Jens lehmann - What a tw*t

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:30 am

Don't know if this would be thw right place to post this but I could not believe the total lack of repect in this muppets comments

Lehmann is a t00L

Lehmann issues threat to Wenger 

Lehmann is not happy at playing second fiddle to Almunia
Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann has warned he may publicly air his grievances with Arsene Wenger if he does not play soon.
Lehmann's errors and injuries at the start of the season gave Manuel Almunia his chance and he is now first-choice ahead of the fit-again German stopper.

The 37-year-old told German TV channel Premiere: "I think - and this is aimed at my dear manager - one shouldn't humiliate players for too long.

"It's possible that some day I'll feel like talking about the whole issue."

Lehmann's comments came after he was left out of the Arsenal squad against Bolton last Saturday - a game he expected to play in after impressing for Germany earlier this month.

Almunia has not yet showed that he can win matches for us

Jens Lehmann

But Wenger, who dropped Lehmann after he gifted Blackburn an equaliser in the 1-1 draw on 19 August, stuck with Almunia and put young keeper Lukasz Fabianski on the bench.

Almunia was once again in goal for Wednesday's 7-0 win over Slavia Prague, although Lehmann did return to the bench.

"At the moment I'm just swallowing it all as part of the humiliation. That's something one has to take in, " Lehmann said.

"But I'm an Arsenal player and I won't just fade away quietly."

Wenger was asked about Lehmann's outburst following his side's demolition of Slavia.

"I don't want to humiliate anybody," said the Gunners boss. "We have three world-class goalkeepers and we can only play one."

But Lehmann is bemused by Wenger's assertion that he has three "world-class" goalkeepers to pick from.

"One of them must be me," he suggested. "The other two have proved their class by winning titles? If I think about that, I can't recall any. I guess today you're nevertheless world-class."

Lehmann won the Uefa Cup in 1997 with Schalke 04, the Bundesliga title in 2002 with Borussia Dortmund and the Premier League with Arsenal in 2004.

And he made it clear he feels he should still be the number one at the Emirates Stadium.

"I'm convinced that I'll be playing again. Almunia has not yet showed that he can win matches for us," Lehmann added.

"I've experienced this situation before and know what the others are expecting from the goalkeeper. I can't imagine he'll be able to handle that."

:blush:  Im embarrassed for him
burjennio

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:11 am

I posted this in the rotation thread, mate, but it's fine here as well.  I couldn't believe he would say what he said about a teammate, TBH.  As I said in the other thread, if these comments were true and I was his "dear coach" I'd pack his bags for him right now.  Disgraceful stuff. :no
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:40 am

I'd pull him up in front of the whole squad, backroom staff and tea lady and tell him he'll never play for the club again as his blunders have cost the team points this season. Then he can see just what humiliation feels like.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's jumped up little tarts like this guy who think that just because he's played a couple of international games he's a world class keeper.

Disgraceful behaviour. :no
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tithead » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:48 pm

Article from the Independent

Not entirely the same, but similar.
tithead

Postby burjennio » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:27 pm

i don't think the 2 articles can be compared in any way, the independent one is total sensationalism, which don't feature any direct quotes while the other is an interview with Lehmann, where he questions the quality of his competition and greatly overvalues his own diminishing abilities - looking like a pr*k in the process
burjennio

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I posted this in the rotation thread, mate, but it's fine here as well.  I couldn't believe he would say what he said about a teammate, TBH.  As I said in the other thread, if these comments were true and I was his "dear coach" I'd pack his bags for him right now.  Disgraceful stuff. :no

Almunia may not be among the best 5 keepers in Spain, but he's already be known for being a good professional and be a good team mate.

He has known to wait his chance, and by the looks of it, he's doing well, so the least he deserves is a bit of respect.

Disgraceful.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:30 am

Egos in football! Never good for team morale. Arsenal are flying without Henry and Jans.

A good mate of mine is a gooner and he is loving it at the moment but he is scared of us for sunday. And admits we have the best squad in the league. He is honest  :rasp
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Feugo » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:28 am

When Oliver Kahn became Germany's no.2 goalkeeper he doesn't even act like that. Lehmann cries a lot. ???
En taro tassadar!

ImageImage
Feugo

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:16 pm

T.W.A.T. His time is over, why won't he just recognise it!
JamCar05

Postby tithead » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:51 pm

hello_red wrote:Egos in football! Never good for team morale. Arsenal are flying without Henry and Jans.

A good mate of mine is a gooner and he is loving it at the moment but he is scared of us for sunday. And admits we have the best squad in the league. He is honest  :rasp

Conclusive evidence, can't argue with that.
tithead

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:45 pm

Jens Lehmann is a f*cking disgrace, and should be thrown in with the kids for the rest of his Goon career.

Almunia should nut the c*nt, too.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:17 pm

You can't disrespect Wenger like that.

Lehmann has got to go. Alumunia is a fine keeper.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:26 am

Late reaction i know, but...

What on earth was going through his mind? Surely if he wants to regain his spot, this is not the way to go about it. Maybe this sort of rhetoric would work on a new manager of a lesser club, but how he can even think this would help his situation?

IMO, he must be forcing a transfer, either that or he is incredibly stupid.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Researcher4Fans » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:59 pm

I like Lehmann...
Researcher4Fans

Return to Premiership - General Discussion