Best horror movie - Ever !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:40 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Not classed as a horror movie but "alien" was f'ucking disturbing. I went to see it when it first came out , bought a ticket then took a stroll outside the cinema and smoked a big spliff, went back inside just as the movie started. Spent the next 2 hours on the edge of my seat with my heart going like the clappers and wishing the ordeal would end  .

:D

all without actually watching the movie  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:42 pm

Agreed about those Alien films.  Especially the first one.  Deffo the scariest film I've seen.  They get worse as films by the sequel but all still watchable films because of the Xenomorphs.  I read about these films all the time on Wikipedia etc...

I don't buy DVD's any more but I think I might just buy myself the full box set.  I've not saw Alien vs predator.

Growing up, two films I watched at the age of 14. 

Pennywise the Dancing Clown from It was the stuff of nightmares.  I remember one hot summer night lying in my bed wide awake as I couldn't sleep.  I was looking at my open window as I had convinced myself that the bastard was going to come through it at any time.

Also, you should not watch Candyman if you're 14 years old.

:D  Is anyone brave enough to say Candyman three times to themselves into a mirror?  I'm fucking not and I'm 28 in three weeks!!!!! :D
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby dawson99 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:05 pm

isnt it 5 times u gotta say it anyway? if u wont even say 3... then u a real puss....

IT was great...until i realised how fricking muchbetter the book was
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:10 pm

Don't know.  Five?  Three?  Either way.  Still not doing it.

'It' was a blinding book as well, yes.
jonnymac1979

Postby Mikz » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:19 pm

Im hopeless with this kind of movie. But as a kid the one that scared me was Evil Dead.  :oops: Aye everyone said it was a comedy , I wasnt laughin! Can still see her sitting , all in white singing 'we're gonna get ya '  And the girl reading the cards -jack offff spades ace of hearts arghhhh.
I quit watchin them after that, although watched the grudge with the wife one night and it gave us both nightmares  :laugh:
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:59 pm

I spit on your Grave, scared the cr@p out of me, but then I was only 12 when I seen it. But I have seen The Grudge and its quite scarey. As a rule I dont watch horror movies. Prefare a good girlie movie :D
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:29 pm

The Grudge 1 and The Grudge 2, I think are very very scary.

anyone watched 1804? people told me it gives you the creeps.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:47 pm

PhiLFC wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Reinas No.1 Fan wrote:My Little Pony.

Had me shaking from head to toe :p :p

no seriously im still seeing the head doctor. :p

My scariest film has got to be The Thing that was great, and visually brilliant for its time

The Thing is one of my favorite films of all time. Nothing modern today (save for 30 Days of Night) has the same sense of dread and style of this film. It's f*cking brilliant and a sequel - not a remake - should be done. To this day, it's the only film to give me crazy dreams that were actually scary involving those crazy tentacle things that flail everywhere when it's bursting out of the dog. Creepy.

Other class horror films were Day of the Dead and Dawn (the originals, not the bollox remakes that everyone seems to think are better). Yeah, that's right: they are remaking Day and it should be out soon. Google for the trailer. It looks f*cking awful. D*ckheads! Why can't they just do a remake of the original as it was? It would have been class. If they tossed Romero a mega budget, he'd make a zombie horror film that would be stunning.

The Exorcist was probably the most frighteningly evil film ever made. Most people laugh and think it was a joke. Well those people can f*ck off. That film was creepy as f*ck, especially when she turned her head all the way round with that horrid face and said something in that  evil old English tone accent after stabbing herself with a cross. Freaked the f*ck out of me, that did.

Don't know whether you're aware but "The Thing" (with Kurt Russell - 1982) is a remake of "The Thing from Another World" (1951) which was the scariest film I've ever seen.  Monochrome  and a proper sense of being cut off in the Arctic... its a classic.  Maybe its because I was a youngster when I saw it the first time and there wasn't much in the way of special effects back then but I was scared shitless.  Get it on DVD and watch it... and then watch the Kurt Russell version.  They are both equally brilliant horror films.

Apparently there's gonna be another remake!!!  All they could do in a remake is show more blood and guts and CGI stuff.

Alien - now there's a classic and one of my favourite films of all time, but if you think about it it's basically a similar story to "The Thing".  Humans in isolation being hunted by a scary alien monster that is significantly stronger than a human.  Predator anyone? A similar idea, another of my faves but not scary.

Yes, I am aware of that. I haven't seen the original, though. And if it's true that they are making another remake, then I don't think I'll watch it as I just know for a fact that adding CGI to a film that good would just ruin it. Hollywood producers just don't get it these days. Part of the scare factor in those films were due to the fact at how well the special effects teams in those days did with what they had. They had to work hard with the director to get it looking right, and as such create the illusion that it was really there on screen with some good lighting and camera work. Just take a look at Day Of The Dead's special effects. Romero and Tom Savini had a meager budget to work with, and for me to this day, they are some of the best special effects I've ever seen in a horror.

John Carpenter has been sadly left behind the times, much like Romero. His other classic, The Fog, scared the sh*t out of me. It's just a brilliantly made film and is all down to the director. I skipped the remake simply because I knew it wouldn't be as good. To add too many CGI effects into films like these just takes away the illusion of realism IMO.

Alien was a good call. Not a typical Horror film, but what it does, it does better than most so called proper horror films. It builds suspense. For me, what you don't see but know it's there, is always the scariest part. The tension Alien builds in some scenes is unrivaled  , and just when you least expect it, it jumps out. I must admit, the air duct scene literally almost made me fall out of the seat, I jumped that much.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:11 pm

Spot on Emerald... the air duct scenes were absolutely superb horror, suspense and edge of the seat stuff - it's such a long time ago when I watched it for the first time... 1979/80.. Bejesus!  Just googled it - 27 years ago... now that's fucking scary :down:
PhiLFC

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:08 am

NiftyNeil wrote:The scariest film of all time is not a horror film. I can guarantee that this film has had more of an affect on peoples lives than any horror film ever made. It has a soundtrack that still send shivers up people's spines when they hear it. It caused me many a sleepless night as a boy. The film? Jaws. Who can go into the sea and not think of Jaws? It still put me on edge, especially the music. Whenever I hear it I feel threatened.
Out of horror films though I'd go with the Fog. It absolutely terrified me the first time I saw it. And the most over-rated for being scary, Salems Lot and The Exorcist.

Ha Ha, my 100th post.
:cool: 

Do I get a prize now? :D

Forgot about that one ! The Fog. That was brilliant, I didnt see that until my teens and it scared the cack out of me !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:50 pm

My faves are;
Hellraiser
Ring
Salems Lot
The Shinning
Candy Man
Evil Dead 2
Alien/Aliens
The Thing

A film I can recommend you all watch is 'Penny Dreadful'. Sounds a bit dodgy but its 90 minutes of a girl being stuck in a car in a wood being tormented by an escaped lunatic. Although she does have very quiet company in the car  :glare:
Check it out.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum