Hiddink returning to england... - Maybe a kop possibility?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Waldo wrote:If there is to be a change of manager (which I honestly don't think will happen anyway, at least not in the short term) then I would think that Hiddink would be one of very few managers who would probably manage to convince Gerrard, Torres and Mascherano to stay at the club if he took over.

Another good point, he has the stature and record to keep the big players happy definately.

Cant see it happening with the ownership situation, but its something i would hope could happen.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 pm

not going in to if i want rafa gone as everyone knows how i stand on that

but just wanted to comment on hiddink; didn't he go in to chavski when drogba was shouting and moaning about anything and everything, wasn't he saying he was going to leave

then hiddink turned up and got him playing well again and he wanted to stay and all was rosy

my point is he seems to be a person who can settle down upset players and get them playing well for the team.

IF rafa was to leave then i think he could be a good replacement and imo he could settle anyone who was not happy ( if there any players that are not happy??? ) and maybe get the team playing for each other again

so yes i think IF we are in the window for a new manager then he would be a good one to go for IMO
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:36 pm

Personally, if Rafa is to go it will be the end of the season as he should be given the chance to secure top four spot.

If he does go earlier however, it's pretty obvious that Hiddink won't come in until the start of next season or any other big name long term manager for that matter anyway so with that in mind I can see Dalglish being the one who will step in to the fold to lift the spirit of the players during the interim period.

It may sound sentimental, but it's blatant common sense that if you have somebody at the club already who has managerial experience let alone being one of the most successful managers our club has ever seen then Dalglish is a no brainer to be installed as temporary manager. He commands respect and he's passionate about Liverpool.

Also, I think we need to rest a few of our players and replace them with some of our high flying reserve team players who will FIGHT for the team as they have the hunger to succeed. I think that too many people on here get hung up over the need for world class players with quality and all that. Look at the Reading team that beat us. Of course, we need a blend of quality but you also need the aggression and that's what we're sadly lacking.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:39 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Personally, if Rafa is to go it will be the end of the season as he should be given the chance to secure top four spot.

If he does go earlier however, it's pretty obvious that Hiddink won't come in until the start of next season or any other big name long term manager for that matter anyway so with that in mind I can see Dalglish being the one who will step in to the fold to lift the spirit of the players during the interim period.

It may sound sentimental, but it's blatant common sense that if you have somebody at the club already who has managerial experience let alone being one of the most successful managers our club has ever seen then Dalglish is a no brainer to be installed as temporary manager. He commands respect and he's passionate about Liverpool.

Also, I think we need to rest a few of our players and replace them with some of our high flying reserve team players who will FIGHT for the team as they have the hunger to succeed. I think that too many people on here get hung up over the need for world class players with quality and all that. Look at the Reading team that beat us. Of course, we need a blend of quality but you also need the aggression and that's what we're sadly lacking.

Long time no see lad, welcome back.

Some good points as well mate.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
wrighty (not mark!) wrote:Personally, if Rafa is to go it will be the end of the season as he should be given the chance to secure top four spot.

Long time no see lad, welcome back.

Some good points as well mate.

Thanks mate,

I still come on here all the time but hardly log on or write any more as i prefer to stand back and judge!haha
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:22 pm

agree with what you say Wrighty, and this is fast becoming another houllier situation. Back the manager until the summer and then change things then.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 pm

i never realised hiddink was 63. there's no doubting he's a quality manager but surely we need to be looking for someone younger, who can stick around for a while, bring some stability to the club, put some fire back in people's bellies. if hiddink were to come in with his own 5 year plan he's going to be 68 by the time he completes it.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:38 pm

I dont doubt Hiddink's abilities, he is a class manager and I think he would be able to sort us out.

But he is 63.. meaning that he would only be a short term solution. I think Rafa should stay untill the summer. If we finish outside the champions league and dont win Europa then bring Hiddink in if possible.
Fauxy

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:40 pm

He looks fit and healthy to me....63 or 68 isn't exactly over the hill
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:40 pm

moved to rumours for the moment but may end up in world wide by the weekend
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:46 pm

supersub wrote:moved to rumours for the moment but may end up in world wide by the weekend

or locked by tomorrow once the arguements start flying!  :D

Im not convinced Hiddink is the right man. I'm still holding our Martin O Neil, whether he'd want the job though is another thing.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Hiddink is a no brainer and we simply must make a move for him now.What a manager sat there without a job, its a gift just waiting to be taken.If he wants to come theres no time to wait as that guy will not be out of work long I promise you so they have to move immediately.No compo to pay either.Great chance if the yanks are really serious about moving the club in the right direction, strike while the irons hot.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm not shhure :D  he's the right man

:D
roberto green

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill