Is gerrard getting undisciplined?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:48 pm

Following his latest indiscretion with Michael Brown during the Portsmouth game it seems like many people are now questioning the discipline of Steven Gerrard. Even this Premier League football blog reckons incidents against both Wigan and Pompey have shown Gerrard's frustrations, and they have come out as petulance. I think Gerrard cares so much for the club, possibly too much, that it can affect his performances on the pitch when things are not going well at Liverpool. Lets hope he can keep everything under wraps against United - a game with a history of red cards.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm

B'ollox

Brown was putting himself about the entire game, he raised an elbow as he ran across Stevie, what do you want our captain to do ?, pull up and complain ? .

Maybe then someone could start a thread entitled "Is Gerrard trying hard enough ?"

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:29 pm

yep , stevie gave the little c.unt a back hand . Deserved it aswell

And there no action being taken against him.  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:30 pm

to be honest, michael brown has done far far worse to several other players throughout his "career".

nothing but a dirty clogger.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Get in there stevie lad .

Last edited by Igor Zidane on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:yep , stevie gave the little c.unt a back hand . Deserved it aswell

is it confirmed that there will be no action against Stevie? I thought it was pretty cynical of our captain but was there maybe an incident earlier in the game which led to it?
heimdall

Postby Waldo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:15 pm

heimdall wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:yep , stevie gave the little c.unt a back hand . Deserved it aswell

is it confirmed that there will be no action against Stevie? I thought it was pretty cynical of our captain but was there maybe an incident earlier in the game which led to it?

Yes, no action being taken by the FA. Confirmed a short while ago.

He is a lucky lucky guy as he deserved to get done for that challenge last night. Absolutely no need for it. Obviously we don't know what was said before by Brown and we know he is a c*nt and was probably on the wind up but there are no excuses for what Gerrard did last night and he was lucky not to be sent off.

Anyway...on the plus side it means he'll be available for the Man Utd game. He hasn't been at his best but hopefully, having gotten off the hook after last night, he proves to be the match winner this weekend.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:31 pm

heimdall wrote:

is it confirmed that there will be no action against Stevie? I thought it was pretty cynical of our captain

How disappointed you must be .

Last edited by woof woof ! on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:23 pm

is gerrard getting undisciplined? hhhmmm... is he changing at all? we've always known that he's normally up for a bit of a scrap and that he's happy to put the foot in from time to time. nothing has changed at all.

so, yeah, he led with a slightly raised elbow. but brown was also running across him and watch the clip to see how he makes sure gerrard is getting in range before lifting an elbow himself. he deserved it.

gerrard is a proper huyton scally that's prepared to risk jail to defend his musical tastes. don't fúck with him.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:58 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
heimdall wrote:

is it confirmed that there will be no action against Stevie? I thought it was pretty cynical of our captain

How disappointed you must be .

:glare:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:01 pm

andy_g wrote:is gerrard getting undisciplined? hhhmmm... is he changing at all? we've always known that he's normally up for a bit of a scrap and that he's happy to put the foot in from time to time. nothing has changed at all.

so, yeah, he led with a slightly raised elbow. but brown was also running across him and watch the clip to see how he makes sure gerrard is getting in range before lifting an elbow himself. he deserved it.

gerrard is a proper huyton scally that's prepared to risk jail to defend his musical tastes. don't fúck with him.

For me it was naughty but it showed he still cares.

I like to see passion. Let's not get disillusioned here it's not like he has just wopped someone for no reason. Brown was putting himself about all night, especially to Gerrard.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm

andy_g wrote:but brown was also running across him and watch the clip to see how he makes sure gerrard is getting in range before lifting an elbow himself. he deserved it.

:nod

Brown's forgotten all about the ball and has got his arm up and ready so Stevie t.wats him first.  Fair dos.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:16 am

The Gerrard /Brown incident actually reminded me of an incident involving one of my favorite athletes ever.  Mark Messier is second all time on the NHL scoring list, so obviously he had a great career.  He won 6 Stanley Cups, was the Captain of the New york Rangers in 1994 when he put the team on his back and was the major cog in liflting a 54 year drought from lifting Lord Stanley's Cup.

Fast forward a few years and Mark Messier is in his early / mid 30's and playing on a team that is struggling.  A nobody named Darius Kasparitis starts the game off by antagonising the legend, all game long slashing him while the ref isn't looking, getting away with holding until the last little nanosecond before the ref will call the penalty. 

Finally with the Rangers having a decent lead, I think it was 3-1 with about 8 mins left in the third period,play stops with a frozen (stopped) puck in the corner.  Kasparitis is on the ice, Messier comes out of nowhere and drops his gloves and waits for Kasparitis to do the same.  Messier beats Kasparitis to a pulp . 

The thing that really struck me about that incident was that I could see it building up in him over the course of the past 4-5 games.  Where he was fed up with his teamates lack of effort and their overall lesser talent level than what he was used to playing with.  He just snapped and tried as a last ditch effort to try to motivate his teamates to fight for the Sweater. 

I hope that's what Stevie was after.  And I hope that's what will happen.  I'm not convinced it wasn't a selfish action when he thought he could get away with it.  But I hope it has some possitive effect on his teamates to stand up and fight for the shirt.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:11 pm

For me i agree that Gerrard shows passion in the way he plays and would not want that to be kerbed. as that would be to the detriment of the rest of his game.I am shocked to read the idiot Graham Poll chipping in and claiming that Liverpool are getting petty and dirty in their desperation to reach the top four.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby leep33 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:51 am

He has admitted his form this season hasn't been up to his normal high standards and i think that is shown by how frustrated he has got over the last few games. Hopefully he will come on strong until the end of the season, we will get fourth and he will also have a good world cup.
leep33

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge