Aiden mcgeady - ..reminds me of mcmanaman

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:20 pm

Whats your opinion on this fella?

I think he is developing into a very tricky little winger. 

He reminds me of Steve McManaman in the way he plays. I know he's not playing in the toughest league in the world, but I reckon under the right manager, plus a few beef stews, he will develop into a classy winger. He can go bye players with ease...

I'd snap him up for Liverpool straight away if I was the boss.

I'd say he'll be in the premier league next season.

Aiden McGeady
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Never seen this boy play but we should definitely be in the market for some players who can genuinely dribble. Our team is crying out for a McManaman type player.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 pm

Just hope the Mancs dont get him. He had meetings at Arsenal and Man Utd when he was 13 years old. Here is what he said, (Taken from His official site)

"I left Govanhill to sign for Queen´s Park´s Under-12 team and Queen´s Park were good when I was with them because they let me go up and down for trials with teams in England. At 12 and 13, a number of clubs in England were interested in signing me, including Arsenal and Manchester United. I met Sir Alex Ferguson in Manchester although I didn´t really talk to him for long. I was impressed with the training at Manchester United, but I thought Arsenal had the best facilities.

If I had been going to sign for an English club it would have been one of those two because of the standard of play and players at those clubs. Both of them wanted to sign me, but then there was the whole issue of being away from home and potential homesickness. My dad had gone down there with Sheffield United and he had experienced it all and he told me what it would be like. I don´t think I was really up for going to England at that age so I decided to remain in Scotland."

He was very young at the time, but now at the ripe age of 23, he is about to flourish imo.
He had a big bust up with Strachan not so long ago, and it looked like he was off at one stage. He is also attracting the big clubs on the continent.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:06 am

NOOOOOOOOO!

Like I said about Robbie Keane ages ago(before he even signed) - he is a decent player for Ireland (where standards are not that high) but he is a million miles from LFC standard.

He is good at celtic running against Falkirk defenders but he cannot do it at a higher level. If you watched him in CL you will see how limited he is. Watch him too when Ireland play Italy and you will see how limited he is.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 am

Couldn't lace Mcmanaman's boots.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:14 pm

i actually think he is pretty decent - yeah he plays very well in mickey mouse league but when he has played in europe he has looked pretty damn good as well .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion