Something about gh from germany ...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lemieux » Wed Oct 08, 2003 9:52 pm

Maybe it´s unusual to post in an English forum as a German soccer fan, but as long as I can think, I´m a big Liverpool fan and the recent development is really making me sad.
In Germany we just hear little things about the true facts happening at Merseyside. So for example I don’t know, what newspapers, TV, Radio and fans are really thinking of it.
I just want to post my opinion here and have some good replies about the real backgrounds of what´s really on in Liverpool.
I think that the most important thing is that GH is still thinking that he is in France and he can turn an English team into a French one whose abilities are completely different. Liverpool has always been a team with other abilities and the fans always wanted and still want to see these.
And following this he buys all those players that nobody really wants to see. Instead he sold players like Robbie Fowler and Jamie Redknapp. And I´m sure, if GH wanted, Macca had not been transferred to Man City.
Another thing is that GH wants to copy Arsene Wenger, but what Arsenal did and what Arsenal does is not what Liverpool has to do.
There is also a general Problem in soccer, that I think can be one of Liverpools problems.
I think that a manager can only stay a time of 3 or 4 years at one club. Of course, there are exeptions like Fergie, but in general it is always the same. If the relationship between the manager on one side and team, fans and media on the other side is damaged, it can not be repaired. That is one of the most simple things in soccer and if GH´s sack will not happen today, it will be tomorrow.
Lemieux

Postby ihatemanyoo » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:45 am

Ah, a lot of people have enunciated the French Legion Conspiracy. Well, apparently Monsieur Wenger has been successful in getting the entire squad to gel together as an effective unit. That may be something that Monsieur Houllier lacks. The mentality of the manager would also influence the team. There was a noticeable lift in spirits of the players since we got back to a attacking style of play. But Houllier claims we have always been playing attacking football.  ???
ihatemanyoo

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion