Introductions at last - Making myself known

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby Ben1988 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:19 pm

After 150odd post i think ill make my self known....

Hello all.

My names Ben... i was born in 1988 lol

Reason im a fan: My grandad was a scouse Bitter... moved up to the lakes, his son, my dad, supported Liverpool becasue he was a glory fan.. and to annoy his Father becasue he wasn't really into football as hes a Rugby man. I myself am a rugby man as I play it, but love football more, i just wish i was half decent. infact thats a lie i dont love football I love Liverpool, I don't no where my loyalty has come from, maybe its come from the club itself... its sort of sets up camp in your brain and wont leave. People will question my loyalty as i havent been to hundreds of games and i'm young... but if I had the money id have a season ticke, follow us away in europe. When i buy a house itl be near liverpool so even if im not at the game i can come down and enjoy the matchday buzz.

I lived in Lancaster untill recently when I moved to the capital as part of a years work experience on my Uni course. Living in Londons great... but I miss the north already.

Hang on... I'm not sure im supposed to be telling you my life story really...

Back to football.

I went to see Liverpool 2or3 times a year untill the age of 15 but always for my birthday. First game i saw was a 3 nill home defeat at the hands on Newcastle. I saw us beat Southampton 7-1 and also saw us beat aston villa 3nil, we scored 3 in the first 18 mins or something, I remember saying to my Dad "woah where gona score loads today..." he being older and wiser new otherwise, he was correct, Liverpool sat back and the rest of the game was poor. I'm not sure whether it was a Robbie hatrick... fastest hatrick ever or something... im going to research it after being on here.

When I got older I started going with mates, we managed to get champs league tickes quite often. In the season we won it I went to every home game apart from the semi against chelsea... Meaning I saw Olympiakos.

I was in the anny road end right next to the divide between us and the greeks. Was quite scary to be honest they were all going mad.. specially when they went 1 up. The second half was well, ill never forget it, When Gerrard scored this massive guy sat behind me ended up next to me huging me and lifting me in the air. we were stood on our seats shouting at the greeks. Was amazing. Then we won it... was going to come to Liverpool to watch it somewhere in town but as I was 17 i didnt wana risk not getting in. Watched it in a Walkabout in Lancaster and it was brilliant.

I have been on here for a while posting every now and then but usually just observing. There is a lot of :censored: spoken on here aswell as a lot of sense but its all good fun. I told myself I wasn't going to get into the general chat business as id never get any work done... but as ive been in my job for a while now ive started slacking and today SAP is down so ive nothing I can do so I thought id make myself known.

Anyway I hope i haven't bored anone that chose to read this.

Id like to here other peoples favourite LFC moments either when we have won something or something that just sums LFC fans, team, culture up. I cant explain what we mean really i just wana hear ur match day stories.... Do we have a thread somewhere?
Ben1988

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:33 pm

good intro. here are 2 threads i found for u.

Positives

Celebrations
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ben1988 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:37 pm

Thank you, I'll have browse later on.
Ben1988

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:25 pm

Nice introduction Ben, welcome.
:)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:47 pm

I never have introduced myself. Just putting little posts here and there.

Any body want me to post an introduction?

You seen some pretty decent games by the looks of that mate.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:28 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:I never have introduced myself. Just putting little posts here and there.

why not?  :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Gerrard30391 wrote:I never have introduced myself. Just putting little posts here and there.

Erm, no.

:;):
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:49 pm

Please, do.

We know some details about the regulars, but it's always useful that the new members introduce themselves.

For some reason, avatars and giving a couple of details about a poster (introduction), helps to identify you as a poster. Meaning, if you are new, and post in rotation thread, and then you post in the Agger thread, a regular reader who still isn't familiarised with you doesn't relate both posts. Avatars and introductions help to identify yourself better, makes the regular readers remember you better.

Plus, it's always nice to know a couple of details about your place etc!

So, please, do so!
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:05 pm

Nobody cares but I (we all dream) is Ben1988. In trying to change my password and the email i use for this site i ended up getting blocked somehow, I could log in but couldnt post. Either that or i was barred and now ive given the game away....  :D

Been on another site inbetween, people are way to serious to enable you to work out which posters are genuine, have good sources if if they are just plain taking the :censored:..... been great reading posts on here over the past few weeks tho.
Last edited by we all dream... on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:22 pm

Welcome back......again :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:08 am

I cant even remember if i introduced myself :laugh:

Welcome back Ben
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:43 am

Welcome aboard Ben!!!

Nanny, you did introduce yourself. Its way back on page 6, half way down the page,  :D (sorry but I'm bored and decided to have a look, lol)
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Salty Sock » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:26 am

Hi nice long introduction :) I'll read it later when I hit traf!
Just behave while you here, should be ok.
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Return to Introductions Forum