Dodgy phonecalls and scams. - Whocallsme.com

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 19, 2008 1:09 pm

If you ever get phone calls on your mobile or at home and you don't know who they are or you don't want to answer cos you don't know who they are. You can go to this website

www.whocallsme.com

and they will tell you who they are and if its a scam or not .

You will be able to tell them to f.uck right off next time they call. :D  :cool:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:28 pm

I used get calls on my mobile all the time from somewhere in London!
They knew my first name and last name.Sometimes it was a man and other times a woman.

They first said my name asked me how i was and then asked if i would like to donate to a childrens cancer charity that i had previously said i would help monthly.(via a card transaction)

I had never said this to anyone over the phone.
When i asked how they got my name and number they always dodged the question.
It went on for months anything from once a week somethimes 20 times a week,other times 3 calls in a day.Sometimes it was a London number and others it was witheld.

I know its not a big deal but its a pain in the a'ss and after a while you begin to get paranoid,what if they can get your bank details etc?Or use what if they know enough of you to use in an in identity theft.
I phoned O2 and asked if they could bar the number,they said i would have to contact the nuisnce calls bureau(whatever the fu.ck that is)!

The calls kept coming towards the end i kept telling them to Fu.ck off and hung up but they still kept calling back more and more.My mate told me to get a whistle like a ref would use and the next time they called to take my ear away from the speaker and blow it down the phone as hard as i could,apparently the the phone magnifies it and it aint very pleasant on the other end.
It worked anyway i hope it burst the bast'ards ear drum!The calls have stopped since.

It just goes to show how low people will go to try and obtain your bank details using a kids cancer charity as a way to tug on the heartstrings,sick sick people!

The worrying thing is though there are people out there that are daft and gullible enough to fall for such schemes,if there were not these fu'ckers would not be doing what they do!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon May 19, 2008 10:55 pm

Cheers for that Igor. We have been getting phonecalls lately that, when we answer its an answering machine telling us its directing a the call elsewhere so I just hang up. Now it could be genuine (if it is the lazy feckers can call me directly !) but im guessing it isnt so I just hang up.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Tue May 20, 2008 12:26 am

referees whistle you say :p
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue May 20, 2008 7:43 am

Igor Zidane wrote:If you ever get phone calls on your mobile or at home and you don't know who they are or you don't want to answer cos you don't know who they are. You can go to this website

www.whocallsme.com

You will be able to tell them to f.uck right off next time they call. :D  :cool:

if you dont answer them, how are you gonna know who they are?
you cant go to website and register them, if you dont speak to them first!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 am

Judge wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:If you ever get phone calls on your mobile or at home and you don't know who they are or you don't want to answer cos you don't know who they are. You can go to this website

www.whocallsme.com

If you go to the website and type in the number in the search , it will come up with posts that other people have sent in ,obviously they have registered the number. 99% of the time the number will have been registered by someone else and you will find out where the number is from by there posts. ???
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue May 20, 2008 12:52 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Judge wrote:

www.whocallsme.com

If you go to the website and type in the number in the search , it will come up with posts that other people have sent in ,obviously they have registered the number. 99% of the time the number will have been registered by someone else and you will find out where the number is from by there posts. ???

oh i see

what if the number is witheld?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue May 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Judge wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Judge wrote:

www.whocallsme.com

oh i see

what if the number is witheld?

:angry: f.uck off judge

:laugh:  :;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue May 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Igor Zidane wrote::angry: f.uck off judge

that should be an automatic newkit response to every post from Judge.

:p

just kidding  :D
Last edited by babu on Tue May 20, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 20, 2008 1:52 pm

:laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum