Replica kits - Just a question....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:48 pm

A Year ago me and a mate were in the city and we came across a big poster of Steve G standing there with our new Addidas home kit soon to come out. I was told a few years back that the kits the players wore on the pitch were of a different and better quality than the ones we actually buy in the shops. I thought the one Gerrard was wearing looked somewhat different to the one behind the counter, so I said it to him and we had a argument about it for a few days to come. I remember seeing a Candy shirt belonging to Ian Rush a long time ago in a picture, and the badge on it was embroided with stiching, rather than printed on with that awful foam stuff that cracked and fell off over time. I'm just curious: are the kits the players wear actually any different to the ones the players wear on the field these days. I would have thought the term 'replica kit' would mean just that - a cheaper copy of the real thing? Any clues?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Do you remember one of the earlier micro mesh Carlsburg shirts with the white round neck collar, (FA Cup final win over Arsenal I think) the stiching between the main body of the shirt and the white round collar was so poor I still dont like wearing it now - it doesnt itch, it scratchs! And that IS (or was back then) an official team shirt so to answer yor question 'you'd think so but I'm not so sure!'
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:37 pm

yeah they are different, in regards to the liverpool shirt adidas 'formation' shirts are the ones that the players use, they dont have stitching but are glued together apparently, whereas the shirt the supporters get are 'climacool' shirts which are stitched. also there is a difference under the embriodered badge there is like a thin foam to prevent the skin underneath being scratched in the players shirts and this isnt the same as the supporters shirt. From about 2002 on adidas and nike have seperated the players and supporters shirts, its possible to buy some of the player issue style shirts (especially during world cups in regard to international shirts) but they are about 100 euro as opposed to around 50 for the regular replica shirts. (All in all tho there isnt too much of a difference, i.e. the actual fabric of the shirt and probably not worth shelling out another 50 euro on a shirt that will be replaced after one or two seasons....)
Pedro Maradona

Postby destro » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:28 pm

Speaking of shirts is it tomorrow that the new white one comes out ?

I should have a van full of them if anyone is interested :D :;):
destro

Postby KOPMATT » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:13 pm

destro wrote:Speaking of shirts is it tomorrow that the new white one comes out ?

I should have a van full of them if anyone is interested :D :;):

you got my contact & I bet theres no bloody XXL in there........... :;):  LOL
KOPMATT

Postby mikopool » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:00 am

There is a difference, in Canada you have the option of purchasing an authentic or replica jersey of my hometown team Toronto FC, bought a replica away and an authentic home jersey, not very noticeable to the naked eye, but if you take the time side by side there is, the home and away jersey for Toronto fc are exactly the same as the new away kit for Liverpool, just different colours (wish I had waited until after they launched the away kit to buy them)
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby BOODIDDY » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:21 am

Why do they sell the away top with black lettering when the premier league has the red font?

Red on white, not black that's man poo
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:18 pm

Got my new away shirt today!! Delivered as promised by the Liverpool website. With promotion ruck sack, football and water bottle.

Its a very smart shirt, with the warrior on the back just to round it off. Gerrard 8....

Worth getting. But i suppose you will all be waiting for the new signings before you all get yours.

TORRES 9 ON THE BACK!!!

Now that is a good shout at the moment....

Deal to be finalised next week........

Milito to play up front with him.......

Alves on the right.......

Malouda on the left............

Uncle Albertino has some vibes!!!!!
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:44 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:TORRES 9 ON THE BACK!!!

Now that is a good shout at the moment....

Deal to be finalised next week........

Milito to play up front with him.......

Alves on the right.......

Malouda on the left............

Uncle Albertino has some vibes!!!!!

:laugh:  :laugh:
destro

Postby shanks » Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:26 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:59 pm

Can someone tell me if this new Liverpool kit is fake or not?

I can't be sure
:(

Link
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:03 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Can someone tell me if this new Liverpool kit is fake or not?

I can't be sure

Link

:laugh: Its a fake, the arms on the new kit are closer together than that  :nod
destro

Postby mikopool » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:03 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Can someone tell me if this new Liverpool kit is fake or not?

I can't be sure

Link

The badge looks off centre and the stitching looks dodgy. Fake imo.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion