The championship - Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:15 am

do we need to take a gamble and buy players from the championship and below i know its taking a gamble and might not workout but isn't it worth a risk.with bein linked with micheal dawson,adam boyd and ian bodwitch as of late and there quality players and in the long run it can help our national team aswell as building for the future and we cnt have no complaints if it dnt work and they won't be on a high wage like biscan,traoe,diouf,diao and the new zinedine zidane

edit: sorry i had to post the picture throught it was funny :laugh:  :laugh:
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by the great one on Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:08 am

****** the national team.
115-1073096938

Postby supersub » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:12 am

I agree ******** the national team
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby madred » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:13 am

Are you saying Liverpool should be some sort of training ground to blood new internationals??? ???
Last edited by madred on Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:17 am

no im saying sign player from the championship etc cus it will help us in the short term and the national team in the long run and if it don't work at least we aint forked out over the odds for the player. so ****** the national team so u saying u dnt cheer when gerrard scores for england
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:25 am

Do you seriously think Benitez would do what you think? Do you think he really gives a toss about our national side? I think he will be looking for quality to make Liverpool FC great once again. ???
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:27 am

Funnier still was Martin Samuel pleading for Liverpool to appoint a Curbishley or Mclaren for the sake of the english national team.Bring an english manager in,show him what the big time is like,then let him bugger of to the england job after three years.Unfortunately, you just know thats exactly what would happen if we ever appoint an english manager again.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:31 am

the great one wrote:do we need to take a gamble and buy players from the championship and below

Andy Reid of Forest is one id take tomorrow.I cant understand why he`s still playing first division football.He`d cost about the same money we spent on Biscan.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:32 am

im not saying he would give a ****** wat happen but if we sign quality players and they got into the national side it would be cus we took a gamble on them and it paid off think about dawson or diouf who would u rather have
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:51 am

Just answer me this question, why would Benitez, being Spanish, give a toss about the English national team?

Just think about the logic of that (which was a suggested reason for doing it in your first post) I understand and agree that trying a youngster who has performed well in the championship could pay off and if it didn't at least we wouldn't have some one on a massive wage that noone would take off our hands.  But why would Benitez care about the England team?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:59 am

If I am the Liverpool manager, regardless of being of English/French/Scottish or any other origin, I would not give a toss about the English national team. I would be focussed on getting my hands on the best and most suitable players, in my opinion, who will improve my Liverpool squad regardless of their nationalities.

If they happen to be English, then good for the national team. If not, too bad...

If anything, English players, especially established ones, cost more than their foreign counterparts. The wages offered to them will also have to be higher. This is the "premium" for getting a home based player who will not have the trouble of settling to the language/culture/food/weather/how physical the football game is in the EPL as opposed to a talented foreigner but with the risk of him having to adept/settle to a foreign environment.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:04 am

Yer p#ss off national team sven hates us and owen becks an lampard messin with our stevies mind :angry:  :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:27 am

I read one of today's newspapers here in Malaysia with an article on Owen's England career in which Sven has said that he is facing "a nice problem" with his choice of strikers - Owen, Shrek, Dafoe, Smith - being available for the next England games.

Given Dafoe's very inspiring performances, Owen is faced with the prospect of being on the bench the nxt time England plays with Shrek and Dafoe being the first choice partnering. Just like at Madrid, Owen may be a banch warmer at both club and England level. Just something interesting to share with you all, not that it matters for Liverpool.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:32 am

Wont be the next game mate rooneys still not fit but the game after that maybe It looks like owen might have damaged his career moving to real only time will tell tho :sleepy:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion