Watford v reading

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:51 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a videoclip of the ghost goal? I heard that the ball went wide and the linesman counted it as a goal.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Not the best quality, but here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9L_dlu67-g

Quite a strange decision to say the least  :D
JamCar05

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:07 pm

Cheers!

strange decision, whats the linesman on? must have one of those :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Strange indeed, and there was a Reading player was kicking the ball away from the Watford goal line.
More reasons to introduce television replays into the game.
That 'goal' could count for something for Watford towards the end of the season.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:01 am

This incident and many others just confirms to me what position the lower leagues are held in respect to the FA. Now when a bad decision is made in the premiership, dubious goal or whatever, its all over the news highlights on tv , the press are talking about it and managers are complaining. But take into account the lower leagues. The decisions in many matches every week are dubious. Look at the ref who sent off Terry and was proven wrong. Was he fined or banned? no the FA deemed the decision so bad he belonged in the lower of the leagues to officiate. The FA are a joke, this match, the decision, nothing will happen, because this helds no interest with them. When a ref has made a poor judgement his punishment it to serve in the lower leagues.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:37 am

on 909 last night, there was around 2 hours discussion on that goal and other bad decisions

quite interesting it was
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:38 pm

You could maybe just about understand the lines man's decision if he'd have been on the far side of the pitch from the side that the ball was, but the fact that he was on the same side makes it all the more ludicrous.

It was quite a strange weekend for referee's all over really and the time must have come for some trials of goal line technology to be brought in. Personally I don't like the idea of the video ref as that just opens up the door for every decision to be questioned by whinging pre-madonna's.
Simple goal line sensors to detect if the ball has crossed the line are as far as it should go as these are the decisions that can affect the games one way or the other.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:53 pm

I was listening to a discussion of the event on talkSPORT and they were asking who the goal should go to?

I had to laugh when someone suggested via SMS that it should go to Robbie Keane :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:20 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I was listening to a discussion of the event on talkSPORT and they were asking who the goal should go to?

I had to laugh when someone suggested via SMS that it should go to Robbie Keane :D

:D
JamCar05

Postby Judge » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:11 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I was listening to a discussion of the event on talkSPORT and they were asking who the goal should go to?

i text in kuyt , but my reply back was no way would he score

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:44 pm

I think what is needed more than goaline technology is offside assistance technology. Probably 10+ years away from even being considered (and then another 20 of people not wanting to use it) but the basis for the technology already exists. Pretty much I think we should put microscopicly small sensors on players boots and woven into the fabrics of the shirts (wouldn't be able to tell with the naken eye).  THen have sensors all over the pitch running along those ad boards as well as an overhead moving eye in the sky sensor similar to

then have LED lights lining the bottom of players boots and when a ball is played, if a player is in an offside position they boots light up a certain color and then its up to the referee to deterime if that player is influencing the play.

There would be no tv stops for replay, it would just take out the need for linesman because the computer can process the information faster and can tell easier when exactly the ball was played (sensor in the ball), and where exactly the players were.

This could revolutionize the game because a player could know instantly that he is offside and could ignore the ball and allow other players to run onto it. There would also big a big change in defending because there would be no need to stay up in line after a ball was played because there is no need to convince or trick a human person that the line was higher up than it actually was. Players would be trained to move up before its kicked but at the exact moment it is kicked there is no reason not to go and chase back.  Eventually you could get to the point where the offside line is digitally displayed live on the pitch  would allow attacking players to time their runs without having to look behind their heads all the time, while at the same time, defenders could more easily realize if they were they ones playing other people onside.
JoeTerp

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:13 pm

:no  :no  :no  :no  :no
LFC2007

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:20 pm

[quote="LFC2007"][/quote]
:D      :D       :D              :D             :D
JoeTerp

Return to Premiership - General Discussion