Unbelievable

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 28, 2008 8:38 pm

At an independent Regulatory Commission hearing today, charges against Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and assistant manager Carlos Queiroz were found not proved.

Ferguson and Queiroz were charged with improper conduct in relation to media comments made following Manchester United's FA Cup Sixth Round tie against Portsmouth in March.

Ferguson's charge concerned comments about referee Martin Atkinson and PGMO General Manager Keith Hackett, while Queiroz's charge related to comments about Martin Atkinson.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA....ven.htm

This is what was said at the time: Ferguson: "Managers get sacked because of things like that and he [Atkinson] is going to referee next week? It's ridiculous. I don't blame Portsmouth. If you're going to come here you know you're going to get off with these things ... I think Keith Hackett's got a lot to answer for in this country. I don't think he's doing his job properly. He's got his favourites, as everyone knows."

Queiroz: "The referee is a disgrace. He deserves somebody to come to the side of the pitch after five minutes, give him a red card and pull him out of the game. That is my opinion of this robber. We did our job, Portsmouth did their job but the referee didn't."

So I take it every manager can say what they want next season without punishment? No I dont think so, one rule for them another set of rules for others.

FA corrupt feckers.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 28, 2008 8:59 pm

can't say i'm surprised to be honest  :no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:07 pm

No one should be allowed to be given a title like SIR while still taking part in competetive sport
especially that b@stard!It should(if deserved) be given after they retire!
Ever since he got that knighthood he has clearly been given preferential treatment time and time again.
Every one and their granny knows it.I suppose the fact he won the League and the C/L had something to do with him getting off as well!
He's becoming almost untouchable! :no
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed May 28, 2008 10:40 pm

What can you do, he calls the chief referee a waste of space and the referee in his game a cheat. How can he be not charged for comments like that.

No back bone from the FA yet again.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed May 28, 2008 11:54 pm

you whisky nose fu####

me thinks fergie knows high up people in the fa...      :angry:    :angry:    :angry:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu May 29, 2008 12:50 am

Im surprised at the reaction. A key game against Liverpool and the advantage is given because the ref books Torres for being fouled and Mascha sent off for him asking to justify it in the politest way possible. Then ferguson asks for the same ref to referee their final game in what was a vital game for the season and he duly delivers. Its not down to his title as Sir, he has always had an influence, I still remember that sheffield game where countless minutes were added, and the penalty against man city in a cup game that never was. Until he retires we will always play against 14 men when we play them.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 29, 2008 10:10 am

Fergie and Queiroz cleared of improper conduct by FA following ref slur after Pompey Cup defeat but FA plan appeal
By Chris Wheeler Last updated at 10:54 PM on 28th May 2008

The FA were last night considering taking the extraordinary step of challenging their own disciplinary process after Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and his assistant Carlos Queiroz escaped punishment over a charge of improper conduct.

An independent four-man commission cleared Ferguson and Queiroz after they publicly questioned the integrity of referee Martin Atkinson after United's FA Cup defeat to Portsmouth in March.

Ferguson's outburst even escalated into a full-scale rant at referees' chief Keith Hackett. Last night an FA spokesman said: "We are surprised and disappointed by the verdict."

The rules were changed last summer to allow the FA to appeal if they feel a judgment is radically wrong. A decision will be made by early next week at the latest, with any challenge to be heard by a three-man independent panel.

Ferguson was incensed after seeing Sulley Muntari score the only goal from the spot to put Pompey into the semifinals when he felt United had earlier been denied a blatant penalty for Sylvain Distin's block on Cristiano Ronaldo.

"It's absolutely ridiculous," he fumed. "I cannot explain it. Managers get sacked because of things like that and he's going to referee a game next week. That performance should not be accepted by our game."

After claiming Portsmouth were encouraged because they knew the referee "was on their side", Ferguson turned his fury on Hackett, the man in charge of the Professional Game Match Officials Board.

"I think Keith Hackett's got a lot to answer for," said Ferguson. 'I don't think he's doing his job properly and he needs to be assessed.

"He's got his favourites, as everyone knows. You look at the refs we get away from home - Steve Bennett, Mark Clattenburg, Phil Dowd, all these people - we never get them at home, always away, and I think that tells you everything about him (Hackett).

"Clattenburg - oh, Jesus, God." One reason for the commission's decision not to take action is believed to be the fact that Queiroz denied calling Atkinson "a robber", claiming he was misquoted.

He also apologised for comments he made about Birmingham defender Martin Taylor. But he did question the referee's impartiality and also suggested poor officials should be replaced during games.

"The referee is a disgrace," said Queiroz. 'What we cannot accept are referees who watch only one side. "This referee deserves somebody to come to the side of the pitch, give him a red card and pull him out of the game."
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu May 29, 2008 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri May 30, 2008 9:05 am

i think the FA appealed against the decision?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby PhiLFC » Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 am

Of course he's got friends in high places.... how do you think he got knighted in the first place?  I mean what can they give him now that he's won the title and the CL again?  The cunt was caught speeding down the hard shoulder of the M602 (in Manchester) a few years back and what fine did he get?  Nothing!
PhiLFC

Return to General Chat Forum