Afternoon

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby YAWL » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:14 pm

It is indeed Mr Miyagi...

You like?
YAWL

Postby dawson99 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:40 am

lies!!!

his first name was Kesuke! how dare you test my karate kid knowledge!!!

Mr. Miyagi has a deep philosophical knowledge of life and has extraordinary martial arts skill. His character is most likely a descendant of Chojun Miyagi, the legendary founder of Goju Ryu Karate, as Miyagi refers to his style of karate as Miyagi-do karate. Also, Mr. Miyagi's knowledge of Chinese acupressure techniques as well as the Crane Kick show that the style of karate he practices is very likely Goju Ryu. Lastly, the real Chojun Miyagi was indeed able to catch flies with chopsticks, something Mr. Miyagi tries to do throughout the series.
Last edited by dawson99 on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:10 am

i like karate kid. :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:37 am

dawson99 wrote:lies!!!

Mr. Miyagi has a deep philosophical knowledge of life and has extraordinary martial arts skill. His character is most likely a descendant of Chojun Miyagi, the legendary founder of Goju Ryu Karate, as Miyagi refers to his style of karate as Miyagi-do karate. Also, Mr. Miyagi's knowledge of Chinese acupressure techniques as well as the Crane Kick show that the style of karate he practices is very likely Goju Ryu. Lastly, the real Chojun Miyagi was indeed able to catch flies with chopsticks, something Mr. Miyagi tries to do throughout the series.

Forget Miyagi, the Korean fighter Choi Baedel would've wiped the floor with him .

Excerpted from masutatsuoyama.com.

Masutatsu Oyama (Choi Baedal) took on all challengers, resulting in fights with 270 different people .The vast majority of these were defeated with one punch! A fight never lasted more than three minutes, and most rarely lasted more than a few seconds. His fighting principle was simple — if he (Choi) got through to you, that was it.

If he hit you, you broke. If you blocked a rib punch, your arm was broken or dislocated. If you didn't block, your rib was broken. He became known as the Godhand, a living manifestation of the Japanese warriors' maxim ichi geki, hissatsu (one strike, certain death). To him, this was the true aim of technique in karate. The fancy footwork and intricate techniques were secondary (though he was also known for the power of his head kicks).

Check out the movie "Fighter in the Wind"
Last edited by woof woof ! on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:01 am

woof woof ! wrote:
dawson99 wrote:lies!!!

Forget Miyagi, the Korean fighter Choi Baedel would've wiped the floor with him .

Excerpted from masutatsuoyama.com.

Masutatsu Oyama (Choi Baedal) took on all challengers, resulting in fights with 270 different people .The vast majority of these were defeated with one punch! A fight never lasted more than three minutes, and most rarely lasted more than a few seconds. His fighting principle was simple — if he (Choi) got through to you, that was it.

If he hit you, you broke. If you blocked a rib punch, your arm was broken or dislocated. If you didn't block, your rib was broken. He became known as the Godhand, a living manifestation of the Japanese warriors' maxim ichi geki, hissatsu (one strike, certain death). To him, this was the true aim of technique in karate. The fancy footwork and intricate techniques were secondary (though he was also known for the power of his head kicks).

Check out the movie "Fighter in the Wind"

scary  :sniffle
maypaxvobiscum

Postby YAWL » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:32 pm

dawson99 wrote:Miyagi refers to his style of karate as Miyagi-do karate.

Yeah that's correct actually.  Good point.

"Miyagi know Karate" :D
YAWL

Postby Salty Sock » Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:23 pm

YAWL wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:i know i know!!
its ''Y Are We Losing''

:D

It can be if you wish.

I just made up a username.

We know you are lying  :)
I will still be your friend though. You can contact me for support because they not liking you  :)
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby YAWL » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:32 pm

They like me. :D
YAWL

Postby Salty Sock » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:04 am

YAWL wrote:They like me. :D

Just make sure it is always the good input :)
They like me too.
Salty Honors Acceptee List: Graham01, grayghost, dawson99, Bamaga Man, GYBS, LegBarnes, frankp57, Toffeehater, crazyhorse , Number 9, dward, Judge, Sabre :) PM for info!

Salty Sock

Postby louiswyp » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:58 pm

oriental guy supports LiverpoolFC too, You'll never walk alone
louiswyp

Location: china, sichuan province, sichuan agriculture univercity

Postby babu » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:02 pm

dawson99 wrote:you'll always walk alone... wum!

thas what i think :;):

spot on i reckon dawson.

(but i also reckoned s@int was WUM, so wtf i know)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:05 pm

babu wrote:
dawson99 wrote:you'll always walk alone... wum!

thas what i think :;):

spot on i reckon dawson.

(but i also reckoned s@int was WUM, so wtf i know)

I'm just biding my time Babu  :D
account deleted by request

Previous

Return to Introductions Forum