Bob man ! - Your on the lock topic to quick

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Bam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:40 am

Firstly I'd like to say there is truth in this statement below.
Even if you disagree with it I reckon most of you know deep down Saint has a point about the morality of things in question along with people having Money. Also what he said about family members would ring true to each and eveyone of you.

Bob this forum hasnt had a b.loody good debate on here for a while. IMO its much more interesting to read peoples opinions on matters than hearing the same old .." Should we sell Benayoun" stuff. Even if it is a tad to controversial for some, its worth reading peoples opinions until the flame wars start at least.

Saints opinion. (If you dont agree with it, say so constructively, if you cant hold your fingers post an angry face and walk out the thread) Listen to me, telling people what to do. :) ....

Its just smple facts mate. Money is what counts, if you have the money you get the best treatment if you don't you get whatever is left. People are dying in this country everyday because of lack of money for health care. Our hospitals are slowly (maybe not so slowly) becoming run down , and life or death drugs are prescribed on a POSTCODE BASIS. If you live in the right area you get the treatment.... if not you die. So anyone that argues health is not about money is talking out of their ar$e.

My mother and sister both died from TREATABLE illnesses. Bad luck? Or a system that fails when you need it most? Our country has one of the poorest recovery rates from cancer in the Western world.

Survival gap for UK cancer patients

Investment is being made in new equipment
The UK is worse than most of its European neighbours when it comes to cancer survival rates, a study has found.
Only eastern European countries fare worse in the league tables published on Thursday.

The Eurocare study revealed that France and Austria have the best five-year survival rates- and that Poland has the worst.

Cancer survival is heavily influenced by factors such as the speed the cancer is diagnosed, and the treatments available to patients, say experts.

link to full article BBC

Health treatment is ALL about money. There are millions dying in Africa from aids, even from lack of salt replenishment drugs.

I just don't see the difference from letting them die of hunger/disease/dehydration or using their organs to help people who can be saved. Save a million African kids from hunger today, and you will be back saving 10million African kids tomorrow. Either you put the money in to educate, feed and develop them, or you may as well harvest them like wheat. No one is EVER going to put the money in, so .......

Like I said everyone is a bleeding heart till you ask them to put their hand in their pocket. Its morally wrong ..... so is allowing millions to die every year because they haven't basic requirements like food and clean water.   
Human life cannot be measured by the level of technological contribution or improvements one is able to make toward future generations, or current generations. Aside from the fundamental point that it goes against basic principles of human rights, it's a totally flawed and unworkable concept.

No, human life is measured in something much simpler...... money and power. If you have it your chances of living to a grand old age are much better than if you don't. All the rest is sentimental garbage. You may as well say that all life is sacred and so we shouldn't eat animals or fish. Why should we be given the power of life or death over animals.

The reason is power and money, we have it and the animals and 3rd world countries don't. So we may as well use that power and money to save people that can and do make a telling contribution rather than some of those that don't/can't.

People take medicines over here for colds and flu, while people in the third world havent got medicines to save their lives. Should we all stop taking medicine when we have an headache!

The rest is just bleeding heart garbage. If someone gave you a button that would kill 3 members of your family(or loved ones) on the one hand, or a MILLION 3rd world natives on the other the reality is none of you would press the button to kill your own family, and there would be a MILLION less 3rd world natives. So morality is out the window.

There are people kept in a vegatative state for years because of morality, when that money could save countless lives. Murderers kept in jail because of morality when that money could save the lives of many more worthy people.

There is no god and morality is the luxury of the healthy, weathy or misguided. At the end of the day you would all rather sit there with your big box of chocolates watching TV than make any REAL sacrifice to save lives. Anyone wjho has a few spare quid can give to charity and pretend they care, but no one sells all their possessions to make a genuine sacrifice.   

"The smallest pain in our little finger gives us more concern than the destruction of millions of our fellow beings". Sad but true.

As I said, anyone who has given up all their possessions to save lives I will listen to, the rest are just mouthing bleeding heart cr@p.  Family, friends, country and then if there is any left over the rest can share it between them.

So forget the sanctimonious twaddle, the truth is anyone who really cares about someone would give everything they have to save them ....... Morality! Moral authority don't make me laugh! If your son or daughter was dying and there was an organ you could buy that would save them ...... not one of you would say its moraly wrong I wont buy it, they must die.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:53 am

i have to admit i'm pretty shocked - about saint's stance on this. judging the value of someone's contribution to society or the place they come from or their level of health as a measure of whether they should live or die, whether they should be used as 'organ farms' for us lucky people over here, is bordering on eugenics.

if you want to bang on about bleeding heart liberals not really giving a sh!t when it comes to the crunch it's all well and good but i suggest you speak for yourself rather than other more considerate people on the forum, mate.

the truth is though that organ farming is as unnecessary as the 3rd world going without basic medicines.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:58 am

feck it. i don't really want to get involved in this argument and i'm buggering off for the weekend now anyway. there's a few poor people in the village i'm going to, maybe i'll ask them if they have the odd spleen i can pop in the fridge for when i need it.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:07 am

eugenics.

Before you go Andy what does this ^^ mean ?

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:19 am

its basically the idea of improving the human gene pool by weeding out the weak and the undesirable. it was central to hitler's philosophy and developed by darwin's cousin.

andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:26 am

andy_g wrote:its basically the idea of improving the human gene pool by weeding out the weak and the undesirable. it was central to hitler's philosophy and developed by darwin's cousin.

Cheers, have a nice weekend.

Do us a favour, grab a Liver off old mate aswell and keep it in the fridge for me.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:12 am

SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:17 am

eugenics always seemed such a bad idea. until the world gave us the neville brothers
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:55 am

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:57 pm

Sabre wrote:Image

Okay Bob, time to lock the thread  :D

Its funny to see a Spaniard post up a pick like that, when they absolutely had f.uckall to do with ousting the tirant !

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:57 pm

What are the odds of transferring diseases or sickness from taking organs out of those people in the 3rd world countries? It could be very risky.

I disapprove of the idea, I don't agree with it. I'll explain later. :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:03 pm

It is time to lock this thread and I don't want to see this discussion revisited because it will lead to WWIII on here.  I'm still in shock by what I've read, TBPH, and I'd rather just draw a line under the entire thing right now.  I don't care how boring the Benayoun discussions are at the moment...they at least aren't going to spawn Newkit Civil War.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Return to General Chat Forum