Not proforming - Why are we going down hill

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby greenred » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:26 pm

duff is comparable to harry but we certainly got the bargain.if big bucks chelski hadnt come along we could have had both for 15 million.now that would have given us options!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TJAMES » Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:51 pm

duff is s##t
sup ppl
TJAMES

Postby supersub » Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:19 pm

duff is a total waste for £17 million.His goals for games ratio is poor.
Harry is magnificent and he loves playing in the red shirt,it's a dream come true for any Liverpool supporter.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby big al » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:30 am

I think its unfair to say Duff is a waste of £17 million. He's a brilliant player. I do think however that we got the best deal with Kewell.  I think that there is something happening at Liverpool.  I ve noticed a couple of players starting to raise their game Ie Diao and even Biscan who I wish we had never bought but anyway.  I am no longer as pessimistic about our chances this year.  The early defeats may have actually taken some presssure of the players.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby greenred » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:44 pm

all these things are relative.ferdinand 30mil,veron29mil,barthez10mil,heskey11mil,mendieta30mil etc etc.amongst that lot duff was a bargain.Of course compared to harry he is expensive but harry was a steal.the only reason we got him so cheap was we had leeds over a barrel.How much would we have had to pay chelski? or arsenal?20million maybe?not such a bargain anymore and a lot more pressure on harry.Errikson ( he picked the players) knew what he was getting with duff,100% commitment and the ability to turn defenders inside out.he is the kind of player who makes defenders s##t themselves.not many of them around.He is an easy going bloke and just wants to play football thats why he didnt bother waiting till near the end of his contract to secure a better deal for himself,unlike harry.He has an ocasional pint in my local pub and although i never met him i heard he was devestated when he was booed at anfield first match of the season.He would have joined liverpool if they had  given blackburn more than chelski,simple as that,even if liverpool had offered less wages .I would have thought liverpool fans would respect a player who allowed his club to get a decent profit when he was leaving.remember how we felt when macca left for nothing.    sorry about the rant!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games