Hello - Introduction

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby kan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:39 am

Hello,
I'm a Liverpool fan from California.
Although I live nowhere near Merseyside, something about Liverpool gets me excited. I wake up early or even ditch classes to watch games.
However, as a Korean American, i tend to have a soft spot for Manchester United (Park Ji Sung plays there and is a national hero in Korea, and I truly respect him).
I hope the best for Liverpool, the most beautiful soccer team in Europe.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
Kurt Cobain
kan

Postby Sabre » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 am

Hello.

In football there are not fans, it's like a religion. Like in a religion, you either are born in a religion or are converted. But once you are converted, you hate Satan , and thus you hate Manchester United. You may respect some of their players (I for instance respect Schole's football and career) but you can't have a soft spot for them.

Oh, and it's football.

Be welcome Kam :) the above is only one example of how football is lived in Europe, in my country Spain, you can see things like one guy entering a restaurant, seeing an scarf of an archenemy team, and walk off the restaurant. In England the passion is different, but equally as high.

So once said hello, you must initiate the ritual: Burn all your Manchester United things. Posters, shirts, whatever.

And you'll be on the right way :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Sabre wrote:Hello.

In football there are not fans, it's like a religion. Like in a religion, you either are born in a religion or are converted. But once you are converted, you hate Satan , and thus you hate Manchester United. You may respect some of their players (I for instance respect Schole's football and career) but you can't have a soft spot for them.

Oh, and it's football.

Be welcome Kam :) the above is only one example of how football is lived in Europe, in my country Spain, you can see things like one guy entering a restaurant, seeing an scarf of an archenemy team, and walk off the restaurant. In England the passion is different, but equally as high.

So once said hello, you must initiate the ritual: Burn all your Manchester United things. Posters, shirts, whatever.

And you'll be on the right way :D

thank you,
but honestly, i despise
Chelsea (maybe because they knocked out LIverpool last year), Everton for thinking that they're the best team just because they beat Liverpool in the FA cup this year,
and Arsenal (i don't know why, but i just don't like this team).
I guess i could add manchester to this list.
Kurt Cobain
kan

Postby Bermenstein » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Hello Kan and welcome to the forum. Its fantastic supporting your NATIONAL hero, you don't need to support Man Utd.

When I was a kid I once converted a Man Utd supporter into a "Real Red" Liverpool supporter.
It was in the 80's, and day after day I would show him my Pannini Soccer books, Lpool memorabilia and all the titles Lpool had won. I did this everyday for about a week. He's a die hard Lpool supporter to this day. Suppose it was easier, as Utd were sh.it then.

Just thought I'd share this with the forum on Kan's Intro. It can be done. Rid yourself of scummy thoughts..  :D
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Welcome aboard, KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
NNNNN!!!

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Sabre wrote:In football there are not fans, it's like a religion. Like in a religion, you either are born in a religion or are converted. But once you are converted, you hate Satan , and thus you hate Manchester United.

True story...one of my students turned up the other day in a Spurs jersey so I asked her how long she'd supported Tottenham.  Her response?  "Oh no, I'm an Arsenal fan...I just haven't had a chance to buy one of their tops yet and besides the first match I ever went to was a Spurs match so I thought I'd buy this."  Kinell, kids these days don't understand the tribal hatred of their forebears.  :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Something about Liverpool gets me excited,but I have a soft spot for UTD!

Quality! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kan » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:55 am

well, to be honest, I've never attended a game before.
but i really want to support Liverpool as if it were my own home team.
I am saving up money to travel to Europe though, and my priorities will be Liverpool and co.
Kurt Cobain
kan

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:05 am

Number 9 wrote:Something about Liverpool gets me excited,but I have a soft spot for UTD!

Quality!

traitor  :angry:   :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Welcome mate... happy posting.
ConnO'var

Return to Introductions Forum