Strength again - Barcelona

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby RonnieOReilly » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:16 am

We dominated Man United on saturday and got into Barcalona at every available space. I said today that I reckon that we NOW have a team to compete for the 19th leauge championship. Summer signings maybe.... but the Rafa squad built is looking sound. We showed this last weekend and two weeks ago in Spain.We have lost the last two games but didnt deserve to lose them. The seed was planted in Istanbul. Its a good feeling to see that the team are ready to win the leauge next year. Homegrown EVERYTIME. Stevie and Carra again played for their city.
RonnieOReilly

Postby babu » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:18 am

um ok. sure.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Earlsy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:20 am

Not so sure about that one Ronnie. Gerrard has not played at the same level as last season especially in the champions league. Against Barca and Man united Cara was by the best performer on the pitch and Gerrard's contribution was minimal to say the least.Alonso and gerrardhave the potential to be the best midfield partnership in Europe but at the moment their not consistent enough, that is, Championship consistent. The front three definitely are notgoing to win us anything other than cup competions. Against Man u the Bellamy and Crouch both squandered chances and the killer ball when in dangerfous areas, whereas aginst Barca in particularlyat home the three of them missed a great chance each. It's fine to bang one or two in against wigan when the team are playing well, but in key league matches to your rivials and big European games the chances are few and need to be taken, I know Bellamy got one against Barca but I would definitely put that one down to bad goal keeping. The liverpool strikers are a handful but they lack that final touch of class. The touch that gives you the confidence and composure to slde in that vital opening in a pressure cooker atmosphere. Bneitez has said before to defend you need organisation but to attack you need talent,thats it exactly. Next stop Etoo and  David Villa.
Earlsy

Postby joangg154 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:24 pm

hi earsly, I love LFC and want all the best for them but i'm from valencia, please you already took Rafa from us, don't take david villa too!
joangg154

Return to Introductions Forum