Managerial musical chairs is here again

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:54 am

Afternoon all,

3 weeks in and the managers are starting to drop like flies.

I don't have a long time to type today, but browsing the footie news, seeing the (defammatory) comments about Curbishly and also seeing the whole Keegan saga dragging on, I had a few questions that I wondered what you guys thought as well.

Avoiding the usual discussion of the ridiculousness of sacking someone after 3 weeks and the need for continuity etc

1. Is the manager solely to blame for an out of control wage bill and staff register? I can accept that there should be some responsibility there, but surely the board etc shoulder most of that responsibility as they provide the funding?

2. What do you make of Curbishly as a manager? Given that I have only observed him running what I would class as lower performing teams in general, how do you measure success and effectiveness?

3. Switching to Keegan, has he really been sold down the river as he seems to be claiming, or is he the master of his own disaster?

4. As a manager how do you rate Keegan? We all know the attractive, entertaining football he favours, but that hasn't brought in much silverware. Can he cut it in the top flight?

5. I've seen a lot of comments stating that there are no alternatives to replace Rafa (note I am not suggesting this is what I favour), but if Keegan came on the market, how would you feel about him taking control? Would our approach play become more effective? Given the era that he comes from, would he have a positive effect on the club by maybe instilling some old school values back that many here seem to think we're missing nowadays.

I hope this hasn't been covered elsewhere, will have to admit to skimming at the moment, so apologies if this is the case.

Looking forward to your comments.
Homebooby

Postby dawson99 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

1,2,3 can all be answered with the directors. the directors want more and more control, which justy isnt on. Curbishley may not be the best, but it wasnt him who sold some of the players he wanted to keep,a nd his position became untenable. with Keegan it all came down to blows with dennis wise. some say it was about owen, i heard it was about smith being sold to everton, keegan agreed it, wise said not on his shift. small man syndrome trying to be the big man.

4+5 i like keegan, just the type of manager we need if you ask me. passion and knowing the prem league and everyone says he is newcastles son, but he is ours, he was always better in the red of liverpool. hed inject something thats been missing with this club for years... or he could be another souness lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Keegan is muck, end of. Hasn't got the bottle to be a Premiership manager. Hasn't got the nous. This is the second time he'll have parted from his job, for whatever reasons.
Under no circumstances would I welcome him....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Return to Premiership - General Discussion