Frank - Quedrue

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kopite » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:19 am

We have been linked with boro's Quedrue what do you think of him .
kopite

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:41 am

.........Don't want him
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:01 am

is everyone going to start a thread on every single player we have been linked with ffs?

Mods, maybe you should lock a thread at the top of the page, like "all transfer speculation here" or something.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:48 am

Hes a good player for Boro and would be a decent squad player here but im sure there are better options available that are within our price range if we decide to sign a left back.  And having said that left back is definately not the first position that needs to be strengthened
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:49 am

I don't think we really need a left back.

But I really rate this guy, he definitely can play at a higher level. He is a competent defender, gets forward well, good passer and crosser, and can also take free kicks. He is very good player and if Rafa wants to buy a left back, then I would be happy if he came.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:16 pm

Just Found This on The LFC Website:

Liverpool and Paris Saint Germain are both understood to be keeping tabs on Middlesbrough defender Franck Queudrue, who admits a move to another club could bolster his international ambitions. 

The enigmatic full back has been one of Boro's best players this season and he has been a consistent performer since arriving at the club from Lens in 2001.

He spent a season on loan at The Riverside but he became an instant hit with the fans and manager Steve McClaren paid £2.5 million for his services.

He has since developed into one of the most consistent left backs in England and this has not gone un-noticed both home and abroad, with interest coming from Anfield and Parc des Princes.

Queudrue, who was recently wanted by Ireland, has international aspirations but he has thus far been ignored by France and this is an obvious concern to him.

"Playing in a club with more media coverage could help me catch the French team coach's eyes," said the 26-year-old.

"He only goes and watches the big teams with the big players."
French Frank, as he is collectively known by the Boro faithful, says he is happy on Teesside but would consider an 'attractive' offer.

"I feel at ease at Middlesbrough. But we will think about if attractive offers come," he told But!

"I have no real propositions, but recently I heard about Liverpool's and Paris Saint Germain's interest.

"That is rumours and my agent has not received a call.

"I don't know Liverpool very well, I should ask information from Djimi Traore or Bruno Cheyrou.

"I know Paris a little more. I was born in that town and I would not dislike a comeback to France, above all if clubs like PSG show an interest."

Queudrue's agent Gregory Dakad insists that nothing is in the offing for his client.

"He is playing well and he has attracted interest, but that is natural," he told skysports.com.

"For the time being he is doing well and is happy, but we are hoping to have talks over a longer deal at some time in the near future."

Queudrue signed a new deal last year and has three years left on his current contract.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:30 pm

Not good enough for this club. :p
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:38 pm

i think warnock, riise and traore can all do as good a job as him. i dont think that position is a priority at the moment.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:41 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i think warnock, riise and traore can all do as good a job as him. i dont think that position is a priority at the moment.

I think he's pretty slow, wouldn't be keen on him
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:50 pm

I think he's a decent player, comfortable on the ball (unlike Traore) and can defend, plus he knows the premiership.  At the right  price he could be a good buy, but it depends  on the fee.
Red Indian

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:09 pm

i think the only fee we should look at him for

is free or cheaper :p
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby kullinger » Sat May 14, 2005 8:23 pm

I think we shall try to buy sergio Ramos instead of Frank because his talent is huge :;):
kullinger

Postby kullinger » Sat May 14, 2005 8:26 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i think warnock, riise and traore can all do as good a job as him. i dont think that position is a priority at the moment.

totally agree!!
kullinger

Postby Dalglish » Mon May 16, 2005 1:07 am

:D

Put away your loyalty's to what we have at present and admit he's better than any of these !
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion