Berger/pompey

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby kennys mate » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:15 pm

living in the south pompey are the local team,having seen berger play for pompey at exeter and looking fit and having a good game,has GH,MAYBE BEEN A LITTLE FAST TO SELL.
berger could have been a back up if any injuries came along.
looking forward to playing pompey in oct to show them how the big boys play.
p.s. pompey fans are still bitter at losing the F.A.cup semi-final in 92.
and still think they out sung the kop in the league cup in 1980!!!!!!.
how do you think pompey will fair this season.  :
kennys mate

Postby gaz31 » Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:10 pm

AS I LIVE IN SOUTHAMPTON I WILL HAVE TO SAY THEY WILL NOT DO AS WELL AS THE SAINTS BUT I HAVE ALWAYS RATED PATRICK BERGER AND DONT FEEL HE HAD A FAIR CRACK AT IT AT LIVERPOOL . WHAT SAY YOU :)
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:28 am

I too was a Berger fan and I'm quite sure Redknapp knows he has got a good asset for his team.I wish him well and hope he doesn't get the chance to shoot at our goal when we face Pompey.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:50 am

I was at the Liverpool/Portsmouth League Cup game at Anfield and can definetly confirm Portsmouth did out-sing the Kop that night.Portsmouth had the whole Anfield Road,it was a terrific sight when the teams came out.There was a blanket of ticker tape thrown into the air;In those days of complete Liverpool domination I used to go to the game hoping the opposition would score and in doing so give us a game.That night was no exception.I love seeing the under-dog get a sniff of success.Anyway we still thumped the 'Pompey' 4-1.
FA Cup semi,Highbury:12noon,I think it was.Well that's a joke for a start,kick-off that early when we had to travel to London and Portsmouth just jump on a short train journey.Still found an alehouse that opened early though.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kennys mate » Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:35 am

i also think saints will fair better than pompey, and was also there in 1980.the pompey fans like you said did sing fantastic,and have a great following even now
i just cant help myself having a little dig ,as this is the only response i get when saying how lfc will whips there bums this season.
i would like the thought of all you lfc fans on who should play up front with super michael owen,baros,heskey,and do you think GH will play kewell on the right like he did in germany for half the second half.
kennys mate

Postby HistoryGirl » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:12 pm

i was a Berger fan he was a great player during his first season or two but then he got injured and whenever he was getting back to fitness and recovering from his injury he got injured again and again, i think he really could have been a great player if it had not been for the injuries... shame really, but i hope he does well for Pompey and so far so good  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Justice for the 96

Blog
HistoryGirl
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yexing » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:18 am

Hello,if you are the person who is reading my article,i really want to thank you. Because i am not English .I am chinese.
I am from Hunan China.I love England very much ,but my English is very poor.If you do not mind  I want to be your friend. :p
yexing

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:22 pm

ex players always have a knack of turning the tables on Liverpool.
well done Paddy,you've banged another nail into the manager that dropped you like a stone.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion