Hello, please be gentle with me.

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby POKERJOKERZ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:18 am

Hello all,

First of all, let me get the bad bit out the way, to avoid any confusion..

I am a Manchester United supporter.  I make no bones about it, I offer no apologies. So if you would like to get your abuse in now, then I'd be grateful. It saves messing about later.

The reason I have joined your forum, if I may be so bold, is three fold.

1) I wish to investigate further my research into the Hillsborough tragedy in 1989. Let me firstly say, I am completely and 100% against those scum in our support that use Hillsborough as a means of trying to get one over on your supporters.

Being a matchgoing fan from 1973 I know what grounds were like, I know the attitude of clubs, the police, the FA, the government and most of all, the general public.

There is not a person on this planet could convince me that what happened that day had anything to do with your supporters. The warning signs were there previously  when in the semi between Wolves and Spurs in 1981, 81 people were injured in crushes in the Lepping Lane end. It was simply a disaster waiting to happen, and sadly, and I mean that in all sincerity, 96 of your fans needlessly lost their lives.

I have always been fascinated, and please dont take that in the wrong context, with the disaster, and how it unfolded, how it could so easily have been prevented, and even worse, how the blame has been shifted from those that deserved blame, onto the poor souls that actually had their lives prematurely ended.

As I say, I am very interested in anything anyone can tell me about the day, read the experiences of your fans. Get to know those that were there and find out the real truth, over and beyond what I already know ( which trust me, isnt anything close to the myth that the Sun put out )

That interest then extends to seeing that the HJC is succesful. I for one believe that the government owe it to those 96 fans to have a full and independant enquiry, not just into the disaster itself, but everything that has gone on since. I have something in the pipeline that could help spread the word, if only in a small way, but needless to say, if there is anything I can do, then I will.  All will be revealed at a later stage.

2) Secondly, being a fan who walked out of Old Trafford the day Malcolm Glazer took over, and seeing what has happened to the club I supported for over 30 years since, I want to get to know what is happening at Liverpool. How its affecting your supporters. What your true feelings are.

Without wanting to sound patronising, but the moment I heard about Gillette and Hicks taking over, I knew what was coming, and I am not going to deny, the days when we were taken over by Glazer and elements of your support thought it highly amusing, did spring to mind.

I warned Liverpool fans that I knew, that what we were going through would happen to Liverpool. Liverpool fans would soon find out just what problems they were heading into. I wont deny many seemed to believe that Gillette and Hicks would be the people that put Liverpool back at the top again, with mega money spending and a passion for Liverpool FC. Sadly, I think many of them will live to regret those false feelings of a hopeful future for Liverpool..

So I'd like to find out what exactly is going on, how that affects your fans, and how closely it mirrors whats happening at Old Trafford. Believe me, here is one fan that sits there and cringes when people say that the club is still winning things so all must be rosy....

3) Finally, the last reason I am here is, as my name suggests, I am a poker fanatic. And I am setting out on a project whereby I would like to set up a league going between fans of different clubs. It would be nice if any poker players within your support would consider representing your club. A website and forum is currently under construction, so in September next year, I would like to start the league and hopefully have some of your members taking part on behalf of Liverpool FC supporters.

Anyway, fire away with the abuse. I am big enough and man enough to take it.. ( I took what you threw at us in Goodison Valley in 2005, and believe me, you threw alot, and I've done a few 300 metre sprints down Scotty Road in my time with your finest coming after me ) so I think a bit of abuse on an internet forum should be manageable.. :-D :-)

Just lay off the munich stuff... I really wouldnt want you to appear as clueless as those in our support who use events totally irrelevant to the rivalry as a weapon.. I'd like to think there are some supporters with class and dignity
POKERJOKERZ

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:51 am

I bet you dont hate your yanks as much as i hate our ones,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby POKERJOKERZ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:09 am

NANNY RED wrote:I bet you dont hate your yanks as much as i hate our ones,

How much would you like to bet on that ?

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-0Az7dgRY

this springs to mind

If you want to join us you really have to hate the romans

I do

How much

Alot...

OK your in
POKERJOKERZ

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:13 am

POKERJOKERZ wrote:Anyway, fire away with the abuse. I am big enough and man enough to take it.. ( I took what you threw at us in Goodison Valley in 2005, and believe me, you threw alot, and I've done a few 300 metre sprints down Scotty Road in my time with your finest coming after me ) so I think a bit of abuse on an internet forum should be manageable.. :-D :-)

Firstly it was the bitters who gave you the mauling at the valley not the reds ,secondly give us some credit not all supporters tend to stoop to the level of rejoicing in personal tragedy  .
and the last and most important point is asking about Hillsborough ,while I understand your need for input on that fateful day in question ,(WE ALL WANT ANSWERS BELIEVE ME ) your question  could be considered somewhat ghoulish in its manner however polite the request .

Just a few pointers other than that enjoy the forum
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby POKERJOKERZ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:28 am

redbeergoggles wrote:
POKERJOKERZ wrote:Anyway, fire away with the abuse. I am big enough and man enough to take it.. ( I took what you threw at us in Goodison Valley in 2005, and believe me, you threw alot, and I've done a few 300 metre sprints down Scotty Road in my time with your finest coming after me ) so I think a bit of abuse on an internet forum should be manageable.. :-D :-)

Firstly it was the bitters who gave you the mauling at the valley not the reds ,secondly give us some credit not all supporters tend to stoop to the level of rejoicing in personal tragedy  .
and the last and most important point is asking about Hillsborough ,while I understand your need for input on that fateful day in question ,(WE ALL WANT ANSWERS BELIEVE ME ) your question  could be considered somewhat ghoulish in its manner however polite the request .

Just a few pointers other than that enjoy the forum

As I said in the original post, I didnt want my post to be taken out of context. And if it appears ghoulish I promise you it was never ever meant to be. I apologise most profusely if that is how it appears. My interest stems purely from my love of the game and the way football fans have been treated over the last 20 years.

With regards to giving you credit for not using Munich, I have had experiences on other forums where the moment I mention I am a United fan I am met with a "oh you sang about ......" and automatically the Munich stuff started.

Its a two way thing.

My point was, if I am going to be respectul, please have the decency not to sling it back in my face by using Munich. Whilst you may not do it, and I respect anyone who wouldnt, others have and will.. Sadly the same happens within our club.

But we arent all like that..

As for Goodison Valley... we may have been playing the bitters, as you so fondly call them, however those that were there in the Valley when United were ambushed ( and I must admit quite succesfull ) were NOT all bitters..

Fair play... Your lot, alongside Everton gave United a hiding that day. You wont find any excuses or arguments from me..
Thats the way the cookie crumbles.. If you follow a team and you've been around long enough you get to realise that on and off the pitch, you never win 100% of the time.
Last edited by POKERJOKERZ on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
POKERJOKERZ

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:31 am

Weres Goodison Valley,

WALES
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby POKERJOKERZ » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:41 am

NANNY RED wrote:Weres Goodison Valley,

WALES

I meant Everton Valley...

Silly me made a mistake..
POKERJOKERZ

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:45 am

Hi and welcome POKERJOKERZ , most of the poker players arn't about at the moment mate , but I am sure there will be a few that are interested in giving you a thrashing :D  We certainly have a few avid poker players on the site who I am sure will get in touch with you.
account deleted by request

Postby dawson99 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:54 pm

only play live games, never online.

welcome :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:49 pm

How comes he is banned? He has been behaving himself as far as I can see.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:20 pm

you can have this for free mate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Introductions Forum