Anelka to bolton - Good signing?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby flipmode » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:45 am

So Bolton have signed Anelka, in your opinion good buy or not? After all his rumours to us, Newcastle ect.
ImageImageImageImage
flipmode
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:48 am

Well what is it? 77 million spent on him throughout his career? He could be class again if he was in the right mindset, but i really cant see that happening with frogman allardyce.

so a bad buy if u ask me

watch him geta  hat trick now ive said that)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:52 am

Very good buy. Pacey, an eye for goal, doesn't only score but he sets others up aswell. I still regret the fact that houllier didn't sign him up for us. He doesn't have any problem with adjusting to the premiership because he has played here before. It is not a gamble because he hasn't been in any trouble for years. He is only 27 and his best years are ahead of him. I think 8 million pounds is the right price.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:55 am

apparently their going to make him play on stilts so he will fit in with their style of play.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:02 pm

He's a very good signing and a very cheap signing as well at £8million. He's used to the Premiership and he will score them goals, it's just ashame that someone of Anelka's ability is wasting away at teams like Man City and Bolton.

I regret us not signing him, when we had the chance to.
48-1119859832

Postby coddy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:52 pm

0asis wrote:I regret us not signing him, when we had the chance to.

agreed, he would have solved the problems we had when Mickey O left.
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:36 pm

I think the Bolton board have had to give Sam silly money though as he was showing signs of losing enthusiasm for the job after the FA told him he was crapper than Steve McClaren  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:04 pm

I think it is a reasonably good signing for the trotters. We all know how good Anelka can be and i also wish we'd signed him permenantly when Houllier had the chance. He always said he felt he'd found his perfect home at anfield and he did show signs of it. I doubt Rafa would've entertained him though with his 'sulky' reputation after having Cisse for the past 2 years.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raj_Xedos » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:47 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I think it is a reasonably good signing for the trotters. We all know how good Anelka can be and i also wish we'd signed him permenantly when Houllier had the chance. He always said he felt he'd found his perfect home at anfield and he did show signs of it. I doubt Rafa would've entertained him though with his 'sulky' reputation after having Cisse for the past 2 years.

Houlleir made some important mistakes at his time at anfield. I reckon in this order were his worst.....

3) Signing Djibril Ciise
2) Not signing Anelka
1) Getting rid of The prodigal son......

Thank God Rafa saw sense and bought him back....I still cant believe he's back......

What do you think Houlliers worst mistakes were.  :bowdown
Raj_Xedos

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:58 pm

What do you think Houlliers worst mistakes were

Diouf and Diao - need I say more ?
account deleted by request

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:01 pm

s@int wrote:

yes cheyrou

:D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:03 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
s@int wrote:

yes cheyrou

:D

I will see your Cheyrou, and raise you one Diomede  :D
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:04 pm

Raj_Xedos wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:I think it is a reasonably good signing for the trotters. We all know how good Anelka can be and i also wish we'd signed him permenantly when Houllier had the chance. He always said he felt he'd found his perfect home at anfield and he did show signs of it. I doubt Rafa would've entertained him though with his 'sulky' reputation after having Cisse for the past 2 years.

Houlleir made some important mistakes at his time at anfield. I reckon in this order were his worst.....

3) Signing Djibril Ciise
2) Not signing Anelka
1) Getting rid of The prodigal son......

Thank God Rafa saw sense and bought him back....I still cant believe he's back......

What do you think Houlliers worst mistakes were.  :bowdown

Ged's biggest mistake was refusing to step down after his operation. The fact that he showed fight, commitment and  was stubborn and stayed on for the two extra years, has in many Liverpool fans minds (not mine) over-shadowed the six trophies he won in his six years in charge.
48-1119859832

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:55 am

0asis wrote:Ged's biggest mistake was refusing to step down after his operation. The fact that he showed fight, commitment and  was stubborn and stayed on for the two extra years, has in many Liverpool fans minds (not mine) over-shadowed the six trophies he won in his six years in charge.

Good call and about right in my opinion.

It's so easy to slate Houllier for his last 2 seasons whilst forgetting the achievements in the previous 4  ???

He really did have a great opportunity after the treble winning season , he bought Diouf, Cheyrou and Diao and the rest is history ......... :oops:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:00 am

Back to the topic ....... Anelka is a good signing for Bolton but whether Bolton is a good signing for Anelka is quite another story !

He's fast becoming the journeyman and I think he's so much better than that .....
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion