Arsenal v prtsmouth - Very bitter

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby big al » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:39 pm

I started to watch the game earlier on and then it suddenly hit me this should be us.  I could'nt sit watching any more which is strange for me.  But I don't really care about Eufa cup I want the FA cup.  Am I wrong?
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby sangy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:24 pm

f##kin doin my head in this match the fans finally stopped singin the gr8 escape tune jeeeeeeeeez
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby sangy » Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:24 pm

Yeh Al i think its peein off a lot of lfc fans right now knowing we shud av been playin but ey it happened
sangy
LFC Super Member

Postby 82-1074641017 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:30 pm

big al wrote:I started to watch the game earlier on and then it suddenly hit me this should be us.  I could'nt sit watching any more which is strange for me.  But I don't really care about Eufa cup I want the FA cup.  Am I wrong?

The way it is now I think the UEFA Cup or FA Cup are both become second rate competitions.
Since UEFA ditched the Cup Winners Cup you only get a UEFA Cup place for winning the FA Cup which has took the spark off it for the bigger clubs.
Maybe it would be a good idea to get a Champions League place for winning the FA Cup it would make the competition a bit more valuable.
Because if I had to pick one out of FA Cup Success(and finish outside the top 4) or Top Four finish(trophyless) I would have to pick the Top Four finish for financial reasons.

Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby Owzat » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:25 am

At least we didn't have to turn out in order to get knocked out. ie the result was a forgone conclusion, we saved ourselves the extra game. Short lived was Pompey's glory, they were thrashed and lucky not to come out of it worse off
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:42 pm

big al wrote:I started to watch the game earlier on and then it suddenly hit me this should be us.  I could'nt sit watching any more which is strange for me.  But I don't really care about Eufa cup I want the FA cup.  Am I wrong?

Be glad it wasn`t you ! I mean, loosing to Pompey - IF you`d won - how on earth could you beat Arsenal ! Be glad you / they avoided the humiliation !
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:21 pm

OK, there was a time when supportors of other teams held their hands up and admitted how good Liverpool were. Now it's time for me to hold up my hand and admit that arseh*les performance was outstanding . I started off hoping for a Portsmouth upset , but in the end I couldn't deny a round of applause for the football Arsenal played.
We have a long way to go.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:21 pm

The Pompey - Arsenal game taught us nothing new about Portsmouth or Arsenal. One team is poor the other is great.
But it did confirm just how far away Liverpool are from becoming the best team in the Premiership.
Arsenal swatted Pompey away like some insignificant fly.
On the other hand, we have played them three times this season and struggled every time - looking decidely second best!
We are closer to the bottom than the top - and if we still see fourth place as a huge success this season - we are sadly out of touch with reality.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:37 pm

oldredeyes wrote:The Pompey - Arsenal game taught us nothing new about Portsmouth or Arsenal. One team is poor the other is great.

It taught me that Arsenal are just beginning to get into their stride. Why am I even bothering with this ?
We are soooooooo far away from playing their level of football.
*****,it's sunday night.........work tomorrow.
:p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kenny`s mate » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:51 pm

i went to the game last night,pompey were outclassed by a side hungry to win.All the a#se players were up for the game,and gave a performence like a liverpool team of old.Wanting to win everyone wanting to score or wanting the ball ,a team quickly breaking away and attacking the other end,this should be liverpool.Steve gerrad is the only true player who wants to win like an a#se side and needs 10 more hard workers around him.the result in midweek was great and hopefully will get more confident from that,but to get back to the a#se level will have to improve 90%.I just hope the a#se dont get to another final,MILLWALL V SUNDERLAND would be a laugh? :p :p :p
kenny`s mate

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:51 am

I want a W*nkchester United vs Arsenal final.

It would be a good game and I do admire Arsenal and Arsene Wenger for the great football they play.

But it would be sweet to watch Arsenal punk out the W*nkchester United team and then watch Dame Alex's face when he sees his whining and b*tching team lose and end this season empty handed.

Then Gary "Mother Sh*t Him Out" Neville will throw another tantrum and Dame Alex will have to change his nappy, and then Patrick Vieira will run up to him and nut him right in his f##king gobsh##e face.

That would be a pretty entertaining FA Cup Final

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

:laugh:
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:03 am

Arsenal gave Portsmouth a real beating. This is just another confirmation of how bad we are this year. Arsenal created more chances in 10 minutes than we did in two games.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:34 am

Arsenal are a very special team who are reaping the rewards from a very good rebuilding job by Mr Wenger over 5 years . He is a better judge of a player than Gh for sure , but there arnt many Arsene Wengers about they dont grow on trees . We should persavere with GH and see if he can get us 4th spot . We have to give him that chance .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:42 am

shilton_red wrote:, but there arnt many Arsene Wengers about they dont grow on trees

Unfortunately managers like GH swing from them.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JohnBull » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:01 pm

The Gunners remind ,very much,me of the Old Liverpool sides where even their average players have to raise their game every time they play. I look at our French imports and dread any further signings by Houllier.
I see that one of our French "loan-outs" scored against Marseille yesterday, would he have done playing for us ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion