Gordon strachan - Bound for leeds utd?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:48 pm

Reports have it that Leeds Utd are discussing compensation with Southampton for Gordon Strachan. Is this a wise move since they seem to be paying off old managers and now paying off former clubs for manager? WIll Strachan be able to save Leeds Utd with no funds and offers for Smith, Viduka and any other players worth buying always tempting given their current financial crisis? There was speculation by Alan Hansen that a package deal paying a lump sum for saving Leeds could be offered - can't see anyone doing the job for nothing only to be paid IF they save the club from relegation!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:26 pm

Owzat wrote:Reports have it that Leeds Utd are discussing compensation with Southampton for Gordon Strachan. Is this a wise move since they seem to be paying off old managers and now paying off former clubs for manager? WIll Strachan be able to save Leeds Utd with no funds and offers for Smith, Viduka and any other players worth buying always tempting given their current financial crisis? There was speculation by Alan Hansen that a package deal paying a lump sum for saving Leeds could be offered - can't see anyone doing the job for nothing only to be paid IF they save the club from relegation!

I hope the Yorkshire ba#ta#ds go down!
Strachan is a ginger t#s#er who used to play for Manchester United!
116-1065305004

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:35 pm

And also played for Leeds Utd. I think Leeds will go bankrupt if they go down, they have little left to sell and it wouldn't cover what they owe. Their players will get picked off by the vultures at low prices and it would be a shame to see them go down. Silly gamble really, only two clubs in the Premiership have had Champions League football consistently
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Fri Nov 21, 2003 6:55 pm

we are amongst the vultures as we got kewell for the price of heskeys left leg.theres no sympathy in football any more.not when it comes to cold hard cash.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:01 pm

greenred wrote:we are amongst the vultures as we got kewell for the price of heskeys left leg.theres no sympathy in football any more.not when it comes to cold hard cash.

quite right I wouldnt mind Alan Smith at Liverpool he is a player who gives his all despite what anyone says about him.
116-1065305004

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:09 pm

Some will say Heskey gives his all. Smith scores less goals than he receives bookings, something we definitely don't need. Viduka might be a better prospect up front, there isn't much else worth buying bar perhaps Robinson
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:22 pm

Owzat wrote:Some will say Heskey gives his all. Smith scores less goals than he receives bookings, something we definitely don't need. Viduka might be a better prospect up front, there isn't much else worth buying bar perhaps Robinson

Robinson,Viduka & Smith would be great signings, I quite liked Dacourt as well before he joined AS Roma even if he used to play for Everton.
116-1065305004

Postby Owzat » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:48 pm

Have you seen Smith's record? He scores about a goal every FOUR games and has more bookings than Premiership goals - and that's just counting the yellows! Robinson doesn't look quite the prospect he did, I reckon we should be shopping for bigger and better players rather than looking for bargains though......
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:19 pm

Owzat wrote:Reports have it that Leeds Utd are discussing compensation with Southampton for Gordon Strachan. Is this a wise move since they seem to be paying off old managers and now paying off former clubs for manager? WIll Strachan be able to save Leeds Utd with no funds and offers for Smith, Viduka and any other players worth buying always tempting given their current financial crisis? There was speculation by Alan Hansen that a package deal paying a lump sum for saving Leeds could be offered - can't see anyone doing the job for nothing only to be paid IF they save the club from relegation!

shut the f##k up ,

are you a ginger minger too?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:24 pm

Isn't there a manc site you could go to? I thought this would be one site where I wouldn't end up exchanging words with some manc muppet
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:32 am

I like cheesy,ill get that out of the way first.
I stuck up for him when he announced his recent abdication.
But its just too easy to slag everyone off when you remain  below the parapet yourself.
cheesy, announce your allegiance.
or lose respect.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:22 pm

greenred wrote:I like cheesy,ill get that out of the way first.
I stuck up for him when he announced his recent abdication.
But its just too easy to slag everyone off when you remain above the parapet yourself.
cheesy, announce your allegiance.
or lose respect.

Hi Greenred,
I could not help but notice on your profile that you are from Dublin, just wondering is it a good place to go for a holiday because me and a few mates are thinking of going in March but a lot of people tell me its too much like Liverpool, where are the best places to visit and the best bars to drink in?
116-1065305004

Postby greenred » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:00 pm

hiya beavis,dublin is a lot like liverpool in many ways.you and your mates will be well looked after.most of the popular pubs and clubs are in temple bar right in the middle of the city.judging by your musical taste you should visit a pub called bruxelles in harry st just off grafton st.theres a seperate bar downstairs filled with bikers that plays all that hard rock stuff you like.that is my favourite place along with hogans in georges st.In fact you should avoid temple bar altogether as its full of other english lads on the p#ss and walk up towards georges st,wicklow st and chatham st where you can meet the locals.the city centre pubs usually open till 1.30am at the weekend.I dont know much about the nightclubs as I havent been to one in a couple of years but despite what any well meaning dubliner may say,avoid a place called the george.Its full of mincers.Ive heard theres always a bunch of innocent english lads wandering around searching for the exit.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1065305004 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:43 am

greenred wrote:hiya beavis,dublin is a lot like liverpool in many ways.you and your mates will be well looked after.most of the popular pubs and clubs are in temple bar right in the middle of the city.judging by your musical taste you should visit a pub called bruxelles in harry st just off grafton st.theres a seperate bar downstairs filled with bikers that plays all that hard rock stuff you like.that is my favourite place along with hogans in georges st.In fact you should avoid temple bar altogether as its full of other english lads on the p#ss and walk up towards georges st,wicklow st and chatham st where you can meet the locals.the city centre pubs usually open till 1.30am at the weekend.I dont know much about the nightclubs as I havent been to one in a couple of years but despite what any well meaning dubliner may say,avoid a place called the george.Its full of mincers.Ive heard theres always a bunch of innocent english lads wandering around searching for the exit.

Thanks mate much appreciated!
116-1065305004

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:44 pm

Strachan for Liverpool!

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion