When did the rules change

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:54 am

big al wrote:I am old enough to remember the days when greedy directors gobbled up all the revenue generated by the biggest football clubs. 

You mean in the days before tv deals, shirt sponsership, global media, player sponsership deals and stadium naming rights?

You´re spot on, those greedy directors like John Smith who didnt have any love for the club took all the money - WHAT MONEY ??

In REALITY if only we could go back to the days when we had an internal team of Moores + Smith + Robinson + Shanks/Paisley. That was the strongest the club has been for 30 years, they lived and breathed this club.
Last edited by Reg on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:16 pm

"In REALITY if only we could go back to the days when we had an internal team of Moores + Smith + Robinson + Shanks/Paisley. That was the strongest the club has been for 30 years, they lived and breathed this club."

They were Gentlemen Reg. Wouldn't last two minutes in this Rupert Murdoch world.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27 pm

The rules fecking changed when the drunk became boss of the Mancs, fecking disgraceful he gets a slap on the wrist for having ago at Refs an Degan must  serve a 3 match ban, after the F.A rejcted his appeal to redeem the red card he recieved at fulham on the weekend.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:30 pm

NANNY RED wrote:The rules fecking changed when the drunk became boss of the Mancs, fecking disgraceful he gets a slap on the wrist for having ago at Refs an Degan must  serve a 3 match ban, after the F.A rejcted his appeal to redeem the red card he recieved at fulham on the weekend.

Inconsistencies Nan.

Just reading 'Here we go gathering cups in May' about Rome 1984 when 14 Liverpool fans were stabbed and no action was taken against Roma. Imagine a team coming to Liverpool and 14 fans being stabbed? Thats called war... we´d be thrown out of europe forever.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:37 pm

Reg wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:The rules fecking changed when the drunk became boss of the Mancs, fecking disgraceful he gets a slap on the wrist for having ago at Refs an Degan must  serve a 3 match ban, after the F.A rejcted his appeal to redeem the red card he recieved at fulham on the weekend.

Inconsistencies Nan.

Just reading 'Here we go gathering cups in May' about Rome 1984 when 14 Liverpool fans were stabbed and no action was taken against Roma. Imagine a team coming to Liverpool and 14 fans being stabbed? Thats called war... we´d be thrown out of europe forever.

I was there Reg , they ambushed us , fecking terrible it was , one lad who i knew from the match got stabbed in the ar.se,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Reg wrote:

Inconsistencies Nan.

it has ALWAYS been the same. Italian clubs are been proven to be corrupt, violent and racist in recent years...but what action has been taken?

The odd game behind closed doors and thats about it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Not surprised Degen's appeal was rejected, it was a bookable offence (yellow) and I'm sure they don't downgrade cards as I said in the relevant thread .

Has Carra's card been (successfully) appealed? I think we had a strong case for him, more than Degen's which was technically frivilous if I am right about the yellow card rule (can't downgrade a red that should have been a yellow, might also be you can upgrade a yellow to a red)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Reg wrote:

Inconsistencies Nan.

it has ALWAYS been the same. Italian clubs are been proven to be corrupt, violent and racist in recent years...but what action has been taken?

The odd game behind closed doors and thats about it.

Problem is with Italy, Berlusconi.

Most of Europes governments love him, the man who brought proper capitalism to Italy.

It's remeniscant of Saddam Hussein - the powers that be in Europe bigged him up so much that when the :censored: hits the fan theres not a right lot they can say against him.

And hes the driving force behind Italian football, and the man that has made politics and football synonamous in the country.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Paul C » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:55 pm

I remember my uncles telling me about the Roma game, they said that the italians were on scooters and had sticks with blades on the end, they would ride along slashing the backs of people legs :angry:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:52 pm

The other week I was watching ssn I think it must have been, and they were going on about how relatively few red cards there had been this season............................

BOOM, Saturday there were EIGHT red cards, a Premiership record number of reds in one day. And the nine over the weekend was the first time in 10 years when coincidentally Liverpool had two players sent off in the same game

27/09/09 Liverpool 0-1 bitters (Westerveld and Gerrard sent off)

It's funny we should criticise Rafa for tardy substitutions, 0-1 down in the derby after just four minutes, Houllier didn't bring Gerrard and MEIJER on until the 66th minute and Camara four minutes later. The bitters were so in awe of our tactical changes that they didn't use any subs! How does the team of that day compare with Fulham on Saturday?

Westerveld (sent off 74)
Heggem
Staunton
Carragher
Hyypia
Smicer (Camara 70)
Berger
Hamann (Meijer 66)
Redknapp
Owen
Fowler (Gerrard 66, sent off 90)

Unused subs : Nielsen, Henchoz

I reckon Staunton, Hyypia, Berger, possibly Hamann, maybe Redknapp, definitely both Owen and Fowler would in or serious contenders to make our current XI. No way would Westerveld get in ahead of Reina, Heggem not much hope (is Degen the new Heggem?), Staunton wasn't so great later in his career but I'd still consider him at LB, Hamann offers more variety than Mascherano, Owen and Fowler might not be as good as Torres, but still in their prime were in the same bracket. Camara was ok but nothing special, did Meijer ever score in the league? A young Gerrard would not get in ahead of the modern day version. Boy was he reckless back in the day
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:39 am

Owzat you've made me depressed even more, we should have progressed.  Someone suggested to me todaywe should go and get Hamann back instead of Lucas.  If were talking about a toss up between Heggem and Degen, then we are in trouble.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion