Star players extending contracts - & the fans have no faith in the manager

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:42 am

Yep star man Reina has agreed to extend his stay..how funny the fans have no faith in Rafa and the 'professionals' stay to help him deliver success to Liverpool ..  :upside:

Is it a case of 'in RAFA I TRUST' and so I stay ...

:rasp to the doubters !

RAFA BENITEZ... RAFA BENITEZ ... RAFA RAFA BENITEZ..

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/reina-agrees-new-deal
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:46 am

oohhhhh and look other sought after payers want to join too... :O

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news....verpool

Danish ace set to snub Man United and Spurs to join Liverpool
5th Mar 2010 - Media Watch   

Harry Redknapp and Sir Alex Ferguson have been snubbed by highly-rated Palermo defender Simon Kjaer - who insists he wants to sign for Liverpool.

Spurs and Manchester United have been tracking the 20-year-old centre-back for some time, while Manchester City failed in an £18million bid to prise him away from Serie A in January.

Now Kjaer has revealed he is desperate to form a formidable partnership with Daniel Agger at Anfield.

Kjaer said: "I would prefer to have it sorted out before the World Cup. I am ready for a new challenge, but is has to be an attractive club.

"The Premier League is the best league in the world, and then there is Barcelona and Real Madrid in Spain.

"England and the physical playing style would probably suit me better.

"In case the right offers come, it would be exciting to form a partnership with Agger at Liverpool."

Redknapp recently confirmed his interest in Kjaer but admitted Palermo would not allow the star to leave. Indeed, Palermo are hoping they can persuade the player to stay by reaching next season's Champions League.

But interest in Kjaer continues to grow. German champions Wolfsburg are also keen on him.

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini last night admitted the club are fighting to hold on to Kjaer, along with another two of his top men - attacking midfielder Javier Pastore and Uruguayan striker Edison Cavani.

Zamparani said: "I hope that everyone can remain in Palermo and maybe if we go into the Champions League, the boys are more encouraged to stay.

"I want Cavani, Pastore and Kjaer to remain here. Kjaer is much too an important player for us. I'd buy him again just to not make him go away."
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:46 pm

A player extending his contract doesn't really imply loyalty it's just good sense. Personally I will always look to extend my contract even if I have half an eye on moving to another job, it's called insurance and protecting yourself.

Anyway it will be very very interesting to see how many players stay loyal to Rafa if we finish outside the top 4 in the league, that will be the true test.
heimdall

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:21 am

Stop being so freaking miserable Heimdall OF COURSE its a reflection on the manager when these key players could move to any top club in europe.

Thr question you SHOULD asking is whether these players are signing because Rafa has been told we have new owners/investors on board with a kitty to go strengthen the squad - ie they´re resigning because of the confidence they have in the future.

Cheer up lad, the future is red.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:19 am

i've read a rumour going around involving aurelio leaving ???
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:35 am

anti-hero wrote:i've read a rumour going around involving aurelio leaving ???

That would be a shame. As Forrest Gump said, life was a box of chocolates.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge