Hillsborough memorial service - Video links

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Ive just spent one of the most sobering hours of my entire life watching the Memorial service from Anfield on Sunday. I can quite honestly say, im moved to tears...anyone with a soul and a grasp of what it truly means to be a supporter of this club would be too.

Carra and Kenny offer readings from the bible, as does the outgoing chairman David Moores...but Phil Hammond sums it all up for me in his speech (approx 38 mins in) concerning the Taylor report/Wyness/McKenzie..amongst other details. All power to him and the rest of the HFSG - keep up the fight! 

One day.......one sweet day.

For the rest of us not able/fortunate enough to attend and offer our own respects,  here is two links to the recorded service. Please, take the time to remember the fallen 96 and reflect on the injustices of that fateful day. (apologies for doubling up on the other '15th April' thread. I just thought it merits a place on its own so as many people as possible can view the service)

sorry mods..what am i thinking!  i realise this will be shunted to the Hillsborough discussion - of course. Apologies again. (also if its already been put up).

Gone but never forgotten - Rest in peace and God bless.

Amen.

REALPLAYER:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/media....ium.ram

WINDOWSMEDIA:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/media....ium.asx
Last edited by red37 on Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:21 pm

Thanks for this Red  :down:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:06 pm

Thank you, I am really gratefully for the link.  Keep it here mods, for a little while longer at least, so that as many of us as possible get to see this link.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:34 pm

Touchy subject this but I cannot agree with everything Hammond said. Especially on the manc subject. I personally don't know how he can thank them after what they sang especially at the FA Cup 5th round game last season. I will honestly never forget what they sang that day. Absaloutely sickening.

With all due respect, I don't see why he had to bring either Everton or Man Utd into it anyway. It was supposed to be about rememberance afterall.

I'm not having a go, but I am the only one who felt a bit uneasy about the above?

But I guess it's hard for me to comment because luckily I didn't lose someone.
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:01 pm

YNWA :bowdown

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion