Nasri - Broken leg

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has suffered a broken leg during the club's pre-season training camp in Austria.

The France international is facing between two and three months on the sidelines after fracturing his right fibula on Tuesday morning.

Nasri will miss the opening weeks of the Premier League season and will be hoping to return to action at some stage in October.

The 22-year-old suffered the injury during a training match at Arsenal's summer camp in Bad Waltersdorf and was immediately taken to a nearby hospital.

A statement on the club's official website confirmed: "Samir Nasri has sustained a fractured fibula during this morning's training session at the club's pre-season training camp in Austria.

"The midfielder will be out of action for two to three months."

The news will come as a major setback to Gunners boss Arsene Wenger as he looks to end the club's four-year trophy drought.

On top of missing several weeks of club action, Nasri has been ruled out of France's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Faroe Islands, Romania and Serbia.

:D
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 pm

It's official, their whole team is made of glass.  Wenger's living in cloud cuckoo land if he thinks they don't need to use the Adebayor money to reinforce that collection of sick notes.  Of course, if he wants to get stubborn about that, I won't complain. :;):
Last edited by Bad Bob on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fauxy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 pm

A bit of a wake up call to Wenger to spend his money! I can see them having another season were their weakness in depth will really cost them.
Fauxy

Postby Gerrard30391 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:27 pm

All there strikers, except Bendtner (who wouldn't get in our Lincoln side) are no bigger than five foot and a fag end.

As you said Bob, not that i'm complaining. Rosicky is fit, but he aint special.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby ElNino9 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Ever since he joined Arsenal he has been plagued with injury, its a shame though coz he's a really good player.
ElNino9

Postby redhayesy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 pm

ElNino9 wrote:Ever since he joined Arsenal he has been plagued with injury, its a shame though coz he's a really good player.

that's your opinion mate which you are entitled to,as for me he wouldn't get into our first team as IMO he's to inconsistant,an would be a squad player at most. challenging the likes of lucas for a seat on the bench at most. cause as you quite rightly point out he is injury prone,as a result is inconsistant which for me doesn't make him a really good player at all.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:55 pm

I wonder if their training methods are too hard. I remember wherever Souness went that club would always have :censored: loads of injuries, us Blackburn, Newcastle ect.....
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Its a broken leg so i don't think it has anything to do with difficult training methods probably a mistimed tackled
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Ok yeah maybe in this instance but otherwise they have a lot of injury prone players. Fabregas, Rosicky, Van Persie ect....

Maybe they are just injury prone players.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:34 pm

technical players are usually more prone to injuries due to their style of play.... thats why you'll rarely see someone like Kuyt injured ...

*looks around.... runs for cover* :D
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:01 pm

:D Ace = Fo Dne = Pee wee ??? :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 am

Nasri broke his leg by tapping the ball away from a team mate as his team mate was about to strike the ball. Then as the ball had gone, he swung and battered Nasri's leg like it was the ball.
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Return to Premiership - General Discussion