Hello fro croatia

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby Alan.hr » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:03 am

Hello,
I'm Alan from Croatia, country that english fans don't like too much :)
So, I'm 34, sports journalist, father of 2 year old boy Jan and, big fan of FC Hajduk Split and of course - Liverpool.
Alan.hr

Postby europian-kings » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:02 pm

hi mate, welcome to the forums...
i dont mind croatia....i just don't like their manager when he was going berserk wen u won :angry:
lol.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Alan.hr » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:03 pm

Slaven Bilic is a great guy and very good manager. These days croatian newspapers said that Fulham and West Ham wants him. Not a chance, he wouldnt leave Croatia for the richest contract in the world.
But, speaking of croatian national team, let's to be honest - it's not just Slaven, Croatia has numbers of great players: Eduardo da Silva, Corluka, Kranjcar, Modric, Nico & Robert Kovac, Petric, Rakitic, Olic... They all play in big european teams.
Alan.hr

Postby europian-kings » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:37 am

you have a good team....i agree....but you can see why we are disapoitned because really if all england players played as good for their country as they do for their clubs, no offence but i dont think any croatians would get in our side.....unfortunatly...we dont :(
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Alan.hr » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:53 pm

Absolutely. Croatia won two games against England not because Croatia have better players. But difference is not in quality, diference is somewhere else, it's just what you said - motivation.
I saw England vs. Croatia on Wembley month ago, and for me - except Beckham, Gerard and Crouch, in England team I didn't see any player who really wants to win. I think biggest part of English players thought that Croatia will not play, just surrender.
Secondly, English national team was 11 players on the pitch, but they didnt look like a team.
OK, my Croatia won, but I was really dissapointed. What is European championship without England?
Alan.hr

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:08 pm

Alan.hr wrote:Absolutely. Croatia won two games against England not because Croatia have better players. But difference is not in quality, diference is somewhere else, it's just what you said - motivation.
I saw England vs. Croatia on Wembley month ago, and for me - except Beckham, Gerard and Crouch, in England team I didn't see any player who really wants to win. I think biggest part of English players thought that Croatia will not play, just surrender.
Secondly, English national team was 11 players on the pitch, but they didnt look like a team.
OK, my Croatia won, but I was really dissapointed. What is European championship without England?

You've already raised some key points, but I feel there are two you've missed, which may or may not be apparent to someone out side England and/or unaffected by the stinking vermin that is the English media:

1. The manager our FA appointed (McLaren) had the brains of a Wilderbeast, and slightly less footballing knowledge.

2. Due to his ginger-haired incompetence, he picked players who the media decided were good enough, rather than effective team players.

Fat Frank, Joe Cole, Wes f*cking Brown, Alan Smith, and at least 10 other player used during his reign are barely good enough to play in the Premiership, let alone for their national side.

It was obvious from the off that Fat Frank and Stevie Gerrard couldn't play in the same team, as the burger-eating b*stard needs 3 players to gimp for him whilst he hovers on the edge of the area, waiting for a golden opportunity to deflect a goal.
Any coach worth his salt would have decided which player he preferred (only a complete goon would pick the flabster), dropped the other, and set up his team accordingly.

But no. Not the ginger whinger.

ANyhoo - welcome to the forum Alan.  :)

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alan.hr » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
1. The manager our FA appointed (McLaren) had the brains of a Wilderbeast, and slightly less footballing knowledge.

:)
Here in Croatia we got manager called 'Croatian Steve McLaren'. Why he has that nickname? Because he don't now anything about football, but he is constantly in charge with croatian premier league clubs. Why? Nobody knows.

2. Due to his ginger-haired incompetence, he picked players who the media decided were good enough, rather than effective team players.

Fat Frank, Joe Cole, Wes f*cking Brown, Alan Smith, and at least 10 other player used during his reign are barely good enough to play in the Premiership, let alone for their national side.

Biggest 'enigma' for me was Gareth Barry, and his role in McLarens's first 11. He looked like he is totaly lost. It was like England played with 10 vs. croatian 11.

ANyhoo - welcome to the forum Alan.  :)

Thank you, I hope that my poor english is not too big problem.
Alan.hr

Return to Introductions Forum