Congratulations

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby cheesecakery » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:05 pm

to Man U , by winning 2-1 at Anfeild , they won fair and square , no qualms and no quagmires :D
although we should have had 1 penalty and they should have had 2 :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby supersub » Sun Nov 09, 2003 8:20 pm

disagree cheesey you were obviously not there.Draw would have been a fair reflection,only because of our lack of chances created.possession wise we had better of the ball,they where very mediocre for long periods.nistelrooy was sh##e,heskey played well for the first 20 then did his usual hide.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:23 pm

A draw would have been right today! But we could have won if Murphy and Heskey had put away the best two chances in the game. There was no doubt about the penalty claim - we should have had it awarded. There were no claims by United for penalties in the game I went to watch - so I don't know where that's coming from.
I'm still concerned about the top three taking points of us, I don't like being cannon fodder for them! Too many Liverpool players went missing for long periods.
We look much better when we keep the tempo up and pass and move quickly. Slowing the game down just hands it back to the opponents.
By the way, for any United fans reading this post - your team were no great shakes today. One decent player -Giggs - the rest looked pretty ordinary. We should have taken you to the cleaners...maybe soon!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:10 pm

That's what is so frustrating at the moment Chelsea,Arsenal and Manu have been to Anfield and none of them has struck me as potential champions.For long periods we were the better side but we don't seem able to finish the job.There's a catch 22 situation here...GH is on the right lines with the attacking formation but he is blind to the fact that Heskey is not the player to lead that attack.Milan Baros is so missed it's untrue.We have to bring somebody in come January or we may well miss out on the 4th spot.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Return to Premiership - General Discussion