Eduardo

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Fauxy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Fauxy

Postby Fauxy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:22 pm

edit
Fauxy

Postby mart » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:40 pm

Its a joke. How many divers get away with it, and then you punish eduardo basically for attracting too much media attention.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Arsene Wenger anger at dive verdict likely to grow

No plans to use video evidence on regular basis

Uefa has risked antagonising Arsenal further by confirming that there are no plans to institute a regular programme of video referral for matches under its jurisdiction or issue an anti-diving directive in the light of the Eduardo da Silva controversy.

The Croatia striker has been suspended for two Champions League matches for deliberately deceiving the referee in last week's play-off round, second-leg victory over Celtic. Arsenal are preparing an appeal.

Arsenal have accused Uefa of presiding over a random and arbitrary disciplinary system — some at the club believe that they have been deliberately targeted — but European football’s governing body insists that the truth is more prosaic.

Uefa remains extremely wary of video evidence because it fears that it could compromise the authority of the referee and will only use it in cases where it believes there has been a clear breach of article 10 (1c), which governs deliberate attempts to deceive a referee.

That Eduardo is the first player to have been charged after a club match since the regulation was introduced in 2006 confirms Uefa’s reluctance to get involved in such matters, even if it will increase Arsenal’s sense of injustice. Arsenal appear to have been unfortunate victims of a series of coincidences — an alleged dive missed by the referee in a high-profile televised match that was followed by immediate and vocal complaints from the wronged party, in this case Celtic backed by the Scottish FA.

Article 10 (1c), which was introduced by Uefa as a consequence of the furore that followed Rivaldo’s feigning antics when playing for Brazil in the 2002 World Cup, exists to punish the worst offenders, but there is no appetite at Uefa to mount a wholesale campaign against diving through the retrospective use of video technology.

Uefa will act only in cases where a referee has been clearly conned, because it believes that more regular involvement could undermine the official’s authority.

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, warned last week that in the light of Eduardo being charged, every single decision made by officials could be open to challenge, although such a prediction is unlikely to come to pass because Uefa remains opposed to the greater use of video replays.

Instead, it has formulated a system of two additional referees to rule on goalline and penalty decisions at each end of the pitch. This is being given a trial in the Europa League this season with a view to being introduced into the Champions League from next season. Wenger is a strong advocate of video technology and will be furious at what he perceives to be Uefa’s lack of consistency.

The Arsenal manager was given some good news yesterday, though, when Nicklas Bendtner and Denilson committed their futures to the club.

The pair, both 21, have signed new five-year contracts after developing into important members of Arsenal’s squad in the past two seasons.

Theo Walcott, Robin van Persie, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere and Kieran Gibbs signed long-term deals at the Emirates Stadium this summer as Wenger reaffirmed his commitment to youth, with Thomas Vermaelen the club’s only significant acquisition.

“Nicklas has impressed me highly with his application and determination over the last season, you can see that he wants to compete at the highest level and win things with his team-mates,” Wenger said. “He scored a number of important goals for us last season and he will look to replicate that again this year. I am very pleased that he will be part of the team for years to come.

“Denilson’s contribution to the club last season was outstanding. His workrate really was exceptional and it is valuable to have players that we know will perform to the very last minute in such a demanding league.”

--------------

Quite funny really. I was half expecting some half decent plan from UEFA to keep it fair across the board. lol
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Julio-0 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:50 pm

mart wrote:Its a joke. How many divers get away with it, and then you punish eduardo basically for attracting too much media attention.

i agree :bowdown
Julio-0

Postby tubby » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 pm

Well they had to start with someone and a high profile game like a CL game was good as it get's everyone attention. But people need to remember everyone now is trying to take a moral high ground even when it's not needed.

Against Bolton Fernando had to put up with a barrage of abuse from Knight and Davis who claimed he was diving when he wasn't even looking for a penalty in the first place.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:14 pm

Number 9 wrote:No excuse for the dive but it was nothing worse than something Ronaldo or Drogba got away with unpunished loads of times for a few seasons!
A dive is a dive,to me its cheating and I hate it...even when our own players do it!

I dont see the difference in whether the dive is in the C/L or the EPL or Bundesliga or wherever,it may be.They should not be dealt with severely in the C/L and practically deemed part of the game in the EPL ,there needs to be a consistency throughout football.
Make it simple,if a Ref is sure that a player has dived to try and gain a penalty,it should be a straight red card!
Once the divers see that refs are serious and the red card being implemented a few times they will stay on their feet

top post mate, i for one say it's long overdue an if Arsenal feel hard done by -fecking tough, he won't do it again in a hurry & hopefully will send the message out loud an clear to every club around the world, diving is cheating an cheats should never prosper!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:Well they had to start with someone and a high profile game like a CL game was good as it get's everyone attention. But people need to remember everyone now is trying to take a moral high ground even when it's not needed.

Against Bolton Fernando had to put up with a barrage of abuse from Knight and Davis who claimed he was diving when he wasn't even looking for a penalty in the first place.

was a dive though so the penalty could have been given regardless of whether he claimed it to be one or not...

Thing is, anyone who plays footie knows that if you're always tackled hard (especially if you dribble in tight spaces), you're likely to dive every now and then to avoid the contact without losing the advantage... Think too much is being made out of the whole thing... Didnt mind the occasional yellow card here and there for the glaringly obvious dives but the 2 match ban was undeserved imo...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:55 pm

aCe' wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Well they had to start with someone and a high profile game like a CL game was good as it get's everyone attention. But people need to remember everyone now is trying to take a moral high ground even when it's not needed.

was a dive though so the penalty could have been given regardless of whether he claimed it to be one or not...

Thing is, anyone who plays footie knows that if you're always tackled hard (especially if you dribble in tight spaces), you're likely to dive every now and then to avoid the contact without losing the advantage... Think too much is being made out of the whole thing... Didnt mind the occasional yellow card here and there for the glaringly obvious dives but the 2 match ban was undeserved imo...

thing is mate, diving is totally diffeent to a keeper or defender commiting a foul in the penalty box, cause that can lead to a red card for it, to stop the oppo from scoring a goal -fair enough, but a player diving to get a penalty an there for decieving the ref to gain anunfair advantenge/goal scoring oppotunity etc,  isn't that the same thing!  now i'm not saying celtic would of won the tie over the 2 legs as it was more or less done in the first leg with the 2 away goals.

but who's to say otherwise, up untill the penalty celtic still had a glimer of hope, but that dive was un-acceptable end of. it was fecking cheating- he decieved the ref etc, he knew what he was doing an for me it's fecking long over due, but what really p1sses me off is the fact that fecking whisky nose has come out an said - he agree's diving is wrong an should be punished etc - you fecking tw@t what about ron & shrek then! theyv'e been doing it for years an nothing has been done.  :veryangry

as long as this descision carry's consistancy all well an good,cause this hopefully will rid the game of w@nkes like this of such an act.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:56 am

redhayesy wrote:but what really p1sses me off is the fact that fecking whisky nose has come out an said - he agree's diving is wrong an should be punished etc - you fecking tw@t what about ron & shrek then! theyv'e been doing it for years an nothing has been done.

Right. Its the hypocrisy that gets under my skin also. But the old tw@t has made the noises at the right time. Take Ronaldo out of the team and dives are reduced by 90% also he is getting on the right side by agreeing with the punishment. I also want this diving punishment continued throughout the competition but like so many, I also think its a crusade against stopping english clubs doing well in europe. How come when Real Madrid spend big nothing is mentioned, but if Man City do it becomes an issue. The whole thing stinks, how long before we are punished for some lame reason or another to be made an example?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:22 am

redhayesy wrote:
aCe' wrote:

thing is mate, diving is totally diffeent to a keeper or defender commiting a foul in the penalty box, cause that can lead to a red card for it, to stop the oppo from scoring a goal -fair enough, but a player diving to get a penalty an there for decieving the ref to gain anunfair advantenge/goal scoring oppotunity etc,  isn't that the same thing!  now i'm not saying celtic would of won the tie over the 2 legs as it was more or less done in the first leg with the 2 away goals.

but who's to say otherwise, up untill the penalty celtic still had a glimer of hope, but that dive was un-acceptable end of. it was fecking cheating- he decieved the ref etc, he knew what he was doing an for me it's fecking long over due, but what really p1sses me off is the fact that fecking whisky nose has come out an said - he agree's diving is wrong an should be punished etc - you fecking tw@t what about ron & shrek then! theyv'e been doing it for years an nothing has been done.  :veryangry

as long as this descision carry's consistancy all well an good,cause this hopefully will rid the game of w@nkes like this of such an act.

Yeah it was a dive,no one will deny that but the fact that it was live on TV all over Europe embelished it and gave them a chance to ripple the waves!
At a time when its clear for all to see that the powers that be in UEFA have major difficulties in accepting that English clubs are dominating Europe it was a perfect chance to try and throw some sort of handicap.Much as i dont like Chelsea,their punishment was equally OTT and basically bitter!

In my opinion Platini and his mates are the most pathetic and corrupt idiots that football has ever seen.They just wont stop in their relentless pursuit,trying to belittle English football because its superior than the rest.The fact that Spurs and City are looking good annoys them more.Its nailed on that one of our top 4 will be in the CL final,its nailed on that spurs and city will be a force in the uefa cup next year!

Fuc'kin disgrace,they cant take it,wimpy :censored:...No wonder Hitler dominated western Europe so easily...bunch of fuc'kin faggots are more concerned with us than having any pride in themselves!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:15 am

...yet Rooney's recent dive and not a word
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:39 am

I wonder if you would have said the same if it was Stevie G that was banned for two matches. Pretty much all players dive, though some more than others.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:01 pm

Rooney dives shedloads, they all do.. its a mockery what that drunken tw@t said anyways...

but it does need to be stamped out, our boys do it too mucha s well
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:48 am

rooney is an utter t0sser Daws

feckin fat, ugly horrrible bitter Manc granny shaggin t0sser
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion