Health scares - Anyone ever had one?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Has anyone here ever had a health scare?

3 months ago i had some chest pains and went to the local hospital to get checked out. They did some tests and said i had a heart defect. It was f**king horrible, because the doctors and nurses had that look on their face they give to people who are seriously ill. So, they sent me for LOADS more tests, which have taken months of hospital vists to carry out.  Today i had my results with the chief cardiologist of my local hospital....

Turns out it was a misdiagnosis! There’s nothing wrong with my heart and the pains were little more than muscle spasms, which can be treated with some minor drugs. I’m not sure if i should feel happy or :censored: off!  Either way, i’ll be getting drunk.  :nod

Anyone else here experienced a health scare?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:12 pm

Good news mate! I'm sure relief is the overwhelming emotion your feeling.

I had an episode 7-8 years ago where my kidneys packed in. Initially they weren't sure if it was going to be a long-standing problem but thankfully it resolved in a matter of days. Turns out it was a combination of a drinking session, a flu and too little water, but for a few days I had to contemplate life with a chronic illness. It makes you very appreciative of good health.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Jaysus Kewell thats good news afterall anyway.

I'm just a puppy so no health scare for me just yet :D 

though I am experiencing a constant pain in my left side, been there for a while now, not serious pain and it isn't there all the time, kicks in every so often, goes away when I walk about. Hopefully it's nothing
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:37 pm

fivecups wrote:Good news mate! I'm sure relief is the overwhelming emotion your feeling.

I had an episode 7-8 years ago where my kidneys packed in. Initially they weren't sure if it was going to be a long-standing problem but thankfully it resolved in a matter of days. Turns out it was a combination of a drinking session, a flu and too little water, but for a few days I had to contemplate life with a chronic illness. It makes you very appreciative of good health.

it sure does make you appreciate your health and also reminds you just how quickly things can take a turn for the worse.

Poor Phil was an example of that.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Greavesie wrote:Jaysus Kewell thats good news afterall anyway.

I'm just a puppy so no health scare for me just yet :D 

though I am experiencing a constant pain in my left side, been there for a while now, not serious pain and it isn't there all the time, kicks in every so often, goes away when I walk about. Hopefully it's nothing

Go check a neurologist, might be some nerve.

ofcourse you feel the pain everytime you watch Liverpool right? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:32 pm

I've been meaning to see the doc like so I might just give it a go next week just to be safe like.

Liverpool's just in the heart mate, swear to God they're gonna make me the youngest person to have a heart attack ever :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:09 am

Greavesie wrote:I've been meaning to see the doc like so I might just give it a go next week just to be safe like.

Liverpool's just in the heart mate, swear to God they're gonna make me the youngest person to have a heart attack ever :D

I told the Doctor that today :laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:16 am

Very happy for you. :)

Yeh I had a health scare some months back. While training I noticed a palpitation, it was not pain, just as if you noticed your heart beat more. I never had checked the blood pressure, and I started checking and it was rocket high 15-10 or something.

So I removed salt, coke, and the cake of the breakfast, and I've lost a few kilos and more importantly I have the blood pressure 12/7 now.

In a way it was a bless, because I never managed to remove things like too much coffee or taking care of the food just to be more fit, but fear makes wonders I must say, and this time I was able to do so. With 33 years it's time to admit you're not on your twenties any more.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum