Incey

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:46 pm

I dont think Blackburn made the right decision sacking Ince. 17 games doesnt make a manager, 17 games doesnt win the league for an average club.

More to the point, its the kind of sacking that Ince might not recover from like Keane at Sunderland. When both manager and club look back on it in 12 months they might feel pretty embarrassed.

Incey was never a Houllier, Rafa or Maureen, Blackburn was never a glamour club. Hughes set the pace, Ince had a steep learning curve. 17 games isnt enough time for a manager to step up a gear into top 7 EPL from MK Dons standard.

A wasted effort, time and money for both parties. Blackburn should have gone for someone higher profile, Ince should have learnt his trade before stepping up.

I hope we´ll see him somewhere else and have another home manager to be proud of.

Despite all, I still hate the tw@t, he´s still a Manc.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:09 pm

I think its a bit unlucky to be honest. When he became a manager he didn't have enough money to strengthen and he lost one of his best players in David Bentley, hell he lost his GK Brad Friedle too. He had no money to replace them with same class players.

Maybe he needed more time.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koptite » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:13 pm

a bit harsh but results is what everyone whant's and he was not getting them :p
Koptite

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:15 am

Its harsh but the way the premiership is this season, in terms of how the entire bottom half of the league are virtually performing to the same standard, I guess the boards hand was forced.

They need to guarantee survival, and to do that they need experience. In hindsight they maybe should never of made him manager and instead gone for a more experienced manager/coach.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:18 am

Reg wrote:Despite all, I still hate the tw@t, he´s still a Manc.

I agree
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:35 am

s@int wrote:
Reg wrote:Despite all, I still hate the tw@t, he´s still a Manc.

I agree

and he played for us and his son is playing in our youth academy  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Fat Sam has got the job
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:25 am

Hard for blackburn to give him time as they are in a relegation fight and it could actually turn out worse . Big Sam could save them and make them back into a aggressive side like they were under souness and hughes
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:11 pm

blackburn are winning 3-0 now.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:51 am

Anyone see on MOTD II (?) where they showed Ince's 'notes' during a match - a diagram of the penalty area with "shoot" written in it! :D
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:54 am

Reg wrote:I dont think Blackburn made the right decision sacking Ince. 17 games doesnt make a manager, 17 games doesnt win the league for an average club.

More to the point, its the kind of sacking that Ince might not recover from like Keane at Sunderland. When both manager and club look back on it in 12 months they might feel pretty embarrassed.

Incey was never a Houllier, Rafa or Maureen, Blackburn was never a glamour club. Hughes set the pace, Ince had a steep learning curve. 17 games isnt enough time for a manager to step up a gear into top 7 EPL from MK Dons standard.

A wasted effort, time and money for both parties. Blackburn should have gone for someone higher profile, Ince should have learnt his trade before stepping up.

I hope we´ll see him somewhere else and have another home manager to be proud of.

Despite all, I still hate the tw@t, he´s still a Manc.

keane didn't get sacked he left cos when push comes to shove he is a pussie , crying baby.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion