Bbc or itv best for footie?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Scousewil » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:33 pm

Just wondering wot people think is the better channel for whatching the footie with it goin to the BBC this season? I've really enjoyed the Premiership on ITV and preferred the half time talk and fulltime talk during Euro on ITV than the BBC. Just reckon the whole set up is better. Also has anybody heard about the new package from SKY? I heard they're going to offer a the main matches before match of the day and then 45 minutes of any match so everyone can see they're own team. That's what I heard anyway...?
Scousewil

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:35 pm

BBC by a mile.  No adverts. and 100% better coverage.  Role on MOTD! :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:42 pm

No question that the beeb does it better, I mean the thing went out at 11pm at times on ITV, and was 70%-80% Liverpool, Manu Arsenal and Chelski and 20% the rest.

Also the adverts get right on my tits.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:59 pm

bbc :D
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:10 pm

Stupid question.

With pundits like Robbie (can't speak pwoperly) Earle, Ron (the racist) Atkinson, Ally (know nothing) McCoist and that monotonus fruitcake Des Lynham the BBC is a million times better.

Thats before you mention the intervals for adverts and lack of other premiership teams.

Anno am a red, but the good thing about m.o.t.d. was it shown ALL of the teams equally (or more or less) and that made it a far better show as we weren't hearing how quick and skillfull Henry was every week.

Also the analysis was far better on the Beeb.
115-1073096938

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:31 am

MOTD will be going out at 10.30pm every Saturday night, not massively dissimilar to the slot the Premiership had.

Have to say I was delighted to hear the BBC had won the rights back. For Hansen's no-nonsense analysis alone it pees over ITV's coverage.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:13 am

Ive got to admit that ive always prefered BBC to ITV but during Euro 2004 Mark Lawrenson got right on me tits, his commentry was awful and he left Baros out of his team of the tournament and put ruud van horsekite upfront instead.....SHOCKING! But i do prefer the coverage on BBC, plus no ads, and it will be great to see MOTD back on but id must admit i will miss Andy Townsends tactics truck....class!!!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:31 pm

The beeb every time!!!!!

Motty is the man!! Hansen says it how it is, Lawro with the facts and I hope they get Wrighty for the laughs!!

I rate Gary ahead of Des as well.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:34 pm

BBC
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:35 pm

BBC had 4 times as many viewers for the furo 2004 final than the sad ITV.That just about says it all.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:35 pm

supersub wrote:BBC

Get to point will ya!!!!!!
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:57 pm

What does TJames think  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:14 pm

during euro 2004, both stations had their faults but for me it has to be the bbc. hansen is the best pudit around. did you see him trying not to celebrate when lampard equalised against portugal? wright, lineker and reid were going ballistic and hansen was seriously trying to be scottish and restrain himself. priceless! :D

wright was generally being a fan, not a pundit. schmeichel did nothing but moan about goalkeepers and referees. however gordon strachan was a welcome addition to the team.

bring back motd! :)
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scousewil » Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:28 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Thats before you mention the intervals for adverts and lack of other premiership teams.

Anno am a red, but the good thing about m.o.t.d. was it shown ALL of the teams equally (or more or less) and that made it a far better show as we weren't hearing how quick and skillfull Henry was every week.

Yeah I agree with that they went a bit over board on Henry all the time and it was a bit annoying to see a select few teams every week for ages at the start and the rest for about 2 minutes but I've gotta admit I like the intervals to get mez a new beer an stuff then I dont miss anyfin! So in fact I was talkin s*it when I started this... mustv ad a brain fart or sumfin at the time...
Scousewil

Return to Premiership - General Discussion