Mr. beckford

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:44 pm

red till i die!! wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Beckford? Ngogs better than him!
'only 2.5 million'

save the 2.5s and get someone decent

dont think so mate.
he handled himself well again the manks and spurs and delivered the goods.he has a good scoring record even if it is in the lower leagues.
2.5 mil (although i would think by the end of the season that will b 5) on beckford is nothing.its a gamble is what it is and one that imo could pay off and if he scored 5 between now and the end of the season in the top flight then it would be justified.
if it doesent im pretty sure you would recoup the signing fee back and in our case we prob wouldnt pay up front anyway.

at the end of the day what can we expect with no money,2.5 mil and decent have been long erased in football.

we could always keep it? or throw another 1.5 at it and sign a 32yr old washed up defender or winger and give him one last big fat paycheck!!! ??? ..
personally id gamble on jermain man!!! :)

thank you - at last someone else can see it. I mean, we're hardly rolling in the dosh are we. and he's scored against 2 big clubs. he's worth a punt for a couple of million.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:45 pm

no no no. 2.5 is a waste. He had 2 games against the mancs but look at Leeds recent record...

Lost 3-0 to Swindon,
Lost 2-1 to Carlisle
Lost 2-0 to Exeter

2.5 million is a lot of money for someone who isnt as good as what our backup already is.
You say we're low on funds, then save the 2.5, add it to another 2.5 and buy someone decent for...5?

We cant afford yet another stupid gamble
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Greavesie wrote:Beckford's a good player where he is. He's 26 and IMO it's a bit late for him to be jumping to a much higher level

I agree with that he is too old in my opinion and if he was that good he would have been snapped up years ago
leep33

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill