Hello!

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby RB! » Mon May 05, 2008 4:20 am

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself to everyone here! I'll admit that I am quite a newbie when it comes to European soccer. I can call it football if you all prefer. I am American as you can probably tell.

Anyway, I was looking over the Premier League rosters, because I was trying to pick a team to root for. Fernando Torres, Fabio Aurelio, Peter Crouch, and David Martin all caught my eye. I'm an avid international football fan. I absolutely love watching the World Cup and recently have been trying to get into actual football clubs.

So, I thought Liverpool FC would be a fun team to root for. My only means of watching football is GolTV, which is a pretty good channel, except they don't show many Premiership games. I know the season is about over, but I'm getting pretty excited for UEFA 08-09 coming up!

I hope I'm not sounding too much like a newbie. This is all a big learning process for me, so bear with me! Thanks!
RB!

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon May 05, 2008 2:28 pm

welcome aboard mate, but some adivce to start off with.

1) it is football not soccer
2) have you just been on the l'pool website because nobody other than liverpool fans and avid premiership fans would know to much about David Martin
3) Liverpool aren't in the UEFA cup 08-09 so I can't say I'm looking forward to that as much as you

But welcome aboard again, and enjoy posting. You should learn something about Liverpool during your stay on here, if it's just something as basic as Rafa Benitez is our current manager.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:09 pm

champions league is also UEFA tho isn't it? :D

welcome aboard dude, you'll like it here, no bickering or anything
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RB! » Mon May 05, 2008 4:45 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:welcome aboard mate, but some adivce to start off with.

2) have you just been on the l'pool website because nobody other than liverpool fans and avid premiership fans would know to much about David Martin
3) Liverpool aren't in the UEFA cup 08-09 so I can't say I'm looking forward to that as much as you

But welcome aboard again, and enjoy posting. You should learn something about Liverpool during your stay on here, if it's just something as basic as Rafa Benitez is our current manager.

Maybe I am a little confused with David Martin. I was just thinking that I had heard his name quite a bit before, but maybe not.

Also, about UEFA. I did mean the 2008-09 Champions League, so hopefully that makes sense now, lol.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and I'm going to try to learn as much as possible while I'm here! :grinning:
RB!

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon May 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Welcome to to the forum mate.

If your after some live football, then you can watch them over a stream like sopcast ot TVants.

Here' a good site to get you going.You'll have to download sopcast ot TVants first so that you can stream the games.  Click on the the little TV box on the right and side of the game you want top want to stream, then select the appropriate stream.  For instance, I stream a number of Liverpool FC games from True Visons using the sopcast feed.

http://www3.myp2p.eu/competi....ootball

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Mon May 05, 2008 9:46 pm

RB! wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:welcome aboard mate, but some adivce to start off with.

Maybe I am a little confused with David Martin. I was just thinking that I had heard his name quite a bit before, but maybe not.

Also, about UEFA. I did mean the 2008-09 Champions League, so hopefully that makes sense now, lol.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and I'm going to try to learn as much as possible while I'm here! :grinning:

good to have you on board, and I knew you meant the champions league, I was just being picky (you'll get used to that from me the more you post)  :laugh:
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Judge » Tue May 06, 2008 8:35 am

welcome mate and happy posting  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Introductions Forum