been said about it.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:49 pm

As a die hard ABU I have been following this interesting phenomenen for years, and read countless accusations of conspiracy. Unfortunatley, I can conclude that there is no conspiracy involved.

Conspiracy is exactly that - a group of people conspiring for or against one particular team, event individual or group.

If that had happened amongst the PL, I truely believe that the bookies would have rumbled it by now - as was the case in Italy. Unless they are involved themselves, but I cannot see how that would be in such cicumstances.

In reality I think what has happened is that, with the increase in popularity of both the Premier League and easily accessible profit hungry media, we are witnessing natural human reactions to this.

A great example is last night. Had we been playing Man Utd or Chelsea - both teams played up by the media as being 'the teams to beat' etc etc there is no chance we would have seen the Beckford goal dissallowed. When a ref (or lino) is faced with a decision such as this, his natural reaction will be surprise that Leeds - a team way below us - have scored, and within 16 minutes to boot. Thus he will question that event far more than had it been a Man Utd goal, or a Chelsea goal.

Same occurs with Man Utd and 90 minutes. A ref will naturally be very surprised if it gets to 90 minutes and Utd are losing - so he will therefore be more likely to question his own time keeping, and then add a minute or so 'just to be sure'.
Yossi_Benaloon

Return to Premiership - General Discussion