Clarke Carlisle, what a *****.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 am

From the BBC:

Professional Footballers' Association chairman Clarke Carlisle does not believe Ashley Young is a diver but says players need to be more honest.
Manchester United winger Young has been criticised for going down too easily against Aston Villa and QPR, earning penalties on both occasions.
But Carlisle, who was Young's team-mate at Watford, said: "I wouldn't say he is or has been prone to falling over.
"He is quick and slight so it doesn't take much contact to make him go over."
Carlisle did not see the latest incident at Old Trafford on Sunday, where Young fell despite minimal contact from Villa defender Ciaran Clark.The England forward was criticised by Newcastle defender Ryan Taylor on Twitter and even Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted that Young went down "quite easily" to earn the seventh-minute spot-kick in his side's 4-0 victory.
The incident came a week after Young drew a penalty from QPR midfielder Shaun Derry when he fell after being pushed in the box.
Carlisle added: "The players' responsibilities are to be as honest as they possibly can but they also need protection from the referees to give the free-kicks or penalties when infringements occur."
And he believes English football would benefit if retrospective action were taken against "blatant" cases of diving, such as Andy Carroll's fall against Newcastle, although the Liverpool forward was booked by referee Martin Atkinson at the time.
In Scotland, Rangers midfielder Sone Aluko received a two-match ban for simulation following a 2-1 win over Dunfermline.
Northampton Town defender Carlisle said: "I'd like to see what the outcomes are over the course of the season [and] whether it was considered successful because there are very much grey areas.
"Like in the Ashley Young-Shaun Derry incident, there was contact, so it depends what the parameters are."If you are trying to judge whether there is sufficient contact, that's so hard to tell. Even in slow-motion replays you can't judge whether the contact on Ashley Young was enough to send him over. All you can see is that there was contact.
"If it was for blatant cases like [Liverpool's] Andy Carroll against Newcastle, where there was no contact whatsoever and he went down then yes, I think it would be good.
"Anything we can do to stamp diving out the game is progress, but you would have to establish the parameters and the protocol for reporting and investigating.
"We want an honest game and we want our players to give a good example to the young guys watching because everything we do on a Saturday is replicated by the kids on a Sunday morning.
"We don't want to breed a generation of young players who are actively looking to win free-kicks and penalties by diving."

Does this guy know his ***** from his elbow? Or is it he just likes to get in a dig at every opportunity at Liverpool?
He is trying to moralise cheating. If you feel the slightest contact then yeah, go down, thats fine, otherwise, its cheating. The guys an idiot.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:15 am

Kharhaz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:30 am wrote:From the BBC:

Professional Footballers' Association chairman Clarke Carlisle does not believe Ashley Young is a diver but says players need to be more honest.
Manchester United winger Young has been criticised for going down too easily against Aston Villa and QPR, earning penalties on both occasions.
But Carlisle, who was Young's team-mate at Watford, said: "I wouldn't say he is or has been prone to falling over.
Carlisle did not see the latest incident at Old Trafford on Sunday, where Young fell despite minimal contact from Villa defender Ciaran Clark.The England forward was criticised by Newcastle defender Ryan Taylor on Twitter and even Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admitted that Young went down "quite easily" to earn the seventh-minute spot-kick in his side's 4-0 victory.
The incident came a week after Young drew a penalty from QPR midfielder Shaun Derry when he fell after being pushed in the box.
Carlisle added: "The players' responsibilities are to be as honest as they possibly can but they also need protection from the referees to give the free-kicks or penalties when infringements occur."
And he believes English football would benefit if retrospective action were taken against "blatant" cases of diving, such as Andy Carroll's fall against Newcastle, although the Liverpool forward was booked by referee Martin Atkinson at the time.
In Scotland, Rangers midfielder Sone Aluko received a two-match ban for simulation following a 2-1 win over Dunfermline.
Northampton Town defender Carlisle said: "I'd like to see what the outcomes are over the course of the season [and] whether it was considered successful because there are very much grey areas.
"Like in the Ashley Young-Shaun Derry incident, there was contact, so it depends what the parameters are."If you are trying to judge whether there is sufficient contact, that's so hard to tell. Even in slow-motion replays you can't judge whether the contact on Ashley Young was enough to send him over. All you can see is that there was contact.
"If it was for blatant cases like [Liverpool's] Andy Carroll against Newcastle, where there was no contact whatsoever and he went down then yes, I think it would be good.
"Anything we can do to stamp diving out the game is progress, but you would have to establish the parameters and the protocol for reporting and investigating.
"We want an honest game and we want our players to give a good example to the young guys watching because everything we do on a Saturday is replicated by the kids on a Sunday morning.
"We don't want to breed a generation of young players who are actively looking to win free-kicks and penalties by diving."

Does this guy know his ***** from his elbow? Or is it he just likes to get in a dig at every opportunity at Liverpool?
He is trying to moralise cheating. If you feel the slightest contact then yeah, go down, thats fine, otherwise, its cheating. The guys an idiot.

Is he D___C in disguise?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Kharhaz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 am wrote:From the BBC:

ladies and gentlemen i give you clark carlisle professional idiot.
carroll was guilty of it against newcastle and young is guilty of the same offence 2 weeks in a row and for this tool to try and suggest it was anything other than a dive is total Bo!!ox.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Carlisle is a former leeds player and alcholic...which says it all really
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CraigBedworth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm

He really is clueless. I really enjoyed his 'input' into the Luis Saurez 'racism' incident too.

Not much going on upstairs with him.
Bill Shankly : "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win"
CraigBedworth
LFC Basic Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 pm

foreign player dives- it's a disgrace and needs to be stamped out the game.

english player dives- it's wrong but it's ok as everybody does it.
honestly i've heard so much garbage from commentators, ex-players and pundits on this issue. if i hear the phrase "there was contact" as justification for players going down i'll scream. it's a contact sport ffs. contact in the area does not always constitute a foul. ferguson says the defender "shouldn't dangle a leg". he didn't even do that. his leg was planted and he was pulling it away. young was looking for contact and already looking at the ref before he hit the deck. it was embarassing.

if this was suarez in the last two weeks he'd be driven out the country. i'd have like to have seen that tw@t from sky asking young if he dived like he did with tevez. but then again one's foreign and the other is english and plays for united. the hypocrisy is staggering.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Anyone heard one of the comentators saying that when foreign players come into england they teach english players to dive? you couldn't make that up :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:42 pm

metalhead » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:58 pm wrote:Anyone heard one of the comentators saying that when foreign players come into england they teach english players to dive? you couldn't make that up :laugh:

Well what they always like to say is that "on the continent it may be acceptable but in the premier league it's not... "
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:14 am

unsurprisingly, this tw@t along with gordon taylor have crawled out from under their rocks to defend convicted rapist ched evans' inclusion in the league one team of the year. according to taylor it was "a football decision not a moral one". so basically there's no morals in football now? of course he wasn't saying that over the suarez affair was he? honestly the hypocrisy of this buffoon beggars belief.

he defends a convicted rapist and yet slaughters a foreigner like suarez who was never found guilty of anything in a court of law. priceless.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion