Oliver kay responds

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:55 pm

Well I know mate, and so they should. Whilst I think it's probably not the best thing to do, there's far too much nanny-stating going on in the World I think. People as I say should look into their hearts in all situations and do what they think is right. Using the behaviour of other fans, or other people in life as a benchmark though isn't the best way to make a decision I don't think. You say to your kids "I don't care that Tommy was throwing dog sh!t at the girls, if he was throwing himself off the cliff etc etc" and it's the same with grown ups.

Not always easy when your surrounded by your mates and loads of other fans, but I'd like to think I wouldn't sing something I thought was wrong. Those fellas will over time I guess make a decision based on their hearts, i'd just be a bit disappointed if it became an ironic "yiddos" type chant, or a "who the feck are Man Utd". I just think Liverpool supporters are better than that. If we (or they I probably don't have the right to use "we") take the p!ss it's funny. There's a big difference.

Like I say though, I'm not trying to tell anybody what to do. I'm just giving my opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:39 pm

bigmick wrote:Well I know mate, and so they should. Whilst I think it's probably not the best thing to do, there's far too much nanny-stating going on in the World I think. People as I say should look into their hearts in all situations and do what they think is right. Using the behaviour of other fans, or other people in life as a benchmark though isn't the best way to make a decision I don't think. You say to your kids "I don't care that Tommy was throwing dog sh!t at the girls, if he was throwing himself off the cliff etc etc" and it's the same with grown ups.

Not always easy when your surrounded by your mates and loads of other fans, but I'd like to think I wouldn't sing something I thought was wrong. Those fellas will over time I guess make a decision based on their hearts, i'd just be a bit disappointed if it became an ironic "yiddos" type chant, or a "who the feck are Man Utd". I just think Liverpool supporters are better than that. If we (or they I probably don't have the right to use "we") take the p!ss it's funny. There's a big difference.

Like I say though, I'm not trying to tell anybody what to do. I'm just giving my opinion.

Agree with that. Its down to each individuals nature. And many people are good natured. Not only Liverpool fans but Man Utd fans and Everton fans etc and so they find it themselves sickening when they hear these chants. Its simply sang to wind up the opposing fans and to cause trouble outside the stadium. Fortunately, there are many fans who dont appease the troublemakers and ignore them for the fools they are.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 am

There is no place for it in football although it is part of the package unfortunately!
If the Bitters sing about Heysel you can be rest assured that there will be someone who will retaliate with something unsavoury!
If the Mancs sing we have won it 3 times without killing anyone..equally you can be rest assured that there will be a comeback...thats the way it works.Football is a working class game and it comes with working class humour and sometimes lack of it!
Now I am not saying its right,should happen or is acceptable but it does!
A football club is just that and no matter how staunch or loyal their fans are they cannot be bound together and expected to all think the same and behave the same way......There will always be the one or two that are silly(like in school or work) that act the fool and lead others astray!
Two or three start singing a silly song others follow,thats the way it works.
Its not right but it happens and i really feel that although its wrong that its more to do with dark humour than actually taking glory in the unfortunate past events!
This sort of stuff has been there for years and will be for a lot more.That article written above has done nothing but stir up shi'te and highlight something thats always been there.FFS its heard on Sky TV but they just turn a blind ear,talk and let it pass.Its not gonna kill anyone,wrong as it is.
Its not a knew thing though..its more a sign of the times than an indictment on football fans IMO!
Again i wanna say i dont condone any of these songs and feel they are wrong,but sh,it happens!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:26 am

Astonishing revlation re:  “Without killing anyone, we’ve won it three times” acceptable (and that, unlikely as it may sound, was actually sung by the United players on the pitch at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow in May).

I've emailed kay to ask him to eveal who sang it or the url where they can be seen singing it. I think we should bomabrd MUFC to reveal the culprits. I'll get emailing I find this revelation utterly unbelievable!
:angry:

email for Man U for those who wanna emial them enquiries@manutd.co.uk
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:10 am

does it really matter in the bigger scheme of things who sang what, does anyone really think emailing the mancs an asking them will make one blind bit of difference.

the fact that just one reporter mentions it as an aside shows that nobody really heard them singing this or i am sure we would have heard about it before now. if they did sing this what real difference does it make to us? are we expecting an apology or expecting them to be docked points? we already know they are a despicable shower of kunts and we already know about them singing anti scouse songs at their xmas party.

and lets be honest here, we were singing the munich song along with other songs about the crash for many years before our own disasters made us step back and think, i grew up at the match listening to those songs so lets not try and take the high ground as though we have always been bastions of morality. the first song i heard from away supporters that actually riled our fans was after shankly died and the swansea fans sang about him in the anfield road and it kicked off.

kay is just spouting false indignation like some in this thread, he knows full well its the liverpool supporters responding to chants and rubbing their noses in it. big deal.

just be happy as reds our fans tend to not get involved in the bad chants anymore like we did in the 70's an early 80's, and anyone who disputes this obviously wasn't there
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:18 am

peewee wrote:does it really matter in the bigger scheme of things who sang what, does anyone really think emailing the mancs an asking them will make one blind bit of difference.

the fact that just one reporter mentions it as an aside shows that nobody really heard them singing this or i am sure we would have heard about it before now. if they did sing this what real difference does it make to us? are we expecting an apology or expecting them to be docked points? we already know they are a despicable shower of kunts and we already know about them singing anti scouse songs at their xmas party.

and lets be honest here, we were singing the munich song along with other songs about the crash for many years before our own disasters made us step back and think, i grew up at the match listening to those songs so lets not try and take the high ground as though we have always been bastions of morality. the first song i heard from away supporters that actually riled our fans was after shankly died and the swansea fans sang about him in the anfield road and it kicked off.

kay is just spouting false indignation like some in this thread, he knows full well its the liverpool supporters responding to chants and rubbing their noses in it. big deal.

just be happy as reds our fans tend to not get involved in the bad chants anymore like we did in the 70's an early 80's, and anyone who disputes this obviously wasn't there

I pretty much agree with that mate , but as a defense for lads singing on saturday .I'm not a murderer pee ,i'm pretty sure your not and i don't know any liverpool fan that is ,so they give it back to the b@stards after years of being called murderers . It sticks in thr throat sometimes mate ,you know well it does ,so they reacted ,wrongly probably but they did.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:34 am

peewee wrote:kay is just spouting false indignation like some in this thread, he knows full well its the liverpool supporters responding to chants and rubbing their noses in it. big deal.

Football is tribal, the idiots that sing and chant these things are doing so to hurt their rivals, to annoy them and they're all doing it to get a rise and response out of them. I doubt any of them feels strongly about the events they're singing and chanting about. It's a dark side of football, tribalism. Having goes at, and fights with rival tribes for not belonging to your's and being a member of one tribe makes them feel 'superior' as if in some way the mancs winning X Premiership titles somehow reflects on them each individually. (for example)

It goes beyond harmless banter, it's pathetic and should be left in the playgrounds of primary schools.

As for Heysel, the game should never have been played there as it proved to be a deathtrap. Only ignoramuses would say it was murder, it was at worst manslaughter as the fans did not intend to kill anyone. Pretty much the same for Hillsborough, the actions were stupid in letting fans in, but it was not intentional.

EDIT : but the bottom line is we don't need Oliver Kay commenting on it, that's unprofessional journalism no matter who informed or otherwise his OPINION is. It doesn't help, there are way too many idiots out there who would take his words as gospel
Last edited by Owzat on Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:41 am

Oliver Kay must have proof that they sang that otherwise The Times and him would be sued for liable and false accusations.

Ive seen a video of their chrimbo party Rooney is singing Build a bombfire put the scousers on the top.  :Oo:

So it wouldnt suprise me if they did sing it.

If our players sang anti manc songs they would be castigated, deducted points etc.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:58 am

Ciggy wrote:Oliver Kay must have proof that they sang that otherwise The Times and him would be sued for liable and false accusations.

Ive seen a video of their chrimbo party Rooney is singing Build a bombfire put the scousers on the top.  :Oo:

If our players sang anti manc songs they would be castigated, deducted points etc.

A scouser singing about burning scousers!
Clever boy!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1982 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:50 am

Number 9 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Oliver Kay must have proof that they sang that otherwise The Times and him would be sued for liable and false accusations.

A scouser singing about burning scousers!
Clever boy!! :laugh:

:D
LFC1982

Postby Ben1988 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:06 pm

I'm sure that scum players didnt start the song off themselves. It will have come from the crowd and IF scum players sang it with them I would hope that it was the type of players who would not be in the know.... players such as nani,teves,evra etc and therefore were probably just joining in with the crowd enjoying the moment, even this is pushing the limits tho.

If, on the other hand, G.Nev, Rooney etc were singing it, then something should be done about it because it is not acceptable.

Could you imagine what would happen if Jamie carragher was caught singing about Munich infront of the KOP???
Ben1988

Postby kunilson » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:38 pm

none of its right but it happens......players acting like that should be punished.....c.unts if they did do what was said.

this sort of thing will never stop with the intense rivalry we have, we can just keep tryin not to sink to their levels as much as we can.
never got that "without killing anyone" chant either, we didn't even win it that year. not that that was important...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush Job » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:19 pm

peewee wrote:we already know about them singing anti scouse songs at their xmas party.

Exactly mate, its nothing new and doesnt suprise me one bit.
Rooney singing about burning scousers, what a thick tw@t.

As long as we can still sing Garry neville shags his nan eh. :D
Last edited by Rush Job on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:29 pm

I find it difficult to disagree with most of what that article says...
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby WhIpLaSh » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:43 am

Although I agree with a lot of what is said in the article, I think he is opening up a can of worms again that just needs to be left the f*ck alone.

Perhaps he feels the need to get some personal PR out of all of this, because I don't see how highlighting this issue is for anyone's benefit besides his own.
Everytime you win, you're reborn. Everytime you lose, you die a little.
WhIpLaSh

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion